1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2008 OEM 18" Alloy wheels on a 2019 -1794 Crewmax with TRD off rd pkg

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by matjok, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Mar 9, 2020 at 10:47 AM
    matjok

matjok [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hi Everyone,

Newbie here. 2019 – 1794 Crewmax with TRD off road package. Have 18” alloy wheels with the stock Michelin tires on it.

Planning to go on White Rim road in Moab in June, so I was thinking off getting an extra set of 18” wheels with Nitto Ridge grapplers. Friend of mine have a set of 2008 18” OEM alloy wheels that I can get for free.

Will they work on my Tundra? I did some reading here and it looks like I need to change some sensors in the wheel. Since my knowledge in this is extremely limited could someone please explain in simple terms what need to be done to make the 2008 wheels to fit on my 2019? If it is too much trouble swapping these back and forth I would rather buy the same wheels I have and the Nitto tires mounted so I can swap them myself as needed.

Also a question for you guys who have done the White rim road drive - can it be safely done in 1794 with stock TRD off road suspension without raising?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Products Discussed in

To Top