1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What s your favorite Spaggetti recipe

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by jwatt, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Feb 21, 2021 at 9:09 PM
    jwatt

jwatt [OP] I heart men

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Salsa Red 2007 Tundra DC @91k.
    7" BDS Coilover Suspension Lift/BDS UCAs/XB LED Headlights/Nitto trail Grappler tires on Black Rhyno Armory wheels
    I like to cook. I like to buy fresh veggies, and raw meat, adding my own seasonings, and lately, trying new things to change up/spice up food. It s sometimes tempting to buy prepared food, though most dishes I can make as good, or better. But when working 10 hour days time is a factor so with speggetti, I normally buy pre made sauce, and cook big batch for my lunches. I really don t have a favorite. Ragu is sometimes too sweet, so I tried adding things to spice it up, and give it a bolder taste. After a little trial and error I found a few things that really make a taste treat. This is for a 45 oz bottle of sauce. Make sure the pan is large enough to accomodate all of the ingrediants. I use a 12" skillet.
    Ingrediants to add to sauce:
    1. 8oz ground beef, and 8oz spicy italian sausage
    2. 1/2 of a medium yellow onion, chopped (yellow onion has more heat and will counter act the sweetness of the sauce)
    3. 1/2c fresh finely chopped celery.
    4. 1 fresh med sized jalapeno pepper, minced, (Green peppers work too)
    4. 1 c coursely chopped Portobello mushroom, (you should get about 3c from 1 mushroom)
    5. 3/4c sliced/choped black olives
    6. Hot salsa, ( I use 1-7oz can of "Herdez-Salsa Casera")
    7. 1T minced/pressed garlic
    8. 1/2c parmesan cheese
    8. 12oz bag of pasta, (I use egg noodles. Other types of pasta may be to much or not eonugh)

In pan saute meat, onions, celery, and pepper first. I don t drain fat until the veggies are translucent.
    After draining fat, add sauce, mushrooms, olives, salsa, and garlic. Bring to a simmer, and cook for about an hour.
    While sauce is simmering, cook the pasta, and when It s done, cool it off with cold water, and set it aside in a dish large enough to accomodate both noodles and sauce.
    (A small amount of water may need to be added to sauce if it gets too thick), but when sauce is done cooking stir in parmesan cheese into sauce, and simply pour sauce into dish with noodles and blend well. All total it takes about 1 1/2 hours to cook a big batch. It lasts me a whole week, and the last day is as good as the first:thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 22, 2021
  2. Sep 27, 2021 at 12:59 PM
    Katblackdiesel

Katblackdiesel New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kat
    Atlanta - Rome
    Vehicle:
    2007 Timberland Mica Tundra SR5
    I like spicy foods, and when it comes to spaghetti, I add all the flavor to the meat. Also, I'm Hispanic. Nothing is measured and everything is flavored to taste.

1-2lb Ground beef
    Cayenne Pepper
    Chili Powder
    Chili Flakes
    Paprika
    Onion Powder
    Garlic Powder
    Sesame Oil
    Cumin
    Turmeric
    Salt
    Pepper
    Hot Chocolate (Yes, really)

Start cooking the beef! Add a dash of oil (sesame oil is strong, you don't need much) and all seasonings to taste. I don't drain the grease, just add it to the final product. Cook until brown. Boil pasta and strain. Throw everything together and mix well with pasta sauce of your choice.

Tastes amazing as leftovers, and Mexican cheese is an excellent pair to the spice.

panicman and tuna813 like this.
  3. Sep 27, 2021 at 2:56 PM
    tuna813

tuna813 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tuna!
    Vehicle:
    13' RCSB
    Spaghetti is a comforting food for us, here's how we do it. We keep it simple, tweaked (as you see below), yet super good.
    1lb 93/7 ground beef or ground venison
    3x or 4x green onions
    1/2 onion (color at your preference)
    can sliced mushrooms
    salt
    pepper
    garlic
    garlic powder
    red sauce, target brand is good
    coconut oil spray
    Tillamook Italian blend
    cilantro
    hot sauce or red pepper flakes

spray the pan, throw in diced onions, salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Let them gain some color, throw in the green onions. Then add the meat & garlic, cook it, once no red is left, add the red sauce, a little Cholula, or red pepper flakes, and reduce the heat to low/medium. When the pasta is done boiling, add the sauce to the pasta in low heat. (we also add broccoli at this point if we have it, it's a surprisingly good pairing). Serve, add some Tillamook and sliced cilantro. Good to go.

Katblackdiesel likes this.
  4. Oct 9, 2021 at 1:58 AM
    panicman

panicman Everyone remain calm.

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM TRDoffroad MGM
    Convinced but Curious- what kind of hot chocolate do you like to use?

5. Oct 11, 2021 at 5:38 AM
    Katblackdiesel

Katblackdiesel New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kat
    Atlanta - Rome
    Vehicle:
    2007 Timberland Mica Tundra SR5
    I use a Kroger brand dutch chocolate mix. I'm not really picky, and that one came in a can.

6. Oct 11, 2021 at 9:08 AM
    Nowhereman

Nowhereman New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Al
    Monterey Bay area
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 / TRD / Cement
    Rough Country shocks, ReTrax cover, Summo springs, black out badging, bed extender, "some other things I can't mention"
    This one is so simple but extremely effective.
    Lean ground beef, brown up in pan with Mansmith's grilling spice, then drain.
    Now, in your pressure cooker, throw in a half inch of water, then one layer of spaghetti, then your sauce, then meat, then another layer of spaghetti, then finish it with more sauce.
    Pressure cook for 8 to 10 minutes and it's done.
    No need to precook spaghetti.
    The pressure permeates the noodles perfectly and starch thickens up the sauce a tad.
    The meat is tender perfect.
    Just stir it up a bit and serve.
    Will be just about the best spaghetti you ever whipped up.

Katblackdiesel likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top