1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Toyota Tundra sr5 amp and sub dimensions

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by KrazieZ, Jun 12, 2017.

1. Jun 12, 2017 at 2:14 PM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    K&n filter, leather seats, stubby antenna
    I want to keep the factory head until , and factory amp to the factory speakers all I want to do is add my amp from my last truck and my questions are can I use any line output converter I see every using the l2i or whatever but you can buy cheaper ones and do you tie in where the factory sub is and do you tie into wires or is it plug and play that you can buy to keep wires clean? Also I want to build a box that fits across the whole back and put two 10"s and maybe mount the amp to center or maybe under the driver seat . I think i would put a divider piece between the two subs but one box. Any thoughts and comments ?

2. Jun 12, 2017 at 6:23 PM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    I got all of my stuff from Tech12Volts. The amp I got was able to take speaker level inputs so he gave me a harness that plugged into the harness for the stock amp. There are two different harnesses that you plug in there. One has the inputs and the other is the outputs. He built my box and I am just running one 10 and running it off the same amp as my speakers.

3. Jun 13, 2017 at 9:59 AM
    KrazieZ

KrazieZ [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Zachary
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra sr5
    K&n filter, leather seats, stubby antenna
    Thanks man where you get the harness from?

4. Jun 13, 2017 at 10:03 AM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    Bakflip MX4 Toneau cover Esp storage Audio system (Helix speakers, JL audio amp and sub) Front windows and windshield tinted LED interior and bed lights
    I got everything from james at tech12volts. ********* also has them but i found them to be more expensive. James threw all the harnesses i needed in since i bought the speaks amp and sub through him. Not sure what he charges for them normally but he was great to work with.

5. Jun 15, 2017 at 3:53 AM
    MikeyMTBs

MikeyMTBs New Member

Member:
    Did you have any service related issues with James/tech12volts.com? I'm looking at buying from him too but saw some not so good reviews. His pricing is good for sure and he is semi-local - I'm in Atlanta and he is hours away. What was the lead time?

Sorry for the thread jack.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2017
    KrazieZ[OP] likes this.
  6. Jun 15, 2017 at 5:00 AM
    bsktball55

bsktball55 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Missouri
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra TRD Pro
    No issues at all. From what I've understood, most of the bad reviews comes from a period when he was in the hospital after an accident and some family illness and he had another guy running his company. Since he has been back in charge, he had rebuilt his company and it thought very highly of on one of the Facebook Tundra pages. Always responded within an hour to emails and gave me his cell phone for questions during install. It took me about a week and a half to get my stuff. He coats the sub box with some kind of resin or something like that and he said UPS won't ship it until it is cured so it takes about a week before he can ship it.

Products Discussed in

To Top