1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Wheel and tire “selling” question

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Rbohno, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Mar 23, 2021 at 2:58 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra CrewMax Limited
    Icon stage 5,method 18 x 9, BFG KO2s, Bushwacker flares, tinted windows,Havoc HST running boards,Weatherguard slimline box, DSR1, JL Audio 900/5 amp, two 10W0 subs in a box, hertz centro in the front and Hertz Uno in back doors
    Hey Guys,

I just bought the XD’s 18” x 9” and the Duratracs and REALLY on the fence about putting some Methods with BFG KO2s since I am switching to 35’s.

My conundrum is the Tire store will give me a huge credit on the Duratracs and so I would just pay the difference between the credit and price of the 35s $600~ or get new wheels and tires around $2500 and then hope I could sell my XDs with the Duratracs for a good amount.

‘The big question is “I wonder what my tires and wheels are worth”........ Let me beat the first wise guy to it....... Whatever someone is willing to pay......

2. Mar 23, 2021 at 3:06 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    Me personally I would get something other thN the BFG's. They are stone magnets and at times don't balance well.

14burrito likes this.
  3. Mar 23, 2021 at 3:16 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Icon stage 5,method 18 x 9, BFG KO2s, Bushwacker flares, tinted windows,Havoc HST running boards,Weatherguard slimline box, DSR1, JL Audio 900/5 amp, two 10W0 subs in a box, hertz centro in the front and Hertz Uno in back doors
    I agree with both of those statements as I have run them quite a bit and you are lucky to be under 10 oz balancing them but they perform so well in all my target areas .... snow .... ice ..... sand ..... and mud

I have run Duratracs, the BFGs and Falken Wildpeaks once on my Power Wagon and they weren’t bad.

Dc2015 likes this.
  4. Mar 23, 2021 at 3:32 PM
    14burrito

14burrito IG @14burrito

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM 4x4 5.7
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    Stay away from KOtrash

5. Mar 23, 2021 at 3:52 PM
    Rbohno

Rbohno [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    NC
    Vehicle:
    Any guesses-as to what you guys would list the XDs and Duratracs for on Craigslist

6. Mar 24, 2021 at 12:28 AM
    OnespeedTRD

OnespeedTRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited TRD Off-Road
    275/70r18 Cooper AT3 XLT on SCS Ray 10s, Eibach Coilovers, DD 12" Exhaust, AJT Blackout Kit, Truxedo Pro X15, paint match/chrome delete.
    Its hard to get what you think for used stuff like this on CL. Usually about half of what you paid, even if the wheels/tires are still in good shape and lots of tread. The problem is folks aren't willing to pay that close to new for something that comes with no warranty or ability to take them back to the shop if needed. The other problem is you'd have to find the one guy who wants those exact wheels and that exact tire brand/size, which limits your potential buyers. When I sold my stock TRD wheels/tires I listed them as a complete set for $800 and got no interest at all. Then I split them up and sold the tires for $500 and the wheels for $500, so actually came out better, and they sold pretty quickly.

You could buy the wheels you want and take the credit for the tires and have the shop install the new tires on the new wheels, and then you'd just have the XDs to sell. You'd probably come out better in the end.

Products Discussed in

To Top