1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Secondary Air System / SAIS Replacement Info and Instructions

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by wandering_boy, Jun 5, 2021.

1. Jul 5, 2022 at 1:40 PM
    shifty`

shifty` Push the envelope. Watch it bend.

Member:
    ATL
    Vehicle:
    '06 AC Limited 4WD + LSD & TOW PKG
    If I understand correctly, most or all of these kits simulate a healthy system, sending the "expected" inputs to the ECU. If your inspection is purely computer-based like it is here in GA, without any type of visual/tamper detection as part of the inspection, it should be invisible.

It varies from state to state whether or not you'll have a more in-depth inspection. And there are varying levels of SAIS bypass kits ranging from "really damn obvious" to "extremely easy to conceal".

Like, the 1st generation of the Hewitt kit, to me, is really easy on the install, but a trained inspector could probably find it if they knew what to look for. The 2nd Generation of the Hewitt kit is far more concealed, but requires popping out your dashboard and soldering onto 3 wires plugging into the ECU.

Ultimately, YMMV. I think it depends on your level of comfort and the severity of your inspection. There's at least one, maybe two guys from CA on here who've installed the bypass kit and made it through the CA inspection process just fine.

2. Jul 8, 2022 at 4:16 PM
    2006Tundra

2006Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    Long Beach, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 Double Cab SR5 Toyota Tundra
    FrenchToasty likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top