1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Resonator Placement?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Squire343, Dec 27, 2023.

1. Dec 27, 2023 at 6:02 PM
    Squire343

Squire343 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Here's my situation. I have a 2005 Tundra with a Flowmaster muffler installed (Pictures included). I got an MBRP catback system for Christmas because I love the sound of it. I want to install the resonator to get that sound, but I can't just clamp the whole system in because of the aftermarket muffler that's already installed.
    So what do I do? Where do I place the resonator? Can I place just the resonator in between the cats and the muffler? In the reference video, the resonator seems to come after the stock muffler. Is that normal?

I'm just very confused and I feel in over my head since I don't know much about exhaust systems.

Reference video for installation on stock truck:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1momgSQ1kMw&t=389s

Catback system I have (the one I want to install):https://www.amazon.com/MBRP-S5330AL...7-4691--8-1---&vehicleName=2005+Toyota+Tundra

IMG_6061.jpg

2. Dec 27, 2023 at 6:05 PM
    455h0le_dachshund

455h0le_dachshund The older I get, I realize I'll never grow up.

Member:
    First Name:
    Dog
    TX...big surprise
    Vehicle:
    Dragstrip Rocketship
    :sawzall::welder:
    Might wanna take it to an exhaust shop.

Looks like the new exhaust kit is just a muffler and a tail pipe. Probably need to cut the current muffler out and weld in the new one.

The Black Mamba likes this.
  3. Dec 27, 2023 at 7:36 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    @dirtydeeds can tell you as he is our exhaust go-to guy. Give him a call. I guarantee that you will learn some things.

The Black Mamba likes this.
  4. Dec 27, 2023 at 11:23 PM
    NickB_01TRD

NickB_01TRD You don't need less cars, just more driveway.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    KY
    Vehicle:
    01 Tundra V8 4X4 AC SR5 TRD
    See attached image. If you're never going to use any of the old again I'd say cut it off at the red line. Hold your new section in place and see where the end (of the inlet side of new) of it goes while the exit is lined up where you want it, then cut where necessary, I'd assume somewhere around the blue line, then just use an exhaust clamp to hold it on or weld if it's an option. Make sure you check tube sizing with calipers or similar to make sure that long straight aftermarket section (that's already on the truck) is the proper diameter to fit the new aftermarket section you want to install.
    IMG_6061.jpg

455h0le_dachshund likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top