1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Yeah, really stupid question about if there is supposed to be a bolt in this hole...

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by dkmdkm, Jul 1, 2021.

1. Jul 1, 2021 at 7:58 PM
    dkmdkm

dkmdkm [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am about as mechanically inclined as a tree stump. I tried looking a bit online, but can't seem to find the answer. I had the hood up today checking my oil, and I noticed something that I've never noticed before. I saw a hole that looked like it may or may not be threaded. Is this supposed to be open like this? Is there supposed to some sort of bolt/connection in there? Again, I'm embarrassed to ask, but I was always told there are no stupid questions, so here I am!

IMG_1398.jpg

2. Jul 1, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    Notarobot

Notarobot Jagged lines!

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 CM
    It may be a manufacturing hole. Mine is empty too...

20210701_232041.jpg

TheBeast likes this.
  3. Jul 1, 2021 at 8:31 PM
    TILLY

TILLY Gently Used Member

Member:
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    2019 MGM TRD Sport D/C

Nothing to be embarrassed about, that's what this forum is all about. What do you mean by open? Hard to tell by your pic.

4. Jul 2, 2021 at 2:57 AM
    Brian3UR

Brian3UR New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Vehicle:
    2013 Silver Sky DC 4x4
    Drop in K/N filter with TRD airflow accelerator BullyDog GT Tuner 2.5" Suspension leveling kit TRD rear sway bar Line-X bedliner Charcoal Filter (in air box) delete Deleted screen in throttle body gasket Coolant to throttle body bypass LED lighting inside bed and under hood Center console from 2007 Tundra with LED light for cup holder Small amplifier and subwoofer to enhance factory radio BAMuffler TRD Dual Replacement system (on order) LED headlights, fog lights, brake, tail and interior lights Side mirror glass with turn signal indicators (from Platinum model)
    This engine is used in different applications (it goes in the Land Cruiser and Sequoia also) and this is a hole that is not used in your application.

Products Discussed in

To Top