1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who’s taking vitamins and eating healthy?

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by Eclipsed & Floating, Feb 15, 2018.

1. Feb 15, 2018 at 7:25 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating [OP] Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    ok, so I’m 43 and health is becoming a topic in my life. I’ve made some significant changes but am still looking for tips.

1. Which vitamins or herbs are you consuming to supplement your needs?
    2. What are you eating that makes a difference in your life?
    3. What do you stay away from that has proven beneficial?
    4. How much is your gym membership and what shall I look for as I join one? I don’t have room at my house for any equipment so please don’t “help” with that info until I move
    5. Is the gym/workout thread a more beneficial way to gain these bits of information?
    @Law323 @Sean266 I know you guys are fit and I feel comfortable taking your advice, but I’m willing to listen to anyone else that has something helpful to say

Last edited: Feb 15, 2018
  2. Feb 15, 2018 at 7:35 AM
    Johnathand

Johnathand New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnathan
    Vehicle:
    16 Platinum
    I’ve learned that the key to a healthy diet.

Is planning, shopping, preparing, and cooking your own meals. I’m not saying going as far as weekly plans or meal preps. But as far as a healthy balanced diet.

When I started cooking my own full daily meals and planning the day ahead what I was going to eat. Or cooking dinner instead of take out. I became more conscious of the balance of proteins, carbs, fats, etc. I was more conscious of the ingredients and adatives or oils being cooked with. I was also more conscious of portions. Also saved a lot of money.

That’s just my experience on when I really began to control my health. Starting with food. Other than just the gym or getting too detailed about what exactly to eat.

3. Feb 15, 2018 at 7:43 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Great tip! Excuses run rampant in my dialogue about why I feel like crap. Awareness and self honesty is the stage I’m in now

4. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:07 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I hear ya on the health scares. I haven’t had any serious scares but I’ve been experiencing some anxiety due to life choices that have made me think there are some health scares. I’ve been meaning to clean up a bit for a while, and like you, used to be in great health. In my younger days I used to climb high elevation mountains with heavy climbing gear. Now, that climbing gear is in a box deep in the storage with cobwebs. Everyday life can present challenges but in my situation, it’s all excuses. It’s time to find the motivation within and just get it going again

5. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:21 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I am by no means healthy LOL. I used to go to the gym 4 to 5 days a week and as jobs changed so did my gym attendance. I am fatter than I have ever been. I’m going to be 39 on Tuesday and I really need to make a change myself. One thing I don’t do is eat enough vegetables. So in the last few years one thing I do is make a vegetable juice smoothie every morning for breakfast. You definitely want more vegetables than fruit. But for me it has to have fruit so that it tastes good. I bought the Neutra bullet. This is by no means is a cure-all. But I definitely think it’s a good start that I have a large serving of vegetables every day instead of some crap meal. I put small amounts of all different vegetables. Kale, spinach, beats, carrots, celery, cucumber. I try to change it up to add variety with different nutrients and vitamins. I then add a small apple a small orange and some frozen berries to make it taste good. It gives me a lot of energy to start my day. Which in turn helps me from getting something fast food and sticking to my simple lunch that I make every day.

I got lazy recently and stopped doing it. I definitely suffered the consequences. This last week I finally started again because I just got so lazy fat tired and lethargic. Let’s make some changes Mark!

6. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:24 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I’m down!!!

15whtrd[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:33 AM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
  8. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:41 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    If you like fried foods... get an air fryer.
    https://www.googleadservices.com/pa...hUKEwi3gMjkrKjZAhXJ64MKHTtMAdIQ9aACCDY&adurl=
    My wife just got one and it's pretty freaking awesome. French fries, bacon, fried chicken, ribs, breakfast potatoes, bacon, calamari, bacon, fried seafood... all kinds of fried foods wiffout the grease. And everything cooks in like 15-20 minutes. We're basically using it every day now. Not sure how I made it through this far in life without one of these. And if you can't exercise much, atleast stretch your legs... especially your hamstrings.

9. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:42 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    How’s your back doing? I haven’t heard much about it in a while

joonbug[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Feb 15, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Cuz I been stretching my hamstrings. Had back problems for 2 or 3 straight years and as soon as I started stretching, it completely fixed my back. It got so much better that I stopped stretching again for a couple of months and it started getting a little sore the other day. So I started stretching again yesterday. Gonna keep it up this time. It's weird to be able to touch my toes.

11. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:03 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    like @Johnathand said. I meal prep once or twice every week. I always get in 2 servings of fruit and 4-5 servings of veggies every day, the rest consist of lean meat and low GI carbs that I have cooked myself. I save the high GI carbs for breakfast and post workout. Know what you put in your body and pay attention to portions/macro percentages. It sucks at times, but Discipline = Freedom.
    get AT LEAST 30 minutes of moderate exercise a day, stretch and foam roll a couple times a day. I find doing it in the mornings/evenings and right after workouts are the best for me.

I take a Multivitamin and 3 tablets of Vitamin C every day.

Don't deprive yourself either. I'm a sucker for Brown sugar and cinnamon pop tarts, burgers, and fried chicken. If I want any of these things, I make sure it fits in my daily caloric count but make sure it doesn't make up for the majority of what you ingest.

I follow the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid.

12. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:09 AM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    1. You could take the generic route and go with a multi-vitamin or go to the doctor and have them do a blood sample to find out real deficiencies. I had one done about a year ago and only needed to supplement magnesium and vitamin d.

2. Occasionally foods that I like so that when I start cutting again it’s more sustainable. That’s the key. I’ve done paleo before and was always drained so that didnt last more then 6 months. However I did loose about 20 pounds. I have been tracking macros for over a year and that will help you see just how certain foods can effect your daily intake. I’m not really tracking now because I wanted to try to bulk for 8 weeks. I have always had to cut weight in the past thanks to some stupid ass pre world war 1 height/weight requirements for the Marine Corps. So I figured since I don’t need to do that let’s just see what happens.

I definitely need to eat more veggies and may look into this smoothie thing. I also have a nutra bullet from when I was doing Paleo.

3. Diet wise energy drinks. Clearly not good for you.

4. 19.99 a month. It’s a little gym but it works. Nobody is open at 2am when I need to go now so this works. The next step is to build my own gym at the house but that’s probably another year out or so... unless it becomes crowded I may just build the gym earlier then planned. I would look for whatever is important to you like price, or hours open, type of equipment they have and how busy are they when you will most likely be going. Is it a convenient location...close to home,on the way to work etc. See if they will give you a 5-10 day pass so you can get a real feel for how things are.

5. I stop by that thread every once in a while but don’t post much. Couldn’t hurt to go say hi and get some input.

13. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:16 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Gym memberships vary from city/state to city/state. In BR, $50 a month was pretty much the norm. Here in Memphis, $20-30 is the norm.

14. Feb 15, 2018 at 9:19 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    don't forget your calves too!

most muscle imbalances/kinetic chain problems start at the feet and track upwards barring any injury.

Watt maker likes this.
  15. Feb 15, 2018 at 10:13 AM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    I have Pickles, onions, lettuce and tomatoes on all my hamburgers. I feel so good eating my veggies.

16. Feb 15, 2018 at 10:29 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    I'm using Centrum silver daily. Eating a heck of a lot more fruit and salads. Still eat red meat but more fish. I stay away from fried anything. Don't ask me about bacon. Doesn't count!!

17. Feb 15, 2018 at 10:33 AM
    Juanjoolio007

Juanjoolio007 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Sky Platinum Crew Max
    Bed Rug, Tonneau cover, Window visors, Console organizer, Weather Tech's
    Only good thing about Paleo bacon and dark chocolate were allowed.

18. Feb 15, 2018 at 10:48 AM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    There’s an herb that I hear is great for your health and in abundance in Colorado.

Really though, counting calories is a joke. Just eat healthier , cut out sodas, and add some sort of exercise to your routine and you will notice an improvement within 2 weeks. Unless your some freakish body builder there’s really no reason to get super technical and make it harder than it needs to be.

15whtrd and Watt maker like this.
  19. Feb 15, 2018 at 11:25 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Colorado does have some great edible mushrooms (not for cooking your brain). Quite tasty and organic. Mostly fertilized by bear and elk "droppings".Yummy....

Law323, Watt maker and Darth Tundra like this.
  20. Feb 15, 2018 at 11:30 AM
    jeremyd

jeremyd 2014 Crewmax SR5

Member:
    NV
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4X4
    ProComp 7" 35/12.50/18 -11
    Multi vitamins
    No carbs
    And a whole lotta cardio !! Hell yea !

21. Feb 15, 2018 at 11:36 AM
    Darth Tundra

Darth Tundra I AM....YOUR FATHER

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Vehicle:
    17 CM TRD Black
    Revtek 2.5 level kit, 295/70/18 on stock rims..no rear mods
    20180215_115611.jpg Also diffuse the oils in my office....Wild Orange. ..Lemon...Doug Fir....just to name a few....customers love it 20180215_113432.jpg My daily regime.....Doterra .....100 % Natural !!!....Zero additives !

Black Wolf and jeremyd like this.
  22. Feb 15, 2018 at 11:54 AM
    Darth Tundra

Darth Tundra I AM....YOUR FATHER

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Vehicle:
    17 CM TRD Black
    Revtek 2.5 level kit, 295/70/18 on stock rims..no rear mods
    :rofl: o_O

Black Wolf likes this.
  23. Feb 15, 2018 at 12:25 PM
    Festerw

Festerw New Member

Member:
    Cambridge Springs, PA
    Vehicle:
    04 Tundra DC
    In 2014 I got to 250 on the scale and a size 44 waist and decided it was time to change as of today I'm at 185 and feel better than ever. MyFitnessPal is a great resource for helping establish better habits, just by easily tracking what you put in your face and being aware of what categories you're deficient in.

When I started out I didn't want to cut out any foods so I just changed to smaller portions and successfully dropped 60lbs that way, the only reason I've changed my habits is my last 2 blood tests have come back with blood glucose around 100 so I'm most days limiting carbs to under 125g. Most days being the key, today was not that day and cake is delicious, tomorrow I'll get back in line.

I luck out on the gym front since I work in college athletics so all the facilities for me are free. Even still I do pretty much no strength training since I move things around all day and the last thing I want to do in my spare time is lift more crap, running however I like and that's free to do outside anyway.

Ultimately it's about what's sustainable for you. I shoot for 85% good days and 15% fun days.

Watt maker and Black Wolf like this.
  24. Feb 15, 2018 at 12:32 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    key for working out is finding the motivation. A lot easier with a friend.

Black Wolf likes this.
  25. Feb 15, 2018 at 12:48 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Definitely a lot easier but motivation IMO, is start up crap. Drive is what keeps you going baby!!

26. Feb 15, 2018 at 2:14 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    :rofl:

27. Feb 15, 2018 at 2:22 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    That’s the herb that made me fat in college but I hold off these days!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    Watt maker likes this.
  28. Feb 15, 2018 at 2:38 PM
    mungk

mungk New Member

Member:
    Washington DC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Cement Pro
    Go onto netflix and watch a recent doc called "What the health"

29. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:09 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    I'm 6'2" 240lbs. Sunday I stepped on the scale and said "damn, I need to do something". Been eating lighter and taking a run in the dark at night once the kiddo goes to bed and haven't had a soda since Monday. ;) I already miss the shit out of my one coke a day.

30. Feb 15, 2018 at 3:40 PM
    Theonlyway

Theonlyway New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    User
    I follow the work of Broda Barnes and Ray Peat. Many supplements and vitamins are toxic. Check out toxinless.com He looks through the additives and what not. I just try to balance my protein with carbs (not starch) and avoid pufa

Products Discussed in

To Top