1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who still sells what sort of camper shell for 2006 Tundra four door?

Discussion in 'Tonneau Covers, Caps and Shells' started by MIkeatthelake, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Jul 28, 2019 at 8:48 AM
    MIkeatthelake

MIkeatthelake [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tundra 4wd 6cyl
    Finally getting around to finding a camper shell for my 2006 that I bought last year and I find that most companies have dropped carrying them for this old a Tundra.
    Anyone recently purchase from a major company? I wanted a LEER but they have apparently dropped my model year as well.

2. Jul 28, 2019 at 10:40 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I'm surprised to hear this. When I was getting quotes on new ones last Novemeber both LEER and ARE still made shells for my 02. I would double check to make sure they stopped. You can also try Snugtop and Century.

Honestly, they are crazy expensive new and quality seems to be hit or miss right now. I would look for a nice clean used one. I ended up buying one made for an 06 Double Cab off Craigslist for $375. A lot of people have found them for less.

3. Jul 28, 2019 at 10:44 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    Earlier this year when I was thinking of a shell, I was able to get quotes from ARE and Leer. They should still make them. Not cheap though :(

4. Jul 30, 2019 at 7:52 AM
    MIkeatthelake

MIkeatthelake [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2004 Tundra 4wd 6cyl
    I think I spoke prematurely. Several models of several makes have been discontinued but there are certainly a plethora of shells still for sale.
    ARE had the easiest software. Prices are over the top but hey, I have so much invested in this truck that having 25k invested in a 10k truck is not much worse
    than having 23k invested in it. I did not buy this truck as a wise investment. My wife would say I bought it to help the used car dealer and the local garage
    get their kids through college and there is no reason to neglect the camper shell guy. Craigs list would be a great deal if I found what I want but I did not.

5. Jul 30, 2019 at 9:04 AM
    weadjust

weadjust New Member

Member:
    Tupelo, MS
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra Limited DC
    I recently sold a Century Top from a 06 DC on the classifieds on this site. It sold fast for $400 and the guy that bought said he had been looking for a used one for 5 months and this is the first used one he had seen for sale. He drove 7 hours round trip to pick it up and the color of the top didn't match his truck.

6. Jul 30, 2019 at 10:34 AM
    FirstGenVol

FirstGenVol Brake Czar

Member:
    East TN
    Vehicle:
    2002 AC
    I'm not clear on what your question is then. What are you asking?

Products Discussed in

To Top