1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

1st Gen. Lunch Table - General Discussion

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by NUDRAT, Jan 18, 2020.

1. Apr 19, 2021 at 4:31 AM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tundra V8 SR5 '03 Corolla Virus
    Sweet! Thanks! I'll look into the custom product.
    :hattip::rofl:

I'm glad that there is positive feedback from my stories. I'm happy to provide more when life presents them to me.

I still haven't made my story time thread yet as I've been busy with house work.

Anyone who wants to be tagged in it, let me know.

GODZILLA and BubbaW[QUOTED] like this.
  2. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:00 AM
    KarmaKannon

KarmaKannon Master of None

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab w/long travel
    Some junk
    I stopped drinking beer, eating bread, having crackers, or anything like that, no suger in my coffee, and I don't have sweets besides dark chocolate with peanut butter on it or peanut butter on celery. I'm three weeks in and have lost 13-15lbs. I'm no model of my excellent health, but if I can do it anybody can. I'm still a chubass and need to lose another 15-20lbs(or more, depending on your idea of a good weight)
    I made a deal with the wife if I lost 20lbs I could get a new wiz bang full suspension mountain bike. I told her I wanted one, but couldn't take advantage of it without losing the weight. It's been good motivation. I already really enjoy doing silly things with my fat bike and there are trails for miles just no on the hill by me, so it should be fun to start hurting myself doing fun things again instead of yard work.

3. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:06 AM
    bmf4069

bmf4069 Yup, that's car parts in a dishwasher

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 AC sr5 4wd v8
    I cut down on carbs after the divorce and went from 215 down to 185. I kinda slacked of and hovered around 200 for a while. Hit 40 last year and now went up to 220. So I switched to ultras and lowered my caloric intake. It's coming back off, just slower than it would ditching carbs completely. I gotta lose it so I can go faster on my motorcycle! :rofl:

RUSTYNUTS, GODZILLA, speedtre and 2 others like this.
  4. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:09 AM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    If its ok with you, I’d like to enter into a story telling competition with you. Your stories being mostly true (except for your hydroplane into the ditch one) and my stories will be embellished in a composite of fiction form. Dueling Yarns in the Barn would be a good description.

5. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:10 AM
    KarmaKannon

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Some junk
    I hear that. I remember being fairly skinny and having a cbr600. 20lbs or so is a big deal to the smaller bikes. What's your high score so far?

Darkness and bmf4069[QUOTED] like this.
  6. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:10 AM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    Summer is near. Get that Speedo out and look in the mirror!

RUSTYNUTS, chrisb, Darkness and 2 others like this.
  7. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:16 AM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    That'd be cool as hell. Who would be the impartial judges?

I'm assuming this is all we get as the "winner."

8. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:32 AM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    As a reformed fat guy some unsolicited advice. My high weight was 255 in 2014, been between 185-190 for the last 5 years.

Pick something you can stick with, cutting out entire foods/food groups you enjoy is typically unsustainable for most people. Eat what you like and scale back the portions.

Use something to track weight that shows an overall trend, it makes seeing the normal ups/downs a little easier.
    weight.jpg

9. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:34 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    One thing is certain, I'm not drinking Mich Ultra if I can avoid it. Everyone I know that drinks that shit ends up having to drink 2-3 times as many to get the same effect. It completely defeats the purpose.

RUSTYNUTS and NUDRAT[OP] like this.
  10. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:37 AM
    KarmaKannon

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Some junk
    How about the winner gets a custom laser cut key chain dealy? Some variation of this. I can probably etch "BULL$HITTER" on it too.

PXL_20210419_123636202.jpg

11. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    onesojourner

onesojourner Here, let me derail that for you

Member:
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    06 DBLcab LTD 4x4
    Don't hold out. What bike?

Stopping the carbs makes a healthy weight surprisingly easy. Nice work.

NUDRAT[OP] likes this.
  12. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:40 AM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
  13. Apr 19, 2021 at 5:47 AM
    KarmaKannon

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Some junk
    Thanks for the advice! I actually don't miss bread and cookies and such. Beer I miss some and will likely have a beer or two while doing yard work after I'm down 20-30lbs. I'd say my diet is pretty sustainable. My cravings haven't been bad and I've been around cookies and whatever the whole time. Yesterday was the hardest because after our hike I needed energy, but I at mostly protein and had my peanut butter on dark chocolate. I feel better today knowing that the oatmeal cookies are still sitting right there on the counter.
    Thinking polygon d6 https://www.bikesonline.com/2021-polygon-siskiu-d6-dual-suspension-mountain-bi
    Or the t7 https://www.bikesonline.com/2021-polygon-vander-t7-dual-suspension-trail-mount
    I like the d6 for the dropper but don't like the forks. It also might be a bit optimistic of me to go trail over xc, but I've always enjoyed being stupid in motorcycles and four-wheelers and such. If I keep losing weight I don't think getting some air or making some kickers is out of the question. I'm only low to mid 30s and now's the time to hurt myself.

I was the guy who thought it looked fun to build a freestyle motocross ramp in my garage(and did) and didn't know you could jump dunes in anything besides 5th gear.

14. Apr 19, 2021 at 6:41 AM
    onesojourner

Member:
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    06 DBLcab LTD 4x4
    So did you replace your carbs with fat or are you hungry all the time?

Do you do mostly XC stuff? Will you be doing any downhill?

15. Apr 19, 2021 at 7:06 AM
    KarmaKannon

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    Some junk
    I replaced most my carbs with 1% milk lattes (no sugar added), cheese for a snack, and a fair amount of lettuce with protein and a small amount of dressing. Veggies here and there with food or a snack too. Not hungry all the time and if I get hungry I have a handful of mixed nuts or some dried berries. So yeah mostly fats instead of carbs.
    I don't really mountain bike off the road right now because it's never been that easy to do with my fitness. I generally do our paved trails for a few miles with my current mtb or my fat bike because it's really fun. As my kid gets more bike time we will do more trails, but I have a few people that might go do some faster more technical stuff with me. It's basically get into mountain bikes more or get into dirt bikes again and I got tired of waking up on the ground not knowing where I was. Mountain bikes take the stakes down a little bit. Fast for a dirt bike trail is 50 or so and fast for an mtb is probably 20-30.

16. Apr 19, 2021 at 7:25 AM
    onesojourner

Member:
    SW MO
    Vehicle:
    06 DBLcab LTD 4x4
    You probably know this but be careful to no get to much protien. Out of the 3 common energy sources (Fat, Carbs and protein) protein is the least healthy energy source and fats are the healthiest. If you do need anything to get you to the next meal consider adding a spoonful of coconut oil. Are you familiar with intermittent fasting? It can help you get where you want faster. There is also a ton of health benefits to go along with it. Good luck with your heath Journey.

Do you have any lift or shuttle access downhill parks? We do and we also like to take a trip out west to ride there once a year or so. My priority was a pretty slacked out front end and steep seat tube angle. That makes for a bike that is easy to pedal but still completely at home pointing downhill.

17. Apr 19, 2021 at 7:27 AM
    MrDirtjumper

MrDirtjumper Ol’ dickhead

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Slam Angelo, Texas
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD, 2wd to 4wd Conv.
    Ive got basically all XC trails near me and had both bike shops trying to talk me into an XC bike. Ended up with a 21 Stumpjumper and have enjoyed every minute of it. It’s a little slack but I used the flip chip to pull it in a degree or so and it rides like a dream. I can easily say that it’s every bit of bike that I’ll ever need.

I feel ya on the ramp thing. Coming from bmx and well... dirt jumping, the first thing I did was build a kicker ramp. And that’s when I learned that these old bones aren’t quite what they used to be.

18. Apr 19, 2021 at 8:04 AM
    bmf4069

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 AC sr5 4wd v8
    I've hit 115 so far, but being a noob I'm scared to push it much further. That and I was at 9k in 6th.

alee891 likes this.
  19. Apr 19, 2021 at 8:15 AM
    alee891

alee891 Rather Be Dead

Member:
    Now/here
    Vehicle:
    Shitbox
    Let the Ninja eat, it's got more

bmf4069[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Apr 19, 2021 at 8:19 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I knew a guy who claimed he hit 191 on his bike and he was the type crazy enough to do it.

21. Apr 19, 2021 at 8:33 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    You're a good story teller. The one you told about the lady on the cruise I actually read twice, it was like a short story that I wanted more from.

GODZILLA and Tundra2[QUOTED] like this.
  22. Apr 19, 2021 at 8:35 AM
    bmf4069

Member:
    TX
    Vehicle:
    02 AC sr5 4wd v8
    It's just a baby ninja! I need new tires too. I'll get there.

GODZILLA likes this.
  23. Apr 19, 2021 at 9:23 AM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    Here's another one for you guys, if you can get it since I know Yuengling doesn't distribute everywhere.

PXL_20210419_161559773.jpg

bmf4069, onesojourner and FirstGenVol like this.
  24. Apr 19, 2021 at 9:51 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I had one of those recently and it was enjoyable. I didn't even know it was a low carb/calorie beer. When Yeungling first started distributing in TN back around 09 it was a big deal for like 10 seconds. I had never heard of it and thought the name was Asian.

25. Apr 19, 2021 at 10:23 AM
    Jack McCarthy

Jack McCarthy Truck repair enthusiast; Rust Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    North of Boston
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra AC SR5 V8 4x4
    I think the only time I’ll drink beer flavored water is when visiting others. Typically, I just drink bottled water instead and save the beer drinking for the weekends.

Darkness likes this.
  26. Apr 19, 2021 at 10:36 AM
    chrisb

chrisb scumbag

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    noblesville, IN
    Vehicle:
    06 AC 4x4
    I parked under a cedar tree all weekend whilst staying in NC for car stuffs. Miserable stuff that tree pollen...and we don't have cedars up here in IN, so my normal anti-allergy cocktail wasn't fully cutting it.

I've been catching up on just this thread for hours. I left town early Thursday morning. Would have only been a few pages if Mr. Popular hadn't reemerged from the depths. (still glad he's back)

You guys don't see it much from me over here, but on my 911 build thread, I've been known to spin a yarn. I think a contest would be really fun.

Absolutely get a trail bike over an XC bike. So much more capable and modern trail bikes have very efficient pedaling platforms compared to bikes even 8-10 years ago.

There have been very few MTB rides I've been on in the last several years that didn't see speeds above 20mph...and every time I've left the midwest in search of a proper mountain, 30 goes whizzing by like nothing.
    If I'd known MTB was so rowdy when I was a kid, I would've gotten into it when I was young instead of sticking with BMX for so long.

27. Apr 19, 2021 at 11:28 AM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    My older bro is happy they reached a deal with Coors to brew it in Texas so he can get it locally.

I'm happy that I don't have to take an extra suitcase full of it for him when I visit now :cheers:

It's a solid day drinking beer and cheap enough to do it. I think last time I bought a 24 pack of Premium it was maybe $15. But you're correct it's nothing to go crazy over.

28. Apr 19, 2021 at 11:41 AM
    Jack McCarthy

Jack McCarthy Truck repair enthusiast; Rust Aficionado

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    North of Boston
    Vehicle:
    02 Tundra AC SR5 V8 4x4
    For any of you Xfinity internet users out there who have cut the cord, be aware that I heard from one of their regional managers earlier that they are capping the usage on monthly data to force people to use their free Flex box since any data used by it won’t count towards the data limit.

Basically, they’re trying to force people off Roku, Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV, etc. to use their hardware instead where only the first box is free. This is supposed to happen early 2022. Bastards!

29. Apr 19, 2021 at 11:49 AM
    empty_lord

empty_lord They see me rollin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Indiana, Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    05 rollover special
    custom body work, Billies with taco ARB springs, Icon AAL, TRD FJ trail team wheels, 2019 Toyota 86 radio, Blacked out interior, Added factory power everything, heater mirrors, ETC
    Can I win a “coolest tech around” prize?

NUDRAT[OP], CodyP and Darkness like this.
  30. Apr 19, 2021 at 11:50 AM
    empty_lord

empty_lord They see me rollin'

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Indiana, Chicagoland
    Vehicle:
    05 rollover special
    custom body work, Billies with taco ARB springs, Icon AAL, TRD FJ trail team wheels, 2019 Toyota 86 radio, Blacked out interior, Added factory power everything, heater mirrors, ETC
    I’ve got xfinity... two hours on the phone to have them remove the cap... if they decide to reinstate that shit I’m done with them.

with all the shit I have network wise including the cameras I’m normally well over a TB each month

Jack McCarthy[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top