1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wireless Communication Problems

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by velday, Aug 15, 2019.

1. Aug 15, 2019 at 9:17 AM
    velday

velday [OP] New Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    Tundra TRD 5.7L Double Cab
    Alright, so I have a 2007 Tundra 5.7L double cab (that is a recent purchase).

Couple things are weird about it though. My fob is malfunctioning and like any reasonable person I purchased a used fob that is the same frequency and model number. For some reason the truck wont go into programming mode (both with the OBD & the step-by-step manual way). I had a locksmith stop by and program it, and according to him the truck accepts the new commands but doesn't acknowledge with a beep or locking of the doors (heck the locksmith even used a brand new toyota key fob and that didn't worth either).

The second thing is the TPMS wont hook up to the truck either. I have tried 4 different sets of pressure sensors (some of various brands) but for whatever reason the pressure sensors wont communicate with the truck.

Now i don't want to be grasping at straws, but has anyone had an issue with the communication between the truck and various wireless components? I'm not sure if the truck is having an issue receiving and relaying what is getting sent to it. Or if a component exists that does anything remotely close to that function.

2. Aug 15, 2019 at 10:39 AM
    rebmo

rebmo 2020 Crewmax Limited 4wd Silver/Black

Member:
    Rural SE Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    2020 CM LImited 5.7L V8 4WD
    The ID#s for each tpms sensor need to be entered manually with Techstream on my 2010. The system does not recognize them unless the 4 sensor #s are entered.

Products Discussed in

To Top