1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2011 Tundra Problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Yoda951, Mar 14, 2018.

1. Mar 14, 2018 at 4:19 PM
    Yoda951

Yoda951 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brooksville FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Sr5
    Hey y’all maybe some one can help me because I can’t seem to figure it out. I currently have a 2011 Toyota Tundra 4.6 v8 with just under 106k miles. The truck ran great for the longest time up until 100 miles over the 100k limited mile warranty. Then the engine light and traction control came on, I took it in immediately to get it checked out. I was told it was my transmission going out and multiple other problems that obviously was not covered under warranty even though how much I tried to get it covered.
    I let it sit in the dealship till I decided what I wanted to do. I picked it up and the next morning all lights went off and stayed of till about 1000 miles ago and didn’t think nothing of it bc of my recent experience. Then 100 miles ago my truck had no power. Although it still accelerated just very slow and didn’t have any kind of speed limiter. So I did a personal diagnostic by checking all connections I could find along with fuses and reset the codes by disconnecting the battery and took it for a spin. No limiter or slow acceleration functioned perfectly fine with no lights then for 4 days till the engine light came on then today the minute the traction control light comes on the slow acceleration kicks back in.

Any suggestions, can’t see how a Toyota with 106k can need a new transmission and so many problems all at once.

2. Mar 14, 2018 at 6:03 PM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    By speed limiter, do you mean Limp Home mode?...What other 'multiple problems' did the dealer mention? Have you pulled the codes from the check engine light? Previous maintenance?

3. Mar 14, 2018 at 6:23 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    could it be AIP issue ?

4. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:44 PM
    Yoda951

Yoda951 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brooksville FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Sr5
    My speed isn’t limited just my acceleration speed is. They told me when they pulled the codes that my air valves needed to be replaced that’s was only under warranty for water making its way into the valve and that my shifting soliniod was bad and needed to be replaced but they won’t guarantee that the transmission won’t go out. The also told me that I wouldn’t be able to go over 30 miles an hour but it drives normally and shifts normally. I had the tranny flushed at 85k as well.

5. Mar 14, 2018 at 7:45 PM
    Yoda951

Yoda951 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Brooksville FL
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tundra Sr5
    Yes by speed limited as limp mode but iv seen limp mode and it’s not acting like limp mode

6. Mar 14, 2018 at 8:04 PM
    Nick T

Nick T New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Symptom sounds like AIP, dealer said AIP is bad. Suggest you read up on this forum regarding how to diagnose and fix

Products Discussed in

To Top