1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Why do people litter so much???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Terndrerrr, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Apr 2, 2022 at 10:29 PM
    Terndrerrr

Terndrerrr [OP] guzzling dealer repellent

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    Dual 5.7s
    TRD Fox, RAS, 285/75 DTs, dual battery, SS3 Pro
    It is not uncommon in Nashville to see people dropping a large fast food bag out of their car at an intersection and just driving away. Tonight, I witnessed something especially atrocious on my way to pick up dinner for my neighbor who just had knee surgery. I like to take less-traveled roads where I can, and on a side street, I saw a guy with all four doors of his car open on the side of the road, and he was just scooping trash out of the car onto the ground. It’s like he let an entire month’s worth of fast food trash and Gatorade bottles accumulate until his car was full, and then he just dumped it all on the ground on this side street where he thought no one would see. I should have taken a picture of his license plate, but I can’t imagine it doing any good at all. Absolutely boils my blood. What is with some people?!
    :mad: :censored::annoyed:

2. Apr 2, 2022 at 10:43 PM
    TundyMcTunra

TundyMcTunra Irrational people are not often convinced by facts

Member:
    Lost in the PNW
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tundra Limited Crew Max 4x4, 2018 Tacoma Inferno TRDORDCSB, 2019 Rav4 Lunar Rock, 1991 4Runner Crawler. Ivan Stewart Edition
    I hear you brother. I live in a rural area 8 miles from the nearest town and we get people dumping up here all the time. We also get people drinking and driving while out on a country drive that just toss their empties out the window. Pisses me the fu$k off. A lot of people just have zero respect

3. Apr 2, 2022 at 10:45 PM
    tundratoofun

tundratoofun Yall better rednekonize

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glendale
    Vehicle:
    Beast
    I call that job security
    :thumbsup:

Mr Badwrench and Taco-Spike like this.
  4. Apr 3, 2022 at 5:39 AM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Only trash litters. I was that trash a few times when I was younger but I grew up and started taking responsibility for my actions a few decades ago.

CassND, Hoff, TundyMcTunra and 7 others like this.
  5. Apr 3, 2022 at 6:06 AM
    Terndrerrr

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    Dual 5.7s
    When we moved into our house, we started getting empty Bud Light tall boys tossed in our yard at least weekly. They’d be in yards all over our neighborhood. It would make everyone so mad. Who was doing this?! My retired neighbor started sitting out on the porch watching everyone drive by all day. He even set up a security camera for days he couldn’t be out on the front porch. He was determined to catch the guy. We thought it was only a matter of time. Never did see a thing. It’s like the perp did it in the middle of the night. It stopped happening, which I was thankful for, but I really wanted to confront the jerk who was just driving around our neighborhood, chugging beers and tossing his empties in our yards.

Fast forward a year, and at a wedding, I met a guy who lives in the same general area as me. Somehow, we got to talking about weird neighbors, and it turns out that he actually caught the guy! He followed him around for a couple weeks, found out where he lives, and collected a giant trash bag full of those tall boy cans, and then dumped them all over the guy’s truck (I regret to inform you the jerk drives a Tacoma) and yard. The guy came out of his house and acted all tough for a minute, but then got real sheepish. It hasn’t happened since.

6. Apr 3, 2022 at 6:08 AM
    Jeff_1974

Jeff_1974 Cookeville, TN

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2010 supercharged rock warrior dc
    Supercharger Bama Exhaust Bully dog tune Bed extender Roll up Bed cover Bed carpet 18” Method wheels Falken wildpeak 285 75 18 P & P rock sliders Weather tech floor mats Sdhq pre runner bumper Warn 9.5 xp synthetic winch Icon 2.5” lift Iron cross rear bumper RCI al skids Trd brake pads Trd front sway bar Deaver u748 leaf springs Marathon seat covers
    Roadside trash & drivers tossing beer cans in yards is all too common in TN.

7. Apr 3, 2022 at 6:40 AM
    ShreveportTSS

ShreveportTSS Huh?

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2018 5.7 4x4 Crewmax TSS
    I pulled up behind a car leaving the neighborhood when the passenger threw out McDoo’s bags and the driver dumped the ashtray out the window. Gave video to local LEOs. $1000 fine for each. Seems this duo threw their morning breakfast trash out there every morning

8. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:18 AM
    Terndrerrr

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    Dual 5.7s
    Awesome! This truly warms my heart.

TundyMcTunra and YardBird like this.
  9. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:20 AM
    LarryDangerfield

LarryDangerfield Put me in coach! Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Northern Wisconsin
    Vehicle:
    Cement 2020 Trail Limo off-road Tacoma
    Tuxmat floor mats, Bilstein 6112s and 5160s
    People are selfish, short sighted, and unable to see the results of their actions.

10. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:21 AM
    YardBird

YardBird Native San Diegan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonesy
    Vehicle:
    2005 RCLB
    American Thunder Cat Back ~ Retrax Pro ~ Toyota Bed Mat ~ OEM Split Spoke Wheels
    [​IMG]

Neighbors close by had a streak of fresh dog poo on their sidewalk several times each week. The story even made the TV news.
    Turns out someone was jogging with their dog on a leash every morning ~ the jogger didn't bother stopping to allow the dog a good poo.
    He just kept running the whole time and the poo could be seen all up and down the sidewalk.
    I don't know if the individual was ever caught but the activity finally did subside. This is one of the goofier stories from my neighborhood.

11. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:23 AM
    Bprose

Bprose Old member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra CM TRD
    Here in VA as well. Gotta go pick up a few in the yard later actually.

TundyMcTunra and YardBird like this.
  12. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:54 AM
    Omohundro

Omohundro 2018 Not a Pro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jody
    McMinnville TN
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum
    Bak Revolver, BedRug, Undercover Swingcase, PopLock, Bilstein 5160(rear), Firestone RideRite, TRD rear sway bar, Coachbuilder +2 rear shackles, Andersen 5” aluminum adjustable hitch, TRD dual exhaust, VLEDS interior leds including the footwell kit, TundraTex FRAC mod, VLEDS LPR backup tag mount led, Husky X-Act mats, Color matched cup holder bezel (silver), Ceramic 20% tint all around, 50% Ceramic windshield, Color Matched door handles & mirror caps, The “Stubby” antenna, AMP Research steps, VLEDS 6”step lights, ToyTec/5100 Bilstein coil overs, 700lbs red ToyTec springs (2.75” lift), 20x9 +18 Method 306 custom painted and custom fit center caps, Gorilla spline lugs, Bridgestone Revo 3s 285/60R20, TRD skid plate, RaptorLiner “Red” tow hooks, 19 Pro black LED headlights, VLEDS Triton V6 turns, Rigid SAE D series fog lamps, 19 TRD hood scoop, 2019 TRD Pro grille, Coachbuilder bumper shims, X-Pel protect under mud guards, Opti Coat Ceramic, Opti Coat Sealed. And some snakes and sparklers, because they are my favorite!
    Yep, Tennessee is terrible for people tossing trash. We caught a man right down the road tossing his trash in my neighbors yard last year. He was prosecuted, received a $500 fine and several hours of community service. All on very clear video, said he didn’t “like” my neighbor because he’s state police.

13. Apr 3, 2022 at 7:57 AM
    Txexplorer23

Txexplorer23 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4x4
  14. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:04 AM
    tundratoofun

tundratoofun Yall better rednekonize

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Glendale
    Vehicle:
    Beast
    There is a flip side tho. I have been reported for littering and got a warning and a dumbass little trashbag in my mailbox. It was for "loose lawn debris" which is total bullshit!!!!
    Sorry I let some leaves hit the ground this fall Karen, Ill do better next time:mad:

15. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:06 AM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    I don't like it when ppl flick their cigarette butts out. They act like it's just a small thing but you can see hundreds of them if you just take a walk along a city street. It's definitely a sign of poor breeding.

16. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:07 AM
    Half Assed

Half Assed me ne frego

Member:
    Heartland Florida
    Vehicle:
    Reg Cab Gang
    I have to pick up litter in my yard every week before I pull the mower out. Beer cans, bottles, flaming cheetos bags, big gulps, and dead cock fighting chickens. The trash gets picked up twice a week here, it makes no sense to me at all and the punishment is not enough.

I have noticed that littering is a lot worse in TN and NC. I dont know why that is.

17. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:09 AM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    Trash is the Tennessee state bird. :anonymous:

What else y'all wanna know about my northern neighbor???

18. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:21 AM
    BlackSheep

BlackSheep caffeinated member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 Black DC 5.7L 4x4
    held together by duct tape and baling wire
    It happens regularly in Kansas City, especially at stop lights. The window goes down and out falls the trash. It always saddens and angers me to see. I want to yell at the people “aren’t there trash cans wherever you’re going???”

what really frustrates me is the the prevalence of that practice in an area that has a ton of local pride. You can’t go anywhere in the metro without seeing people wearing KC themed hats, t shirts, and carrying around bags with KC patches, stickers all over their water bottles, laptops, phones, and car windows. But then there are those who think the world is their trash receptacle.

19. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:27 AM
    mikesTundra77

mikesTundra77 BRAAAAP BRAAAP

Member:
    First Name:
    M_i_k_e
    earth, sol system
    Vehicle:
    BLOOD,SWEAT+BEERS
    4 " ready lift kit General grabbers 35" Rock warrior wheels 17" Leather Clazzio seat covers KN intake StartX remote starter HRS sequential tails Custom grille+badge ME-SO map lights+dome light Lots of CHROOOOME
    Because human beings are selfish single minded pieces of dogshit. That's why the whole planet is going to hell and that's why we are likely going to die in nuclear holocaust. Humans are filth and we don't deserve to enjoy this planet or this life. Also have a nice day

20. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:39 AM
    Johnsonman

Johnsonman New Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    Sequoia
    LED headlamps/fogs; interior footlamps.
    Right! Yes at public places, parks and mother nature in general everywhere you find her (not to mention your own home), we should "leave it cleaner than we found it."

It is interesting how some cities really scrub their streets down often and others mostly not.

Prime example is my town, Austin. How often does a street sweeper come by? Twice a year. Any extra staff going along to pick up trash? Not one. NYC, same uestions: Twice a week and crew of 3-4 enforcing parked cars and picking up residual trash. Love America and take your trash with you if their isn't a can, Please.

YardBird likes this.
  21. Apr 3, 2022 at 8:47 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I rented shop space for 17yrs. Loved the old man I rented from, he lived right next door and we would chat almost everyday. One of my favorite sayings from him : The weight of a man is best measured by his actions when no one is watching. Truly words to live by.

22. Apr 3, 2022 at 9:11 AM
    Brown747

Brown747 New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Crew Max LTD
    Our once beautiful city of Seattle has turned to shit…. Literally

65D73323-749E-43BA-9FA9-50F2CB88A559.jpg
    A6078C8E-360D-4887-BC14-9B5F20BEAE37.jpg
    E8DD6EE5-8649-4DEC-AB64-8953F373F137.jpg
    7B1EB49F-2DBF-43B5-9270-2FC8B836A3F5.jpg

23. Apr 3, 2022 at 9:16 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    The Lower Mainland of BC where I grew up, basically Vancouver east out to Hope has basically become the same. Went from being a nice if crowded place to being overun with bums, druggies, trash and crime over the last 10 - 12 years or so. Funny enough, other areas with similarities not to be discussed on this forum have fallen into the same state of disrepair.

Tundrastruck91 and YardBird like this.
  24. Apr 3, 2022 at 9:31 AM
    Terndrerrr

Member:
    Music City
    Vehicle:
    Dual 5.7s
    In Nashville, you almost never get in trouble for ANYthing other than violent crime. People don’t care to obey the law because they know they won’t get caught. Same reason the average speed on the highways around Nashville is 75-80mph even though the posted speed limit is 55. It is a well known fact that the Metro Nashville PD is understaffed. They don’t have the manpower to crack down on littering, let alone to set speed traps. People blow through the stop signs in my neighborhood all the time. I can always tell when it’s about to happen. If I’m about to beat someone to a 4-way stop (which would give me the right-of-way), they floor it and blow right through the stop sign so they don’t have to come to a stop after me and wait 10 seconds for me to pass.

There might be other factors, but around here, the common denominator seems to be that everyone knows they won’t get caught.

25. Apr 3, 2022 at 9:33 AM
    TundraMcGov.

TundraMcGov. Your friend. Your foe. Not yo Ho.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jofus
    Burpinham, Babalama
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super White DC 4X4 Tundra
    I was born and raised in Seattle. And even though my family is still there I will never go back to the garbage dump they have created.

Tundras.com content: I wouldn't go back there even if a new Tundra was waiting for me.

Tundrastruck91, ATV25, Hbjeff and 2 others like this.
  26. Apr 3, 2022 at 9:53 AM
    YardBird

YardBird Native San Diegan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonesy
    Vehicle:
    2005 RCLB
    American Thunder Cat Back ~ Retrax Pro ~ Toyota Bed Mat ~ OEM Split Spoke Wheels
    Once.jpg I met a mechanical engineer that loved Italian cars and motorcycles ~ some of which could be unreliable.

The guys would ask him;

"Why do you choose to drive and ride Italian machinery ?"

His answer;

"Because I can."

I suspect this is the reason people are so prone to littering . . . Because They Can !

Huevon2.jpg

Hispanic folks have the operative word for those that litter;

HUEVON

Loosely translated it means;

Lazy Balls

Last edited: Apr 3, 2022
  27. Apr 3, 2022 at 11:41 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I hate people that litter. I carry a Gatorade bottle half full of water in my boat for cigarette butts. When I hunt I always pick my shell casings. There is no reason you cannot clean the trash out of your car when you get home and hopefully recycle what you can.

28. Apr 3, 2022 at 11:48 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
  29. Apr 3, 2022 at 11:54 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    When I lived in Canoga Park the one that bothered me was people bagging their dog poop and tossing the bagged dog poop aside. Is that really any better than leaving your dog poop in the grass? The bagged poop is just protected enough to not break down, and jn the Summer the stench would seel from the bags as they created a little insta-pot like cooking chamber.

30. Apr 3, 2022 at 1:07 PM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    There are individual persons who are good and decent. However, the longer I'm alive the more I'm convinced human beings in general are just absolute shitbags.

CassND, Toyotoholic, Tyman and 6 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top