1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

‘Beers for Connor’

Discussion in 'Colorado' started by T-Rex266, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:14 PM
    jewsNbrews

jewsNbrews SSEM #8 level 3, RGBA #5 lab tested lab approved

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Jewiston Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    Bolt on
    I'd rock that on my rear window for Conner.

2. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:19 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    As stated earlier, my comments:

Sean, Zack, and myself waited for all the friends and family to be seated first. We felt it was best. Unknown to us, Anthony already had seats saved for us (thank you for that). Well, we got the privilege to sit right up by the family and witness the proceedings.

The services were very heart warming just to see how many people attended, and the live's Connor touched. We were all packed in like a school of fish in a net. The Eulogy was amazing, and Mr. & Mrs. Gillmore did an amazing job of walking us through the life of Connor Gillmore. I wish we could have recorded it. There was laughter, tears, sorrow, and understanding. Not a dry eye in the Church. I will touch on this later on.

Now for the heart breaking part. This is hard to even type. Like stated earlier, we had the privilege to be right up front during the funeral. My heart was shattered into a million pieces watching the family, and I couldn't look away. I should have, but I wanted those feelings burnt into my mind. Unfortunately, I have been to a "few" funerals in my days, but for some reason this one really bit me.

I would also like to commend the Gillmore's again for the Eulogy and being very honest, direct, and sending a message to everyone in the room. While listening, things made more sense. "Connor did it his own way" was an accurate statement and nothing was going to change that. The love of Toyotas was mentioned a lot, the love for his siblings, his intelligence but poor grades, the stubborness to not wear a seatbelt was mentioned twice, and how even in death, Connor changed/saved 5 total strangers with organ donation. The family actually listed out all the people he saved. That was definitely a tear jerking moment. Two were in Colorado.

I always see the digital information boards on the highway with Colorado death toll all year long. To date, it is 575 people in Colorado. This became very personal when you put a face to it.....

IMG_2053.jpg

P.S.
    Notice the hat on the 4R hood.....

3. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:27 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    In.

I like it! I assume most of us would place these on rear windows, may want to do a color other than black for the outside lettering so it’s more noticeable.

Law323 and ColoradoTJ like this.
  4. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:38 PM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
    Well said. I tried to hang out in the back and wait for you guys but was ushered in and directed to a seat. Seeing his family was heartbreaking, and something I will never forget. From this day on, I will always wear my seat belt, and no one will ride with me without one. Another thing mentioned today was Connors new found love for Crown Royal.

To Connor

20181210_183550.jpg

5. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:41 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I was actually a little surprised they said that, but like I said, they were honest and loving parents, no matter what.

6. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:45 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    S&B intake, Magnaflow muffler, Airlift airbags with Daystar contact cups, LED's everywhere including Diode Dynamics stealth front LED bar, Baja Design Squadron II's on CBI ditch light brackets, completed Diode Dynamics interior LED's.
    I believe we may have been close to each other. I arrived right before 10:00, and subsequently was ushered into the front row, on the left side of the aisle.

As you said, it was absolutely heartbreaking. The one that caught my girlfriend and I the most, was connors youngest brother. In moments where the service seemed static, he seemed lost, and unable to focus. But whenever his family’s involvement was requested, he seemed to focus again on where he was and what was going on, and his agony was brought back to the surface.

And on the stickers, if you would like one, please email me with your name and address, and I’ll get started on a list for sticker distribution. Cost will be $8 a sticker, with everything made going as a donation to The Donor Alliance.

My personal email is Russroram@aol.com

7. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:47 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    S&B intake, Magnaflow muffler, Airlift airbags with Daystar contact cups, LED's everywhere including Diode Dynamics stealth front LED bar, Baja Design Squadron II's on CBI ditch light brackets, completed Diode Dynamics interior LED's.
    The plan was for them to be orange, to pay homage to @Thegr8punkin and his first 4Runner.

JC303, Sunnier, 4x4_Angel and 6 others like this.
  8. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:48 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    Love that idea! Wasn’t trying to nitpick, the idea just came to me.

Law323 and Boosted4runner like this.
  9. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:49 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    No nitpicking seen lol.

10. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:51 PM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    SERIOUSLY!?????

Law323 and Boosted4runner like this.
  11. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Yeah, I didn’t know either.

12. Dec 10, 2018 at 5:59 PM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
    Wow. Finally another AOL user in my age bracket (or close to). I was starting to feel like the only one left.
    :cheers:

4x4_Angel and 250000yota[QUOTED] like this.
  13. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:02 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    Same email for the last 20ish years lol. :locked:

14. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    PM'd

Boosted4runner likes this.
  15. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:03 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    We were seated in the pew behind you, on the far right side. I seen you come in.

Seeing the youngest brother and Mrs. Gillmore was the hardest part . He was just lost and not sure how to process the loss of his hero (as big brothers are). Hopefully they all find peace in their hearts.

16. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:06 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    SERIOUSLY???

Boosted4runner and landphil like this.
  17. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:08 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    I spent 4 years in Japan...I'll translate.............upload_2018-12-10_19-8-3.jpg To(toe) Yo ( Yo...as in Yo) Ta(tah)

18. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:09 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    I kinda searched around for those of you I’d met at the reception, but didn’t see any familiar faces. Would have been nice to connect.

19. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:10 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Black Wolf[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:15 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
    Boosted4runner likes this.
  21. Dec 10, 2018 at 6:19 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    We didn’t go to the reception.

To be honest with you, my oldest was sick today and took one for the team. My wife had meetings this morning that couldn’t be avoided, I obviously had someplace to be, and she wasn’t feeling well. She held out as long as she could and got the call from the school nurse with a 102* temp (that we both missed) around 12:20.

She just got up around 15 minutes ago and asked about Connor. I showed her the pamphlet and talked with her about it. She asked to go to her room and hasn’t been out since. Only thing she said “I’m sorry daddy for your friend, he was to young...” and walked off. She is very sensitive to these things.

22. Dec 10, 2018 at 8:16 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    I'm reading this thread....the posts about today....so heart breaking.

I'm sitting in my couch crying reading this. I am so happy that Connor still was able to touch/help people even after death by being a donor.

Thank you all for sharing what happened today for those of us who weren't able to go....

I love this place...our little spread out tundra family....it's a great place

23. Dec 10, 2018 at 8:44 PM
    Squatting Pigeon

Squatting Pigeon Squattingpigeon.com Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Holden
    North Texas
    Vehicle:
    GR Corolla
    Amen.
    Thank you everyone that has contributed to this thread for us that can't be there! Connor was a great guy and this Tundra family here sure has his back.

24. Dec 10, 2018 at 9:23 PM
    Boosted4runner

Boosted4runner Join the NRA please.

Member:
    WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC MGM TRD Tundra, Kings, 5.7, 2018 front end
    Resi Kings, 35” Trail Grapplers on 18” Methods, ICON Delta Upper Arms, Front-Runner bed rack, Yakima SkyBox16, 2018 honeycomb grill, 2018 LED headlights, plastidipped bumper covers
    Absolutely heartbreaking thread.

It’s hard to believe I’ve seen a few posts about wearing seatbelts (I thought the anti-belt folks were only 60’s+ older era). For the love of God, wear your G damn seatbelts.
    They aren’t *that* restrictive.
    I’ve almost rolled trucks down 200 yard hills, just because I stalled the rig and could barely keep my foot on the brake. I’ve had so many stupid wheeling incidents - I couldn’t count how many times I could’ve put my passengers lives at risks - especially not wearing belts. And the passengers really didn’t have a clue.
    Even if you click the thing in, and just wear the shoulder belt - wear something.
    A decade back I watched a guy in his 50’s wheeling Zuk’s with his wife and daughters take a large rock to his eye because he was hanging out the side of his rig. He was life flighted out of Tillamook State Forest and lost his eye for life. (I was wheeling with a larger Toyota Tacoma crew back in the day, and we let a smaller Zuk crew pass us )

Sorry to go O.T. - but please, be safe out there folks. It’s not worth it.
    I don’t know the details behind Connor, but it sounds like the Gillmore family would appreciate others taking a more cautious/safe route to driving/wheeling.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018
  25. Dec 10, 2018 at 10:38 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    Boosted, I think that’s the big thing to take away from Connors whole situation. And i don’t mind you going off thread for this message. Regardless of the situation, one thing is certain.

Wear. Your. Belt.

I’ve survived multiple accidents, one of which was serious enough to leave me with belt bruises across my chest and stomach. But it’s better than the alternative.

Email me your address Christi.

Russroram@aol.com

26. Dec 11, 2018 at 4:13 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    I've worn seat belts ever since I got behind the wheel for good reason. Seemed to be the logical thing to do. I was the exception with most of my friends. Most of the "resistors" back then and now are youth and always will be unfortunately. I do remember old timers back then grumbling about mandatory seatbelt use and it really wasn't enforced for quite some time. Safety first is a must for sure.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  27. Dec 11, 2018 at 1:15 PM
    ToyBrota

ToyBrota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    X2 1985 Toyota Hilux's
    Hey everyone. Stickers still available?
    I didn't know Connor personally, but he sent me an intake manifold for my 22R build a week before his accident, so I'd like to dedicate the rest of the build to him.
    It's really sad, he was in his MR2 that he just finished. He sent me Snapchats all proud of him getting the motor installed.

28. Dec 11, 2018 at 1:19 PM
    250000yota

250000yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Russ
    Berthoud, CO
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 SR5 Crewmax
    @ToyBrota, email me at russroram@aol.com with your address. That email is also my PayPal, each sticker is $8, going to The Donor Alliance. I'll send you a sticker.

29. Dec 11, 2018 at 1:42 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    welcome! I got snapchats too from him off it.

30. Dec 11, 2018 at 2:37 PM
    ToyBrota

ToyBrota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Vehicle:
    X2 1985 Toyota Hilux's
    Awesome, I will do that. Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top