1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Windshield scratches from the wipers

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by sunnysideTRD, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Feb 19, 2021 at 2:14 PM
    sunnysideTRD

sunnysideTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    Standard 2019 TRD Pro but will be a project car and add as I go
    First, my fellow Texans who went through the crazy week, I hope everyone is safe. So, after the crazy snow storm we've had I decide to start the truck and remove any remaining snow off the truck. As I cleared the melted snow that is partially ice the wipers starts going, carrying some of the ice and snow with it. I must have left my wipers on since I last drove it. After turning it off, i could see these markings on my windshield and yep, they were scratches. a couple are deep enough to annoy me and a few just fine scratches. My question is, has anyone been successful removing these scratches or should I wait for the old pebble on the freeway hitting the windshield and get it replaced afterwards.

2. Feb 19, 2021 at 2:22 PM
    Oey12

Oey12 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    New York
    Vehicle:
    2020 SR5 TRD OFFROAD
    Coach Builder 1 inch lift strut spacers Coach Builder 1 inch shackles TRD Sway Bar Diode Dynamics SS
    I’ve been driving the northeast for the that last 24 years and I never had “ice or snow” scratch the windshield. Even To the point where the wipers became ice blocks. Maybe there was some gravel or some other contaminant stuck to the wiper? I would not worry about changing it out though. All my windshields have some sort of scratches, chips, and cracks.

T500 likes this.
  3. Feb 19, 2021 at 3:15 PM
    sunnysideTRD

sunnysideTRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro Voodoo Blue
    Standard 2019 TRD Pro but will be a project car and add as I go
    Yes you are correct on that. It seems all the dirt that sat under the snow and froze along with the wiper created the perfect combination to scratch the glass. When I started clearing out the snow, it had already melted halfway off the windshield. I could see a layer of dirt that dried up above the snow. As I was removing the snow, I guess I removed enough for the wiper to start moving and caught all that dirt under the ice and snow thereby creating the scratches.

Oey12[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top