1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why is Toyota Canada so limiting with options and features on 3rd gen :(

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Zarex, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Apr 4, 2022 at 7:14 AM
    Zarex

Zarex [OP] New Member

Member:
    Been looking forward to the new Tundra for a long time and after visiting a local dealership I just wanted to ask who the hell at Toyota Canada came up with the restrictions for options on the new Tundra especially around the hybrid models. I was patiently waiting for the hybrid to be released cause why not wait for it if it’s better fuel mileage and what’s an extra 6 months or so seeing how long it’s been since they made a next gen Tundra “currently have a 2008 SR5”.

I was primarily looking for either a Limited or Platinum long box “Never liked the look of the crew max cab with 5.5ft box and I also have a snowmachine I haul in the back of my current truck so I kind of needed a 6.5ft box as we don’t have a trailer atm” and don’t like the idea of 3+ ft of it hanging off the back of the tailgate if I go on trips.

Some of the features that are not available on the non-hybrid Platinum vs the Hybrid platinum defy common sense after a visit to the dealer. Looking at Toyota Canada’s website and comparing the models.

- Power fuel lid release “tied to the hybrid system how? also available on the Limited hybrid”

- Adaptive suspension and load leveling air suspension “Top tier model btw but not available on the Capstone LUL”

- 5 drive mode select vs non hybrid 3 modes “I can kind of understand at least removing Sport+ cause of hybrid power and comfort due to lack of air suspension”

- Illuminated entry “meh but also still a top tier model package”

- Sequential tail lights “again tied to hybrid system or not available for top tier model why?

- Tailgate release bump switch “Why is it a Hybrid only to be able to open the tailgate with the key fob?”

- Power running boards “Platinum btw but somehow a hybrid only option”

- 5 link suspension “Probably tied to the air suspension but still no excuse not to be available as an option on a non-hybrid”

- 122L fuel tank “from what I’ve found this is wrong on Toyota’s website but still listed as not available when comparing the 2 models”

- Idk if it’s just me but does the Platinum only come with the big towing mirrors and not the colour matching ones “looks like it list’s the extending/towing mirrors for the platinum’s but the reg power folding mirrors for the Limited”

If the Limited has certain features/ options I would have considered it but not being able to have stuff like the HUD “have one on my Camaro and love it”, leather interior, power folding mirrors “Garage doors are a bit tight with my 08 and being able to fold them in for backing in would be a nice QOL”, better headlights, but the thing I don’t like the most with the limited is the chrome accents and grill.

2. Apr 4, 2022 at 7:55 AM
    belanger9

belanger9 New Member

Member:
    Edmonton, AB
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road Inferno
    A bunch
    Until you can see them in person at the dealers take the Toyota website with a grain of salt. Upon initial release members here found a dozen or so mistakes on both Toyota USA and Canada websites. Things like the 5 link suspension (standard on all models, only difference between SR and Platinum is available air suspension) and the mirrors show there are errors.

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  3. Apr 4, 2022 at 8:18 AM
    Zarex

Zarex [OP] New Member

Member:
    Can't even trust my local dealership, Visited them on the weekend and the sales rep I had flat out told me when I asked about the 6.5ft platinum that Toyota has never made a 6.5ft box crew max and I've worked here for 22 years when I said it was in the press release and all over youtube I was also parked next to a brand new 22 1794 that had the 6.5ft box in their lot

Products Discussed in

To Top