1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Customizable features by dealer

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by PGW85706, Feb 11, 2024.

1. Feb 11, 2024 at 8:45 AM
    PGW85706

PGW85706 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    '24 1794 HV 6.5' MGM w/ AVS-LL, HUD, RB
    In anticipation to receive my new 1794 hybrid next month, I have developed a list of the customizable features I will request the dealer to adjust as part of the truck's delivery. The list below are the features I am considering that can be adjusted only by the dealer. There are other features that I will adjust and can do so from the big screen or the little screen in the dash. I relied on the tables in the back section of the owner's manual to make this list. Would welcome any checks of my list or suggestions for other features I need to consider. I know some may appear trivial, but trying to take advantage of the tech that is available. Thanks.

upload_2024-2-11_11-41-59.png

2. Feb 11, 2024 at 11:39 AM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794
    upload_2024-2-11_11-34-15.png
    1. Why bother unlock with mechanical key? I never take out my fob from my pocket, it works great.
    2. Never heard of this, what's the reasoning?
    3. Same as 2
    4. If you accidentally press tailgate button on your remote it may pop open, and if you park near the wall it'll damage your tailgate. Many had this issue happen. I would disable this feature all together.
    No comments on few points, don't know what it's for

Change signal to 5 blinks, I had same adjusted, good idea.

AC mode with auto - why mess with this? Auto mode is supposed to work well and figure out what you need automatically. What's the reasoning here?

Rear seat belt - it's a liability for them, I doubt they'll turn it off for you

To sum it up, you got a very very extensive list. Where did you find out about this? I never heard about many of these options, and I've been following this forum for the past two years.

Mattedfred likes this.
  3. Feb 11, 2024 at 1:55 PM
    PGW85706

PGW85706 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    First, thanks for taking the time to study the list. Your feedback is very helpful and appreciated.
    Second, the list of customizable features exist in Chapter 8 (see attached) of the 2024 Tundra Hybrid owners manual (downloaded from Toyota.com). It shows those features available to adjusted by the owner and those features that can only be modified by the dealer. I assume a similar list exists in the manuals for the other model years.
    You provided great comments, and I'd like to try to answer some of them.
    1. Mechanical key - The thought here is that it could be some delay to get the 2nd fob and in the event that the wife or son have the fob, I want to have the mechanical key simulate the fob.
    2. The manual shows 1.5s or 2s for the other locks to respond. I prefer all locks open simultaneously, immediately.
    3. For door lock, the default is 2. Not real sure about what this is, but IMO why should it be limited.
    4. Great feedback on the tailgate operation. I am going to study this further.
    5. AC mode in auto. I can foresee occasions where I may not want the AC to operate even if conditions suggest it should. Probably more of a control freak thing.
    6. Rear seat belt....The biggest payload I expect in my Tundra is 3 other senior guys, golf clubs, luggage, and beer coolers. We all use seat belts. I prefer not to hear dinging or chiming when we first pull away. We are all buckled in before leaving the parking lot. Not aware of any laws that require the chime for the rear seat otherwise why is the feature customizable.
    Again, thanks for your help. Patrick

Attached Files:

4. Feb 11, 2024 at 2:04 PM
    Kap1

Kap1 New Member

Member:
    San Francisco, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 1794

Hi, ok here are my thoughts:

1. Ok, so you're saying if you don't have a fob handy, you will make a copy of the key? And use that to open the doors if needed? But you still can't drive without the fob, right? So what's the point? You can use Toyota app to open doors as long as truck has mobile data.

2. Not sure about this one. As soon as I grab handle, my doors open instantly. I setup driver side handle only open driver door, passenger side handle open all doors. Maybe mine is already changed...idk

3. Sorry, idk, not sure if you're looking too much into these options and over thinking it. :) I thought I was picky... are you engineer by trade?

4. AC mode - you can use regular Mode button to blow air from wherever and set temperature, and choose ac off. Don't see reason to mess with auto mode

5. Usually dealer would adjust these settings later on as well, mine did without charge, so others. Don't really need to over think some of these very involved uncommon settings. You can try it first as is

Good luck!

5. Feb 12, 2024 at 4:32 AM
    PGW85706

PGW85706 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    With these inputs, I made some adjustments to the features especially on the key and tailgate. I have discussed some of these changes with the salesman and they have been agreeable to include with the delivery checkout. We'll see how it goes as delivery gets closer. Thanks again for the feedback and suggestions.

6. Feb 12, 2024 at 5:58 AM
    nodak67

nodak67 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Vehicle:
    23 Tundra Platinum Blueprint CM 4x4 5.5ft Non HV
    there is a thread in here that shows all the screens you can change in techstream.

ryanwgregg likes this.
  7. Feb 12, 2024 at 6:00 AM
    PGW85706

PGW85706 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Patrick
    Central VA
    Vehicle:
    ryanwgregg likes this.

Products Discussed in