1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 SR can interval wipers be installed?

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by carverrn, May 30, 2017.

  1. May 30, 2017 at 10:56 AM
    #1
    carverrn

    carverrn [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2017
    Member:
    #7928
    Messages:
    5
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Rich
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tundra SR 4.6L V8 Gas
    My daughter has a 2017 SR with standard wipers. Can interval wipers be installed?

    I found some info that suggested its all in the stalk and you just replace that but that was in regards to a 2010 Tundra

    Local dealer said no but they've given me wrong information before so I'm hoping someone had better news.

    Thanks,
    Rich
     
  2. May 30, 2017 at 12:30 PM
    #2
    bobeast

    bobeast really old member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2015
    Member:
    #960
    Messages:
    1,525
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
  3. May 30, 2017 at 2:02 PM
    #3
    carverrn

    carverrn [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2017
    Member:
    #7928
    Messages:
    5
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Rich
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tundra SR 4.6L V8 Gas
    So is it a simple matter of disconnecting the old stalk and connecting the new one?

    I managed to find another link for a 2016 Tundra SR saying it's a very simple change and even reference the 2010 reference I mentioned.

    I wonder why 2 Toyota service shops told me it's not something they can do? I'm still waiting to hear back from another. He's actually the only one that asked for the VIN number to check on it.

    Thanks for the help!

    Rich
     
    Last edited: May 30, 2017
  4. May 30, 2017 at 3:02 PM
    #4
    carverrn

    carverrn [OP] New Member

    Joined:
    May 30, 2017
    Member:
    #7928
    Messages:
    5
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Rich
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 Black Tundra SR 4.6L V8 Gas
  5. May 30, 2017 at 4:42 PM
    #5
    bobeast

    bobeast really old member

    Joined:
    Feb 11, 2015
    Member:
    #960
    Messages:
    1,525
    Gender:
    Male
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    Dealers' goto answer is always no for anything they don't really want to do. Take 90% of what they say with a grain of salt, and ignore the other 10%. That's why we're here :)
     

Products Discussed in

To Top