1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2005 Tundra codes

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by oldblu65, Nov 4, 2018.

1. Nov 4, 2018 at 2:55 PM
    oldblu65

oldblu65 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Vehicle:
    2005 Tundra Crew Cab Limited 2wd
    Had a recent " check engine " light come on . Had scanned , P1442 and P1445 ." Secondary air injection system switching valve No.2 stuck close bank 1 and bank 2 . Researching reveals very expensive repairs . Heard about a relatively simple ( and cheaper ) kit to bypass this problem . My question : I live in an area requiring emission testing at auto registration yearly . My understanding is these codes are an emission failure and will not allow me to register my vehicle . Will this bypass kit fix the problem or will the CEL still fail me on the emission testing ? Any experiences or advice anyone has to offer will be truly appreciated .

2. Nov 4, 2018 at 3:03 PM
    Casper421

Casper421 Toyota RidgeTrac driver!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    06 DC
    From what I’ve read, you won’t have the CEL come back so emissions shouldn’t be an issue as long as you clear the code.

3. Nov 4, 2018 at 4:59 PM
    simonmiles

simonmiles New Member

Member:
    I have a 2006 Double Cab that started making the vacuum sound associated with the secondary air pump when I started the truck. After reading forums I realized that this could possibly lead to certain codes related to the secondary air pump so I went ahead and installed the bypass kit from Hewitt-Tech. I didn't have a CEL but it was done to hopefully keep the problems away. I didn't even have to install the block-off plates for the exhaust that are needed for most if CELs show up. I had to have my inspection done about a few weeks ago and I live in an area that requires emissions testing. Didn't have any issues with the truck passing. Take my experience for what it's worth. Hope that helps.

Products Discussed in

To Top