1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Tundra SR5 4WD - Don't see any grease points

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by NeilAgg, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Nov 30, 2019 at 1:46 PM
    NeilAgg

NeilAgg [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tundra SR5 4wd
    Hey everyone:

I checked my owner's manual. It said I need to grease the 4WD propeller shaft. I crawled under the truck and did some searches on here. It looks like there are supposed to be grease zerks in the end caps of the drive shaft ujoints. Mine does not seem to have them. I guess mine is using sealed u joints. Other threads on this forum said that is for 2018+.

I just want to be sure I am not skipping anything. Can anyone confirm if there are any places to grease on my vehicle?

Thanks,
    Neil

2. Jan 14, 2020 at 1:54 PM
    rockfordhx

rockfordhx New Member

Member:
    NeilAgg - Looked under my 2017 DC 2WD and I dont have any grease zerks either.

3. Jan 14, 2020 at 2:48 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    2017 is the year they started phasing it out. Some 17s will have it and some won’t.

2wd Typically doesn’t have it anyways.

On the bright side of things, I hear that a solid U joint without a Zerk fitting is stronger. Less likely to fail under load.

LifeCycle likes this.
  4. Jul 15, 2020 at 2:29 PM
    ErSlickEr

ErSlickEr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra 4x4 CrewMax 5.7L FFV Limited
    I have a 2018 4x4 MGM 5.8L Tundra FFV Limited and can tell you that my tundra does not have any zerk fittings on the Front Propeller shaft or the Rear Propeller shaft.

Products Discussed in

To Top