1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Will a ReTrax Pro Mx leak...?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by flightnursepaul, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:42 AM
    flightnursepaul

flightnursepaul [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CM Pro Army Green
    Just got back into a Tundra Crewmax , and I want a bed cover that's metal and is very water resistant. I understand nothing is waterproof, but before I drop big buck on this....
    Anyone have experience? Does it leak bad? If it does, where ? Anything to help? Easy to install yourself...?

THANKS IN ADVANCE !!

2020 Tundra TRD Pro Crewmax
    Army Green

2. Aug 27, 2020 at 8:56 AM
    TheBlackPearl

TheBlackPearl Newish member

Member:
    La Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    2020 Black TSS Crewmax 4x4
    I have the RetraxPro mx. Had a little trouble putting it together, probably due to my eyes and the sweat, but had trouble getting the holes to line up on one side. Still, pretty easy to assemble and install, watch a couple videos like I did. Take your time and have someone help you put it on. It does leak, but very little...when aligned properly, it should leak very little. I’m not sure if there are any out there that don’t leak a little except maybe for the cap types. I will say, I’ve had it for a couple months now and I’m pretty happy with it. Plus, it looks awesome.

3. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:01 AM
    TheBlackPearl

Member:
    La Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
  4. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:42 AM
    Green Thunder

Green Thunder Smooth in the Cruise

Member:
    Washington
    Vehicle:
    2020 Burnt Green TRD Pro
    Food crumbs and dog fur
    I had one on my F-150 and loved it, but skipped it on the Tundra b/c the box that the cover rolls into is so large. Took up more space than I wanted to give up. Not sure how well the design fits the Tundra bed, but I had leaks at the tail gate and front end. Nothing major, but it's not very water tight. I wouldn't leave anything in the bed that might be damaged from water.

5. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:48 AM
    Rolling Biome

Rolling Biome New Member

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra CM Limited TRD Off Road
    I had a RetraxPro my Tundra for a while. They can leak from the sides due to the texture on the plastic bed rail caps and the seal on the underside of the cover not fully conforming. The lock is also a bit of a let down as it's just a pin that pushes into the flat metal underside of the guide rails and it doesn't positively engage in a locking feature. Overall I liked the look and feel but I think it's too pricey for what you get.

If you do get it, don't pay full price. You can usually get about 20% off by chatting with sales reps at the big online stores. If they don't give you a discount right away just wait and they'll send it in a few days

TheBlackPearl likes this.
  6. Aug 27, 2020 at 9:55 AM
    TheBlackPearl

Member:
    La Gulf Coast
    Vehicle:
    I agree, I caught a sale and saved a couple hundred bucks, still think they are a bit over priced, but love the form and look.

Rolling Biome[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top