1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yet another exhaust thread

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by multimoon, Oct 6, 2019.

1. Oct 6, 2019 at 3:17 PM
    multimoon

multimoon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garret
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray Limited-Pro
    So before I start, let me give some background since I just joined this board. I've had tundras for a couple years now, adored them. Had a 2004 DC Limited I drove the hell out of, last year I was promoted into management so earlier this year I had enough money saved up where I treated myself and bought a 2015 Limited Crewmax for myself in gray, gorgeous truck. Been slowly creating a limited-pro, doing things like swapping the grill, etc. I've been somewhat active in the tundra community, I'm actually the guy who mods the tundra subreddit on reddit.

Now I'm on to exhaust. I've been looking around the last two months or so watching different videos to hear the different sounds of exhaust, my favorite so far was the corsa sport, I love that deep rumble. I'm not looking for anything window-shaking, don't want to piss off the neighbors kids when I come home at night. I want a good deep presence, along with something that makes me smile if I stomp the pedal leaving a light, with no drone on the highway. Ideally I want duals coming out behind the mudflaps, but since I have a limited, the stock exhaust is extremely quiet and is only a single tailpipe. I'm worried about how compatible all these mufflers are with the 5.7, backpressure and all that.

I bought a tundra because the reliability is important to me, I plan on keeping this truck for a good long time, so I was thinking of going with a really well known reputable company like Flowmaster, but then reading around here I see everyone recommending dirtydeeds and a guy named Keith, and how there's a noticeable difference in low end torque so now I'm back to the drawing board and considering my options.

Now, I'm a car guy and I love old muscle cars and I love trucks, but I'm by no means a mechanic, I know enough to change my own oil and do basic things, so I'm looking for everyone's advice and what they run on their trucks.

Edit: I'd like to add that my father is the GM of a car dealership and has a lot of connections from it, so I can get a custom exhaust fabbed at a exhaust shop for a good price, I just need to supply the muffler, if that's the route I decide to go.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
    GODZILLA and Black Wolf like this.
  2. Oct 6, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Welcome from NY.

3. Oct 6, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    Pinski

Pinski New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 TRD Crew
    Volant (Corsa) cat back,tint
    Had Corsa on my last two corvettes and can’t say enough about them. I went Corsa with my Tundra for the same reason. I love the Corsa on my Tundra! No drone at all, quiet when you want it, roars when you want it and pops and gurgles just like the ones on my vette! Did not notice any power loss (or gain) had it installed in 20 minutes and I’m not a mechanic.

save yourself some money and get the Volant exhaust. Made by Corsa, comes in Corsa packaging along with a Corsa sticker.....

4. Oct 9, 2019 at 9:36 AM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    Check out DirtyDeedsIndustries.com

we build exhaust specifically for tundras with literally hundreds of options. Built by enthusiasts whom ‘hot rod’ tundras for fun.
    760-877-4234

5. Oct 9, 2019 at 9:59 AM
    andy9743

andy9743 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    nw ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 tundra cm 4x4 trd sc, +2 pulley, 4.88s, 37's, other things
    in my honest opinion you will find no human better then keith to do business with. @dirtydeeds is a stand up guy and tundra enthusiast. he assisted me with gearing purchase, exhaust purchase and supercharger info. fantastic asset to the community and forum. buy from keith...better prices then i could find on my gears anywhere else also. you just missed a KILLER group buy that he ran for us.

6. Oct 9, 2019 at 11:03 AM
    multimoon

multimoon [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Garret
    Vehicle:
    2015 Magnetic Gray Limited-Pro
    I was looking at the 8/6 systems just now, but not quite as deep as I wanted, or as loud. I'm definitely interested, if I say that the deep rumble of the Corsa sport is something I very much like the sound of, do you have any suggestions? This is my favorite sound I've found so far. https://youtu.be/-bJsgiMw9to

I might have some time later tonight, what time do you like to take calls?

West Texas Tundra likes this.
  7. Oct 9, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    The videos don’t do justice. Both the 6” and 8” are a lot deeper sounding in real life. Even the Corsa sounds raspy in some videos and it’s really not raspy.

that said, our 8” system is more like Corsa than our 6” system. It’s more subtle. But when you step on the gas it comes alive.

my call schedule varies. I’m always multi tasking. Just call at your convenience and I’ll get back if I don’t initially answer. Anytime after 9am pacific.

Rex Kramer likes this.
  8. Oct 9, 2019 at 11:19 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.
    Welcome from TX!

Many like their TRD exhaust. Maybe with your father's connection you can get a good deal.

9. Oct 9, 2019 at 12:08 PM
    colossalcrewmax

colossalcrewmax New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra crewmax
    S&B intake , nfab side steps , limo tint 5% and 35% front window , custom side exit exhaust
  10. Oct 9, 2019 at 6:04 PM
    andy9743

andy9743 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    andrew
    nw ohio
    Vehicle:
    08 tundra cm 4x4 trd sc, +2 pulley, 4.88s, 37's, other things
    Keith offers a sound guarantee I believe. Dont like it exchange it for another in his line up..

11. Oct 11, 2019 at 8:18 AM
    dirtydeeds

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    This is true^

12. Oct 13, 2019 at 3:48 PM
    SteyrM40A1

SteyrM40A1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    Vehicle:
    2018 Toyota Tundra Crew Max SR5 TRD Sport, Magnetic Grey
    Air flow accelerator mod, charcoal filter delete. LED interior lights.
    I can attest to the integrity of Keith at Dirty Deeds. he actually talked me into spending less money with him. Id suggest the 10 inch system, at normal driving its almost as quiet as stock, but sounds freakin amazing when you get on it. At the very least give Keith a call and talk to him before you pull the trigger!!

Products Discussed in

To Top