1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2014 Platinum 4x4 Build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Shadowfax, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Dec 29, 2015 at 9:43 PM
    Shadowfax

Shadowfax [OP] Shadowfax: The Lord of All Horses.

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Toyota Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Exterior: 4 Inch Fabtech Suspension Lift w/ 1 1/2 blocks in rear Nitto 285/65/20 Terra Grappler G2s Custom Dual Exhaust Fender Flares Chrome Side Steps Bakflip Bed Cover Pinstripe (going to redo) Chrome Tailgate Tundra Letter Inserts Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover Interior TRD Shift Knob Center Console Organizer V1 Mirror Mount w/ Mirror Power Tap Future Hypertech Speedometer and Odometer Correction Chrome Moto Metal Wheels Redo pinstripe Paint Brake Calipers Possibly an ARE bed cover with bedrug
    Bought it as stock as a Platinum gets with big ideas in mind...
    Tundra 4-1.jpg
    Rear First:
    Before
    Tundra 4-2.jpg
    After: Chrome Letter Inserts, Chrome Tailgate Handle, Dual Exhaust with a Flowmaster, Toyota Trucks Hitch Cover.
    Tundra 4-3.jpg

Next Rancho Leveling kit (which didnt level it), Cooper 275/60/20s with a set of MB wheels I had already, Chrome Side Steps, Fender Flares and the 4x4 bed emblems, I know you can't technically get the TRD off-road package on a platinum but I like the emblems to much and it is technically a 4x4 lol
    Tundra 4-4.jpg
    Tundra 4-5.jpg
    Then went with the Pro comp front for a better level. Unlike the Rancho, I actually got abt 2.5 out of it.
    Tundra 4-8.jpg

Stayed like that for a while until I noticed that the damn bed wasnt on right and it was shifted slighty left in comparison to the cab.... That was a frickin pain in the ass bc to me it had to be straightened which involved breaking the bedliner seals over the bed bolts which lead to them botching the bedliner resprays, which needless to say after I expressed my anger to them (yelled at them) I got a free bakflip out of it so I wouldnt have to look at it!! hahahahaha +1
    Bakflip.jpg Bakflip 2.jpg
    So then I started doing a few more things this past month. Console Organizer
    Console Organizer.jpg
    V1 Radar Mirror Mount w/ mirror power wire tap
    V1 Mirror Mount w Power Tap.jpg
    TRD Shift Knob
    TRD Shift Knob.jpg

And last but not least, a blown Christmas Bonus.
    4inch Fabtech Suspension Lift with 285/65/20 Nitto Terra Grappler G2s
    Tundra 4-9.jpg
    Tundra 4-10.jpg
    Tundra 4-11.jpg
    Didn't get the full 4inches........ Should of went with the procomp, thought I was gonna get away with the full 4 without all the cutting.. I thought wrong. Oh well, at least i still fit in most parking garages at a full height of 79inches. Also pinstriped myself but not happy with it so i'm gonna go get it professionally done. Next Up some super necessary CHROOOME wheels and apparently new lighting everywhere is the way to go. TBC

Tundra 4-7.jpg

TNTundra08 likes this.
  2. Dec 30, 2015 at 6:28 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Most go from chrome to black..u went the opposite way.

Sub'd

3. Dec 30, 2015 at 6:58 AM
    PlatPro

PlatPro New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randall
    Vehicle:
    A silk gloved hand with brass knuckles underneath.
    2014 Platinum, TRD Pro Suspension , Truxedo Bed Cover, Vent Shade Rain Guards, Tint match windows,TRD Exhaust, Linex, Custom Dyno Tune, TRD SwayBar, and just started.
    Great Truck. I have a 2014 Platinum as well. I put the TRD Pro suspension in my truck, TRD Exhaust, TRD Sway bar, and a bunch of other stuff. The chrome is awesome . Way to do it your way.

4. Dec 30, 2015 at 4:20 PM
    Ubc2361

Ubc2361 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    Tundra crewmax 5.7 4x4
    Great looking truck, your couldn't fit the 285s with your leveling kit?

5. Dec 30, 2015 at 6:18 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    I'm opposite of chrome as you will find out reading through the forum. It's ok though, your still welcome here :D.

6. Dec 30, 2015 at 7:24 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Love your Tundra. I want dual exhaust at some point, but not like Dodge Ram, as in straight out the back. Way too much exposed. Out the side is the best way, IMHO. That being said , you have a great looking Tundra. I'm hoping the weather has gotten better down your way.

7. Dec 31, 2015 at 1:23 PM
    Shadowfax

Shadowfax [OP] Shadowfax: The Lord of All Horses.

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2014 White Toyota Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Exterior: 4 Inch Fabtech Suspension Lift w/ 1 1/2 blocks in rear Nitto 285/65/20 Terra Grappler G2s Custom Dual Exhaust Fender Flares Chrome Side Steps Bakflip Bed Cover Pinstripe (going to redo) Chrome Tailgate Tundra Letter Inserts Chrome Tailgate Handle Cover Interior TRD Shift Knob Center Console Organizer V1 Mirror Mount w/ Mirror Power Tap Future Hypertech Speedometer and Odometer Correction Chrome Moto Metal Wheels Redo pinstripe Paint Brake Calipers Possibly an ARE bed cover with bedrug
    Thanks for the comments fellas. So don't get me wrong, I know most are leaning toward the black out look now a days, which looks great and is certainly easier on the pocketbook, but when it comes to a white truck nothing goes better than some tastefully done chrome in my opinion. Although Sean, your truck is the strongest case in changing my mind I've seen. lol

UBC- I'm sure I could of with the pro comp struts but def not with the Ranchos. I was waiting for the life of those Coopers to run out and I wanted to base my next set of tires on the lift I chose.

8. Dec 31, 2015 at 4:36 PM
    Jc77

Jc77 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 limited crewmax Trd
    image.jpg I like the chrome
    I guess I'm old school

Products Discussed in

To Top