1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2017 Platinum... Anyone who has indepth experience with the JBL Head Unit and Amp/Speaker Wiring

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by cmp1960, Feb 27, 2017.

1. Feb 27, 2017 at 8:19 AM
    cmp1960

cmp1960 [OP] New Member

Member:
    JBL Only.. Non-JBL experienced folks need not apply....lol. totally kidding as you folks have a much easier go and i only wish i had the Non-JBL unit.

So Looking for those who have ventured into the upgrade path while keeping the stock JBL head unit.. know there are post amp wires that need to be plugged into a processor to sum for a full range out... but wanted to chat with someone who has either O-scoped these signals and or know someone who has, just to educate myself.

Know the folks at ********* have done something like this, but when i study their "Recurve" product offering and look at the wires going in, there are 8 input wires for FL-FR-RL-RR. So not sure where they are grabbing them from, but it would suggest that they are full range for front and full range for back... But they go on to say that the center channel is tied to the left dash speaker, as well, and you need to unplug the center speaker when calibrating the recurve and the output voltage is impacted by the load However, the Tundra wiring diagram (or at least the one I have) doesn't really show that.. Anyway, hence my question/request.

Thanks in advance...

2. Mar 5, 2017 at 6:16 AM
    HBdirtbag

HBdirtbag New Member

Member:
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 limited cm
    Curious as well. This truck has the worst headlights and stereo system I've experienced

Products Discussed in

To Top