1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

05 4.0 v6 tundra

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by NetG, Mar 22, 2015.

1. Mar 22, 2015 at 8:01 AM
    NetG

NetG [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hey folks, I'm looking at getting an 05 v6 tundra in my area and I was curious, I tried searching but couldn't find anything...these have the same 4.0 v6 as the tacoma, has anyone put the trd supercharger and fit kit for a tacoma on a 4.0 v6 tundra? In my head I can't see why it wouldn't bolt right up, should have all the same brackets/mounts/ecu/sensors. The only thing I could think of would be that the intercooler piping might need some customizing. Any thoughts on the reality of this idea? I can't find anything any where.

2. Mar 22, 2015 at 8:23 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Welcome!
    You should contact Toyota parts, or someone that deals with TRD specifically. I believe @Ramon does this.

3. Mar 22, 2015 at 9:29 AM
    NetG

NetG [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'm still looking for obvious differences/reasons. I did find one forum where a guy asked this same question but no one had an answer :(, he found that the ecu part numbers were different...though my imagination can't see them being different programming or pin locations or one having more/less sensors than the other...well I COULD but that's if I get argumentative, nothing definitive. I could see the difference in part numbers being just in how the ecu/tcu mount to the body and how the tcu bolts up to the ecu, these being different given the different body styles. Usually the tcu is a separate computer bolted to the side of the ecu but both the 2wd tundra and 2wd tacoma use an a340e (a340f for 4wd) so there really shouldn't be any difference in programming or pin location that I can see right away without seeing the actual wiring diagram. I could see the wiring harness being positioned different but they should be similar enough that if anything some repositioning or slight elongation might be all that's needed...but I also haven't looked at the wiring diagrams for the two vehicles and the supercharger. I'll have to look into that while waiting to see if anyone has actually done this.

This would be something I'd save up for too, buying a vehicle NOW is a must and this 05 4.0 v6 tundra is, as of yet, my best option given my needs and funds. I can't keep saving until I get 10k for a tundra with a larger engine so this could be a future mod (like a few years) that I would save up for. While I save I can enjoy better gas mileage, and I don't NEED a full sized truck. I've actually been looking for a v6 ranger/tacoma/s10 sized truck but then this popped up and so far it's the best truck I've found, while a larger body it has the gas mileage I'm looking for and a better towing capacity so the loads I would pull/haul on occasion would be easier on the truck. I also can't not mess with my vehicles so this could be a fun project later on...just a little insight into why I'm thinking about this...plus I just wanna know why not :)

4. Mar 22, 2015 at 6:06 PM
    Rkcruza

Rkcruza New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra AC 4WD TRD OR SR5
    De Badged / Decaled, Firestone Ride Rite Air Bags w/ Daystar Cups, 17" Rims, Big Brake kit w/ slotted & drilled rotors, plus lots of work related stuff.
    I have never driven a V-6 Tundra, but love my 1st Gen! They are a really nice truck and I like that they aren't huge like the newer stuff. Good luck in your quest.

Pucks18 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top