1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 2.5 gen Tundra today?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by T-Rex266, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Apr 10, 2019 at 9:34 PM
    easleycrawler

easleycrawler TOYOTA ADDICT- SSEM #78

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra SR5 DC Black 5.7
    What really big mod purchases are you considering? You can't just leave us in the dark like that.

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  2. Apr 10, 2019 at 9:37 PM
    VTYOTA

VTYOTA I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    2014 SS CM TRD
    I couldn’t wait so I installed the 2019 TRD Pro LED headlights with the @iHacker harness in the dark! The iHacker harness is as everyone says - TOP NOTCH. Seriously, don’t buy anyone elses headlight harness because you won’t find one that is better built.

C3197DE7-A55C-47E4-AE12-ABCA60A4E123.jpg
    A017BC15-FAC3-457A-A293-419D1CDF61C3.jpg

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  3. Apr 10, 2019 at 9:53 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Do the diy pop and lock, you'll save a lot of cash. Its super easy too

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:02 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Sliders and exhaust are 2 I'm in process of negotiating now. Everyday that goes by I get myself closer to pulling the trigger on 19 pro headlights too. That plus a whole bunch of other stuff.

Migraine and VTYOTA like this.
  5. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:06 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Yeah I've seen that, I desperately need it. Was hoping if I keep waiting someone will post for sale a new one cheap they never installed and got rid of truck. Something along those lines. I'm getting tired of waiting to to try n score a deal on the genuine pop n lock. Even that's not that expensive, I've seen o Amazon for 70 open box type. But yeah doing your suggestion is something else I've considered too. Just trying to not build up my collection of parts and trying to actually get stuff in and on I got laying around. So many ideas and wants, so little time.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:11 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah no dresses here lol. The only dress that ever gets in my truck is the one on the passenger side and luckily for my ol lady, she got the handle to grab there. This is another mod I've been holding off on. Being over 6 foot tall and having around a 3 inch lift with massive nubs on big tires, I dont need if, but it couldn't hurt either. There are times i wish i had, especially this past 2 weeks when I blew my back out.

I'm really doing my best to prioritize, but like always, I'm a lunatic and just cant help myself from always hitting the buy button. Figure buy it and find a way to pay for it later when the monthly bill comes in. Yeah I'm a real asshole and need to find a way to chill lol.

aperezsh and Migraine like this.
  7. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah so u get it. Sounds like I'm preaching to the choir lol. Heres some bad advice for ya. The items u mention I see for sale on the many forums I'm on. Between here, letgo, tundra classifieds on fb, ect I've seen the stuff u mentioned recently. So just in case u haven't already, sign up for those sites and you'll be surprised how quickly ur part collection will grow.

I mean I got like a whole corner of my garage stacked and packed tight of goodies lol. Guess I got more wants than time. Plus I gotta convince myself I'm not a millionaire and actually don't make a ton of money at my job right now lol. It's always I either find a secondhand steal or the 0% 6 month/1yr no interest deals get me all the time.

I mean I'm super happy with the way my truck is right now. I think most people would love to have what I got. But to me, for some f'd up reason I'm always looking and buying thinking trying to make it better. Least I know I'm not alone. So if I'm spending here's my attempt to get you all too. Just bought this on a whim around this time last night, half asleep lol.

Here u go guys n gals. PSA Warning, Group buy ending soon. Get em while u can. What sold me was it replaces that god awful cupholder that's useless to actually fit anything under the radio, plus u do lose any of your outlets doing this.

FB_IMG_1554960810207.jpg

FB_IMG_1554960830658.jpg

FB_IMG_1554960822929.jpg https://www.shop.tech12volts.com/product.sc?productId=573&categoryId=124

Don't say I never did anything for u all.

aperezsh, darkknight2014 and Migraine like this.
  8. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:43 PM
    easleycrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    19 pro headlights is on my list. Already have the ihacker harness.

9. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:49 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I haven't jumped yet bc for me it would be strictly an aesthetic improvement. I already have a kick ass light setup and can see more than perfectly fine with what I got already. I was hoping to see some come on the used market next year when more n more people buy pros and do retros. I know its wishful thinking, but I have already had a couple chances to buy that way n passed trying to prioritize my wants. Least I'm trying to act like a big boy, just don't always work out too good for me.

10. Apr 10, 2019 at 10:55 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    See this is exactly what I mean. Detailed image just sent me an email literally 2 seconds ago for a 48hr 20% off sale. Been eyeing this, heard it's probably the best drying agent/finisher after a cleaning money can buy right now. Might as well take advantage and add it to the cart lol

P&S Bead Maker Paint Protectant

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Add to Cart
    Quantity

11. Apr 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Leaving ambers on? I liked at first, but did amber delete

GAknight and JoshuaA like this.
  12. Apr 11, 2019 at 12:02 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Very true. Hey I've been called alot worse.

easleycrawler likes this.
  13. Apr 11, 2019 at 2:28 AM
    Boots

Boots New Member

Member:
    Houston Tx
    Vehicle:
    2018 black tundra
    Procomp 6in lift w 35's 30in grill light bar Bac bed cover Taco tunes sq1 sound system Tinted windows Custom Masonic grill.
    Scratched the drivers side of the truck w a tree lim sticking out. Didnt see it until it did the damage started and I had nowhere to go Will have to buff it out because hand waxing didnt work Pissed off I am.

easleycrawler likes this.
  14. Apr 11, 2019 at 2:42 AM
    easleycrawler

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    Here ya go.

71f72cc9174d041c623f95f5cf62e724.jpg

Boots[QUOTED] and Watt maker like this.
  15. Apr 11, 2019 at 4:06 AM
    VTYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    2014 SS CM TRD
    Yes sir! So far I like them on. I will always have the option to turn them off later. :thumbsup:

16. Apr 11, 2019 at 6:04 AM
    VTYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    2014 SS CM TRD
    Performed LED eye surgery. It was a success.

20190411_073833.jpg

17. Apr 11, 2019 at 7:09 AM
    916tundra

916tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Crewmax
    Installed Dasaita 10.2” Android HU a few days ago. Everything is working great.

4ED6818C-D390-48B4-BED2-4217BF53AC53.jpg

70AEB620-C7EE-4F11-8B45-2C6AE3C835C9.jpg

78EFF989-1DCE-48C9-96CF-D5EE63E93F20.jpg

What the!?, Spitfire, Ostrich and 6 others like this.
  18. Apr 11, 2019 at 7:14 AM
    Deafmate

Deafmate The Deaf Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Houston. TX.
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement SR5 4x4 Crewmax
    UnderCover Flex bedcover NSV Nightrider Lightbar
    I like this a lot. Is this the exact one? and also did you have to get any other parts to make it fit right?
    https://www.amazon.com/dasaita-Adjustable-Headunit-Touchscreen-Navigation/dp/B07JGLV5ZS

19. Apr 11, 2019 at 7:20 AM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
    Looks like a great launch pad for phones.

Major likes this.
  20. Apr 11, 2019 at 7:27 AM
    916tundra

916tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Crewmax
  21. Apr 11, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    Ynot_tonY

Ynot_tonY Merciful

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    Baby mods doo doo doo doo doo doo
    Audio/Lift/Tires
    Is that just a headlight swap or did you do anything to the DRL's? They look different.

22. Apr 11, 2019 at 8:33 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    No it's magnetic

23. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:13 AM
    VTYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    2014 SS CM TRD
    Direct swap for the 2019 TRD Pro LED headlights with the @iHacker harness (Auto Dimming Version). Also, kept the amber DRL.

iHacker likes this.
  24. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:23 AM
    Makoy339

Makoy339 Simplicity = Reliability !!!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Super White TRD
    TRD parts
  25. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:27 AM
    VTYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Howard
    'Merica
    Vehicle:
    2014 SS CM TRD
    Thanks! I'll have to take a look into those bulbs. My understanding is that the turn signals are hard to see if you have the harness with the "Always-On" LED DRLs. That's mainly why I went with the dimming version. I'll have to take a look tonight.

EDIT: The stock ones are definitely bright enough with the DRLs dimmed. I’ll wait till these burn out and replace them with LEDs.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  26. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:29 AM
    Blkdmax

Blkdmax New Member

Member:
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement CrewMax 4x4
    Washed it for the first time, detailed the inside and got the bilstein 6112s installed.

20190411_085710.jpg

D3VA, Okietundra, Omohundro and 10 others like this.
  27. Apr 11, 2019 at 9:51 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    9D487BBD-C914-4756-81A3-30837FF72EC9.jpg
    (I’m just jealous I can’t wash mine today)

28. Apr 11, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    Boots

Boots New Member

Member:
    Houston Tx
    Vehicle:
    2018 black tundra
    Procomp 6in lift w 35's 30in grill light bar Bac bed cover Taco tunes sq1 sound system Tinted windows Custom Masonic grill.
    Thank you sir. Lol good one.

easleycrawler[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. Apr 11, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    vanthesupreme

vanthesupreme I'm Batman

Member:
    OKlahoma
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra
    Did you get the 1 or 2 din model?

30. Apr 11, 2019 at 2:12 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73