1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

WTT: Black tonneau cover for a Bakflip cover

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundra Marketplace (2000-2006)' started by Tundra1025, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Jun 17, 2014 at 10:34 AM
    Tundra1025

Tundra1025 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    05 Black SR5 Sport
    Nerf Bars, Paint Match Black Tonneau Cover, K&N Cold Air Intake, Cat Back Dual Exhaust
    Want to trade a black Tonneau Cover for a back flip bed cover! Should be similar in value Tonneau may be a little higher, but willing to take small loss in difference of value for what I want. Tonneau fits stepside 05 Tundra, haven't been around long enough to know what that crosses to. I like the topper, it keeps everything bone dry. No cracks no leaks. Pistons in good shape, I need a cover I can fold up on command and put my four wheeler in there, or that couch my Lady finds and has to have today. But I like the ability to lock it all back up and keep my rod and reels dry, and secure! Let me know what you know! Thanks

Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
  2. Jun 17, 2014 at 10:35 AM
    Sean266

Sean266 #ThinBlueLine Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    OP: please review the B|S|T regs and post up pix

3. Jun 17, 2014 at 10:50 AM
    Tundra1025

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    05 Black SR5 Sport
    Nerf Bars, Paint Match Black Tonneau Cover, K&N Cold Air Intake, Cat Back Dual Exhaust
  4. Jun 17, 2014 at 12:34 PM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    Finding anything for the stepside bed is a PITA.... I know i have a 03 stepside took me 4 months to find a bedrug for it.....:eek:

As far and getting a roll up like you want you might be out of luck... Step sides are rare and aftermarket is very limited to NONE...

The bed is different so i dont think anything can cross over to it.... You might want to check into the ford stepside bed covers and get measurements toyota copied the ford f150 on our 1st gens alot.. just a idea...

Btw good looking truck..

5. Jun 17, 2014 at 4:08 PM
    Tundra1025

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Vehicle:
    05 Black SR5 Sport
    Thanks for the info Mike. I was talking to one of my buddies, and his answer was for me to build myself one. I tend to get that way if i cannot easily find something to buy, or the price is astronomical. So after work today i plan on working up some drawings for a custom made custom fit bed topper that will be flat. See the biggest two issues i have is the giant hump in the rear view mirror, and the fact that i will have to disassemble it to put anything tall in it. I will post a thread with materials and plans, and then another on the build. Thanks. If it works out like I think it will, the one i have will be for sale, and i may have to increase my asking price if they are rare or hard to get ;).

6. Jun 17, 2014 at 5:26 PM
    Mike

Mike Tread lightly.

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    south carolina
    Vehicle:
    2003 tundra sr5 4x4 stepside....
    yep bank account is running low from it..
    That looks like a ARE topper.. same as mine.....

I would do a tonneau cover but i dont really haul anything really huge rare i use the bed anymore.. If you do anything post it or let me know.. might be next years project.. My taco is up next for some more mods...

To Top