1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2015 service manual

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Krohsis, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Sep 28, 2016 at 5:24 AM
    Krohsis

Krohsis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    2016 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax, 5.7L, Red
    I found this link and rolled the bones as to whether I would get a virus or not. Well, no virus and it appears to be what it is reported to be, a Factory Service Manual for a 2015 Tundra. All the different engine and transmission options, etc. are included as well as wiring diagrams. 12,000+ pages. Of the few specs, and torques I know to be correct, they show the same in this manual. So if you have been looking for a manual, check it out...

https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9DxK/rpu3nXZdC

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
    Achuop likes this.
  2. Oct 3, 2016 at 7:02 PM
    rockjockey

rockjockey Per ardua ad astra!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    What a shame that we have to resort to downloading a manual from a Russian website! I'm still tempted, though. How can you be sure you didn't get a virus or other similar bug? I'll have my son-in-law who is an IT security guy download the file and check it out. I'll post what he finds out ...

RowdyRon and NinjaTurtle like this.
  3. Oct 4, 2016 at 5:48 AM
    RowdyRon

RowdyRon Not too old to play

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    2015 Radiant Red TSS Doublecab 4X4 Off Road
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    Yeah, I looked at it but couldn't get the gumption up to hit the "download". The size of the file looked about the same as the one I got previously and posted to the cloud.

4. Oct 4, 2016 at 5:54 AM
    aramirez73

aramirez73 The Ayatollah of Rock n Rolla!

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Milky Way Earth North America Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 MagGrayMetallic TSS CM 4WD SR5 5.7FF
    Rough Country lift 4.5"F/4"R 35x12.50R20 Toyo Open Country AT II/ 20" Fuel rims "Mavericks"/ S&B CAI/ 2-10" Rockford Fosgates R2/ Massive Audio Nano N2 amp/ KatSkins seat covers/ Weathertechs window vent visors and floor mats/ AM-AUTO tow mirrors/ Undercover tonneau bed cover/ Viper alarm 3305V/ Flowmaster Super 40 Dual in-out/ 40" led light bar/ TRD Pro grille/Rough Country 30" LED light bar
    Same info for a 2014???

5. Oct 4, 2016 at 5:59 PM
    Krohsis

Krohsis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    I look forward to his findings. There was no hit by my anti-virus software, and the program continues to work GREAT! Also, the computer is still working as always. Hopefully there isn't a timed virus in there. And the wiring diagrams have been useful for me as well. Nice to have a service manual....

6. Oct 4, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    rockjockey

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    Man, you're REALLY making me want to download that file! Still waiting o hear from my son-in-law but should have some kind of answer from him in next day or two - will advise.

7. Oct 5, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
  8. Oct 5, 2016 at 7:04 AM
    RowdyRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Deck rail system, Bed divider, door sill protectors, LED reverse light bars, Aries Bull Bar with 28" 180 watt LED light bar, LED step lights, LED bed lights, driver-side grab handle, TRD Rear Sway Bar, BedRug bed mat and tailgate mat, Morimoto Fog Lights, more to come.....
    I clicked on the 2015 link and got a "dangerous website" warning on my computer.....?

9. Oct 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM
    rockjockey

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    Well, I finally got with my son-in-law the IT guy regarding the saftey of the link to the 2015 Tundra service manual posted by Krohsis. He downloaded it and ran it through multiple anti-virus software suites and then opened the files on his Windows computer - no problems at all.
    There are actually two files in the download. One is the service manual itself (1267 pages, approx 300 MB). The other is the wiring diagram (approx 20 MB, don't remember the # of pages). Files are in PDF format.
    If you are trying to download to a Windows computer, you shouldn't have any trouble downloading and unpacking the compressed RAR file. You might have a little harder time if you, like I did, try to download it to an iPad. I had to have my son-in-law drop the files onto an FTP site from his computer and then I retrieved it using an FTP client app on my iPad. I have opened and fiddled around with both files and have had no issues and no security alerts - looks like the real deal to me.
    One note - the download site is a Russian Cloud site and it is in Russian. The link will take you to a page where the only thing on the page is the RAR icon with a blue button below it. The button looks like it says "OTKPbITb". Tap on that button and a window in Russian will pop up. Check the little checkbox in the pop-up window - this will activate the dimmed blue button (which also says "OTKPbITb") in the pop-up window. Pressing that (now active) blue button in the pop-up window will start the download.
    As for RowdyRon's "dangerous website" warning, this could be caused by the fact that you are trying to connect to a foreign server, depending on your settings and your security software. However, I strongly urge everyone who tries this to use their own best judgement. I am no expert in computer security and all my information is second-hand (though from a source I trust implicitly). Nor am I judging the legality of owning a Toyota-copyrighted document which was scanned/reproduced and dumped on the web.
    Nonetheless, It's great to have access to this information! Good luck!

RowdyRon likes this.
  10. Oct 8, 2016 at 9:03 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2012 Rock Warrior 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    Hmm I have downloaded the 2012 manuals for my truck from the website without issue. Maybe something changed.

11. Oct 9, 2016 at 4:53 AM
    RowdyRon

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Bentonville, AR
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the follow up!

12. Oct 10, 2016 at 6:34 PM
    Krohsis

Krohsis [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Vehicle:
    You're welcome, ;)

13. Oct 10, 2016 at 6:41 PM
    rockjockey

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    All credit to Krohsis for coming up with this resource in the first place!

14. Oct 29, 2016 at 7:19 AM
    NinjaTurtle

NinjaTurtle New Member

Member:
    Truckee
    Vehicle:
    2016 Bronze Limited DC
    I figured out how to do this on just an iPhone if you don't have a computer.
    Download Briefcase app for iPhone.
    Open the Briefcase app, unlock web browser for free seven day trial, open the web browser, paste the link to the Russian site, check the little box then hit the blue button.
    Give it time, it takes a little while to download.

To Top