1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

06 double cab alarm gremlins

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by himile, Jan 7, 2019.

1. Jan 7, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    himile

himile [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yep, I've read about it elsewhere (alarm gremlins), and its now happening to my 06 SR5 Double Cab. The truck is stock with power locks, key fob, factory installed original equipment alarm that is supposed to go off only when unauthorized entry of vehicle occurs. Lights flash, horn blares and the battery dies in short order. My system likes to go off in the middle of the night or when I'm away for a few days (no evidence of unauthorized entry). When I try to start the truck, the battery is totally drained. I've removed the driver's side locks and window switch assembly, cleaned things up real well, sprayed everything with electronics cleaner and reinstalled; that seems to help for few weeks, but then the gremlins return.

I'd be happy if I could simply disable the alarm system completely. I'd also be happy to replace any of the old switches that may be shorting out and causing the gremlins to act up. Can any of you old-time first genners point me toward a solution that does not require me to take my truck to a toyota dealer.

The truck has 210K. I bought it used with 100K on the clock and have maintained it religiously. I'm one of those weirdo's who likes to see how many miles he can get outta the same vehicle. There's gotta be a way to just disable that alarm.

Products Discussed in

To Top