1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Windows rolling down on it's own??

Discussion in 'Electrical' started by Js1732, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Nov 30, 2021 at 9:18 PM
    Js1732

Js1732 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Just changed the door actuator on my 2015 1794. When I get out after driving and arm the truck with the key fob, the front windows and sunroof open on it's own. It only happens on occasion, but working nights and coming back to find my truck wide open in a parking lot is not fun. I have done a complete battery disconnect to try and "reset the computer" but nothing works. I assume it is the replaced actuator, but hopefully someone else has another fix. Oh please tundra forum don't let your boy down. BTW Happy Holidays to all.

2. Nov 30, 2021 at 11:12 PM
    NickB_01TRD

NickB_01TRD You don't need less cars, just more driveway.

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    KY
    Vehicle:
    01 Tundra V8 4X4 AC SR5 TRD
    I assume you are talking about the door lock actuator/latch assembly. If you put your key in the door handle key slot and turn to the unlock position and hold this will roll down your windows and open the sunroof. If you turn to lock position and hold this will close the windows and sunroof. It sounds like somehow that key switch isn't right and is activating this "feature". Could the rod going from the key hole in the outside handle to the actual latch assembly be not put together properly and thus not rotated right?

My experience on Toyota actuators is a 14 Camry and 08 Lexus ES. I believe tundra should be similar.

3. Dec 1, 2021 at 12:01 AM
    Js1732

Js1732 [OP] New Member

Member:
    So turning the key to the unlock or lock doesn't roll down the windows at all. I will try and take this apart again and look, but the rod and reassembly was pretty straight forward. If not, I just putting back the old actuator/latch assembly and back to square 1. Thanks for the assist.

Products Discussed in

To Top