1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2003 tundra 4x4 AC TRD brake controller install

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by 7bru, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Jun 20, 2020 at 3:15 PM
    7bru

7bru [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bru
    Vehicle:
    2003 Toyota Tundra 4x4 AC TRD
    Hello Friends

The search didn't find anything related

As the title says i am installing a brake controller to tow a camper i bought. 1st trailer i have owned that has trailer brakes.

I bought a controller with the Toyota plug. also got the 7 pin /4 pin socket for the back of the truck with the Toyota plugs. easy enough because its all plug n play.

I removed the kick plate by the emergency brake and plugged the adapter in to truck harness and mounted the brake controller. i was thinking this is way to easy.

Go to the back of the truck and mount the 7 pin on the hitch. plug in one of the plugs but i cant find the plug i need for the aux power, brake controller signal and reverse lights.

Go back to adapter plug in the cab and verify i have the blue wire coming out of the plug.

So this truck has tow package in the cab and not at the back of the truck? now i know i can run a wire up the frame and splice into the blue wire on the controller but why if i bought the adapter.

If the missing plug is there i cant find it.

Thanks in advance
    BRU

Products Discussed in

To Top