1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2016 Platinum CrewMax Tire/Suspension

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Nick2016, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Mar 28, 2016 at 8:37 PM
    Nick2016

Nick2016 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tundra Platinum
    Yakima Roof Rack, TRD Dual Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BakFlip Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover, Bestop Power Step Running Boards, Line-X Spray-In Bedliner, Bed Rails/Divider, 35% Tint Front Windows.
    Hello All! Just sold my 2010 DlbCab Rock Warrior and picked up a 2016 Platinum CrewMax.
    I would like to upgrade my tires keeping the stock wheels and would like any help that you can offer.
    I would like to find out the largest size BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 specifically I can put on with absolutely zero trimming, altering, cutting, hammering or removing of the mud flaps (small need to stay as well):

One, if I leave suspension bone stock as is now?
    or
    Two, if I add the TRD Pro suspension kit: Manufacturer:Toyota, Part NumberTR13-34140, Part:TRD PRO SUSPENSION, TUNDRA?

I would prefer to leave the suspension stock and just fill the wheel well with rubber (with no rubbing at all) but the TRD PRO Suspension is the only option I'm willing to consider to fit a little beefier tire.

Thanks in advance for any help.

2. Mar 29, 2016 at 7:41 PM
    jlee

jlee New Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    Bay area CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road on 35's supercharged and Kings and A 2002 SAS'ed supercharged Tacoma on 37's Linked front and rear
    Oh one or two.
    Just going off what you said stock size tires are your only option.

3. Mar 29, 2016 at 9:19 PM
    Nick2016

Nick2016 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Vehicle:
    2016 Silver Tundra Platinum
    Yakima Roof Rack, TRD Dual Exhaust, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BakFlip Revolver X2 Tonneau Cover, Bestop Power Step Running Boards, Line-X Spray-In Bedliner, Bed Rails/Divider, 35% Tint Front Windows.
    Thanks jlee, I guess I may end up getting a direct replacement size just in the BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2.

I was thinking that even with stock suspension, you can go up one tire size from stock rubber and trying to figure out what that size would be in a BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2. Then aside from that, I was under the impression the TRD Pro suspension kit would lift my stock Platinum about 2.5" so I'm trying to figure out what max size BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 would then fit that.

Not looking for a huge lift or tire. Just want to fit biggest BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 that I can with one of those two set ups without chopping or beating or getting rid of mud flaps.

4. Mar 30, 2016 at 4:15 AM
    jlee

jlee New Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    jerry
    Bay area CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road on 35's supercharged and Kings and A 2002 SAS'ed supercharged Tacoma on 37's Linked front and rear
    Oh one or two.
    When your lifting your truck 2 to 3" really the same size tires is what you can fit with no modification to the truck like trimming and removing plastic. With the pro suspension when you hit a bump your tire travels up to the same spot as it would when stock so putting on a larger tire can cause rubbing if your not willing to remove some plastic.

I fit 35x12.50's on mine and I have less lift then a PRO but I removed plastic to clear them.

5. Mar 30, 2016 at 4:20 AM
    chphilo

chphilo Tundra addict

Member:
    Western PA
    Vehicle:
    2010 Toyota Tundra TRD 5.7 4x4 CM
    You could go up to 275/60/20 without an issue. This size tire, imo, looks good even if you decide to lift your truck by 2 inches later on.

Products Discussed in

To Top