1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Replacing Rear window seal

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by ffrailey, Dec 15, 2023.

1. Dec 15, 2023 at 8:57 PM
    ffrailey

ffrailey [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello! So the rubber trim on windows and rear window have either completely come off or are barely hanging on. Where do you get these replaced?

2. Dec 16, 2023 at 10:10 AM
    Dr_Al

Dr_Al New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    I had to replace the rear window on my 1st gen Tundra and the rubber molding was a part of the glass. It had screws in the rubber at each corner that went through the steel cab. Nuts on the inside held the window in place while the urethane dried. I tried to get a used window from a junkyard but they cut through the screws. Not sure if Toyota still does it this way. Might want to call an auto glass place and see what they say.

3. Dec 25, 2023 at 3:10 PM
    Nitecrawler

Nitecrawler Eat Life

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Beaufort, NC
    Are you describing the bottom of the glass 'wiper' rubber on the outside of the door window frame? I just did these on my 2012. Do NOT get any aftermarket items. They sucked and broke during installation. The OEM fits perfectly. you can find a couple of videos on taking out the old and replacing. Have to emphasize, press down HARD on the new one to seat it. It grabs a barely visible ledge in the door skin. You'll hear it snap. Get the right numbers, the Double Cab and Max Cab are two different sizes.
    upload_2023-12-25_18-6-28.png

YotaFan05 likes this.
  4. Jul 8, 2024 at 2:24 PM
    sskeezers

sskeezers New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Vehicle:
    Toyota tundra 2004
    Sr5
    So DR_AL where did you put the urathane or the glue per say on exactly on the window with the seal so it’d install correctly and not leak in in the process of handling my 2004 sr5 back window and made the mistake of removing the seal not knowing it’d be easier to just buy each piece of glass itself

Products Discussed in

To Top