1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What Spare Parts Do You Take Offroading?

Discussion in 'Recovery & Gear' started by Taco-Blender, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Apr 3, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    Taco-Blender

Taco-Blender [OP] Old Guys Rule

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 DC 4x4
    Like the title says, what spare parts do you take with you if you go off-road? I don't do anything extreme, like serious rock crawling, but I'd like to do a little more traveling on trails, forest service type roads (Rimrock trail in CO for example) for a few days at a time.

Not really looking for "equipment" per say (e.g. high lift jack, MaxTrax, etc.), just interested in a list of actual spare truck parts, like serpentine belt, hoses, ball joints, etc. that you might carry along on a multi-day trip off-road.

Thanks in advance.

2. Apr 3, 2019 at 12:28 PM
    johnvan

johnvan OG

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Rensselaer,New York
    Vehicle:
    2016 inferno SR5 DC
    Don't really carry spare parts,it's a Toyota! but I do bring extra oil and antifreeze. I also bring JB Weld,duct tape,zip ties,a couple of coat hangers,tire plug kit.Oh almost forgot,a bottle of Fireball!:mudding:

138thBatista and Darkness like this.
  3. Apr 3, 2019 at 12:46 PM
    pro2amendment

pro2amendment Member

Member:
    Indiana
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra: 5.7L Flex, MGM Gray DC, Offroad pkg
    Bullet liner
    I brought xtra tie rod end and adjuster already assembled when in my xterra. More because I had them but had seen pics of the TRA bending messing up people's trip.

4. Apr 3, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    Tzvia

Tzvia Just an old woman in a pickup truck.

Member:
    Los Angeles County
    Vehicle:
    2019 5.7L Limited TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just a Bed Rug and Snugtop XTRA Vision
    In my last truck, hoses and hose clamps (never needed 'em though). 5 gallons of water. Small bolt of wire, wire strippers, and I like 2228 Scotch electrical tape (yea, it's not a part, but useful stuff). Fuses for sure. Make sure spare tire is GTG. A few extra lug nuts in case a few run away while changing a tire. Maybe should get a radiator hose repair kit this time around... Even though they are horrible, I carry one of those cans of 'tire inflate' that goop up the inside of the tire as they inject some gas to inflate it. As a last ditch thing. Need to get a proper tire plug kit.
    Oh yes, some 1% cortisone cream and Sting-EEZ as I always get bit or stung by something when I stop and hop out of the truck. Got bit by a wasp in the infamous camping cabin #2 at the NRA Whittington Ctr the last week of December about 5 years ago during a snowstorm. Right on top of the arch of my right foot, at 11pm. Wasp was in my sleeping bag! Found 5 other wasps, sleeping through the winter on the walls. Evicted them then stuck my foot in the snow. No Sting-EEZ. Middle of nowhere. Snowing. Great.

138thBatista likes this.
  5. Apr 3, 2019 at 1:20 PM
    muisejt

muisejt New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Sunset Bronze 1794 Edition 4x4
    Auburn LSD, TRD rear sway bar, LED interior lights, Weathertech floormats, Fumoto valve
    You can get fireball in a 3L box now...

Products Discussed in

To Top