1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Which Drive Mode Should I be Using

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Demar002, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Dec 14, 2021 at 12:09 PM
    Demar002

Demar002 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tundra
    I would like to admit - I am not very experienced with the different drive modes and I do not have the truck so I haven't had a chance to read through the manual. With that being said, I would like your thoughts in the given scenario

On occasion, I have to drive through washed-out hunting camp roads that can be mud based. Not to the axel mud but enough water where I can not see the road. To me there is a significant amount of water. If I had to guess - half up the tire rim maybe a bit more.

Historically my options were A4 , 4H, 4L. I didnt have the drive mode selector. I always placed the truck in 4H and did the best I could. Often times I was hauling a trailer so I usually had to go pretty slow. There were times when I was sliding quite a bit to the road edge which became a bit dicey.

Never had a problem (Sliding off the road or getting stuck). But I wonder if there is a better drive mode I should utilize. I also never had an option to lock the differential. Not saying that is what I should do, thus the reason for the question -

I will have the 1794 with the TRD off road package

Thanks for your thoughts.

F

2. Dec 15, 2021 at 10:15 AM
    frichco228

frichco228 Valued Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crewmax 4WD, TRD Offroad
    Eibach Pro Truck Stage 2 suspension, HD RAS, 285/75-18 Nokian Outpost AT, LoPro bed cover, TRD rear sway bar, DD 10 inch exhaust, and various other goodies

Products Discussed in

To Top