1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

08 4.7 Tundra air pump problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by ih8airpumps, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Apr 29, 2017 at 5:24 AM
    ih8airpumps

ih8airpumps [OP] New Member

Member:
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4.7 Tundra base
    Bone stock, limited wheels
    08 tundra with more air pump problems. I need emmissions test in a couple of weeks and I will fail. Light on, limp mode. I want to fix this properly and be done with it. Its been an issue off and on for YEARS.

Truck has very low miles and I'm the only owner. Toyota tried to fix it once so no more extended warranty. I have complained to everyone. They refuse. My 08 is a 4.7 truck.

The wiring connector that goes to the pump under the manifold only has a single heavy gauge wire at the connector. My pump in the wheel well has 2 wires. Does the pump under the manifold just ground to the block or something. I'm trying to figure out how to relocate my pumps but info on 08 4.7's is slim. I want to get parts ready but can't see the pump under there. I now have no choice but to do this myself and I have no urge to leave the air pumps where they are. Its been ridiculous and expensive. The 07 has a 2 wire connector for manifold pump. My 2008 is different with only one wire.

Can anybody help me PLEASE. Picture of my setup someplace??? Any information??? Thank you !

2. Apr 29, 2017 at 5:57 AM
    ih8airpumps

Member:
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4.7 Tundra base
    I forgot to add, that my thinking is if I want to move the pump from under the manifold why do I even need to pull the manifold to get at it. If I can figure out the wiring, the plumbing is obvious. Just use longer wires and hoses and bypass the existing and put the new pumps somewhere else like behind the air filter. Is my thinking flawed? Thanks again.

3. Apr 29, 2017 at 7:23 AM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
  4. Apr 29, 2017 at 10:16 AM
    ih8airpumps

Member:
    Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    08 4.7 Tundra base
    Thanks but I'm old, cautious, and have no interest in doing anything that can possibly get me into trouble. I just want to put the new pumps where I can monitor there condition easily. I need hip replacement and back surgery and I sadly can't stand the pain of doing jobs like this anymore. I need it done and out of my head (and stomach). Don't ever get old. There is nothing good about it. I am not against the bypass, I think it's great that people have that option. Kudos to the guys that figured it out. Can anyone help me?

Products Discussed in

To Top