1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 2.5 gen Tundra today?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by T-Rex266, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Jul 24, 2018 at 4:24 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation

I'm also getting the shackles and only plan on using the 1" setting to give me a little rake back. Especially when I start to tow it will help with the sag.

What setting are you using?

2. Jul 24, 2018 at 5:03 AM
    SnrDisregardo

SnrDisregardo New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wade
    IL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum CrewMax 4x4
    TRD Sport Suspension, TRD Front & Rear Sway bar, TRD Pro Shift knob, Charcoal Filter Delete, aFe Pro Dry S w/SABM, LineX bed, Remote Start, OEM tonneau cover, DIY pop'n lock, DIY TRD cold air intake, TRD skid plate, DD SS3 amber fogs, HotShot Offroad Hot Tails, 2020 OE radio with tech12v amp and sub.
    Manteno. South of Chicago, about 40 miles.

3. Jul 24, 2018 at 5:28 AM
    Onaracsjh100

Onaracsjh100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    H
    Vehicle:
    2018 dc 8’
    Toyota 8’nonskid Bed liner
    I would look for any unusual hacks by umbrella Corp to your devices

HecticEnergy likes this.
  4. Jul 24, 2018 at 6:35 AM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    o_O

HecticEnergy likes this.
  5. Jul 24, 2018 at 7:56 AM
    sr5shark

sr5shark Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.

Member:
    First Name:
    Alan
    Walnut Creek, CA
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5
    Fox & ADS | SCS SR8 | Nitto RG
    I am using the 1" setting. With 2" level in front and all of my kids swim gear in the back I still have ~ 3/4" of rake.

bowhun2r[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jul 24, 2018 at 8:59 AM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    TVD came through with these. Easy to install and quality seems good. I like how the wrap around inside the vents.
    They do leave a little chrome on the outside lip but not much you can do about that.

20180724_114823.jpg
    20180724_115532.jpg
    20180724_114102.jpg
    20180724_114054.jpg

7. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:02 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation

This morning I did check the torque on all the sway bar bolts. All to spec. What did surprise me was my bed bolts were easily turned a half before coming up snug. I did have my bed Rhino lined before I took delivery...I wonder if they removed the bed to do it. Will have to check around for the proper torque settings on the bed bolts. It did subside the "klunk" a bit, so I'm on the right track.

thanks,
    Scott

8. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM
    bowhun2r

bowhun2r New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Steeler Nation

Thank you @NewImprovedRon !

My bolts were free of liner...so they did remove them. Did some searching and found 62 lbs/ft is the torque spec. Earlier this morning I just had my socket wrench on it and turned it. Put my torque wrench on it and it was almost another 3/4 turn before hitting that spec. Guess what... no more klunk going up my driveway. Makes sense. I didn't have this sound until about a month ago it was hardly noticeable. Last week or so it was KLUNK...KLUNK going up driveway. Almost embarrassing...should not have let it go that long.

When it's not 90 plus out with high humidity I'll remove them one at a time and put red locker on them.

Ha!! love this place.

Scott

9. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:42 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Go for it Ron. Easy to do and he gives you 6 decals in case of a slip up. They were $14. Not bad at all. Great customer service as well.

HecticEnergy and NewImprovedRon like this.
  10. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:43 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I was talking with @DecalsByDesign about making some. Hasn't happened yet but it would be cool to do those too

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  11. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:46 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I'll admit, I used 5 haha

Also ordered his stereo TUNDRA letter inserts. Will be putting those on when they arrive. Initially I was sent the wrong size set but he fixed that in a matter of a few hours

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  12. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:58 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    Yep, allowed me to try my little stretch experiment to cover some of the outer chrome. Unstretched, this area isn’t covered as much or at all.

0A276DEA-7377-4B86-8D05-5C47F3DA4669.jpg

NewImprovedRon and Pudge like this.
  13. Jul 24, 2018 at 9:59 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Wow nice job.

JoshuaA[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jul 24, 2018 at 10:04 AM
    Ntmid8r

Ntmid8r New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport
    TBA
    What Rack and Lights are those?

Darren509 likes this.
  15. Jul 24, 2018 at 10:22 AM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    You get 2 sets, good thing as I didn’t like the way my first try at “N” sat. Supposed to dip them in soapy water and remove from the backing with painter’s tape, not use your fingers. The wetness allows you to slide it around but they’re a solid fit once centered.

Pudge[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:13 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    What color did u get black or charcoal? Tia

17. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:22 PM
    DecalsByDesign

DecalsByDesign Vinyl Connoisseur

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 Quicksand Limited Double Cab
    Toytec Performance Aluma 2.5 Kit Nitto G2 295/70-18 Method MR306 18x9 +18 Kenwood DDX6906s Carven TR Muffler w/ Y-Pipe
    @Pudge I'm losing all my business to TVD! :puke:

I've seen his stuff, he has a lot to offer, I just don't have the time or energy to keep up with all the small stuff and my vinyl is much more expensive at cost. I will do my best to get a store up for everyone.

18. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:25 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Im not running off...i like the designs you come up with. Btw....i want to pull the trigger on the hood flag i asked you about

19. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:26 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    X2:thumbsup:

20. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:37 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Love the idea, can u put a rtt on top of those thule racks?

Also what was ur method to get the chrome edges covered by stretching?

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
  21. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:40 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Looks great, how long it take u? I've got conflicting reports.

22. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:47 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I totally understand all that man. I want knocking you at all. You have awesome stuff. And some of the most unique custom stuff which is what makes your business the best on this site

23. Jul 24, 2018 at 2:53 PM
    DecalsByDesign

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    Toytec Performance Aluma 2.5 Kit Nitto G2 295/70-18 Method MR306 18x9 +18 Kenwood DDX6906s Carven TR Muffler w/ Y-Pipe
    Yea he's got the inlays and what not dialed! I've looked through his store.

NewImprovedRon and 4x4_Angel like this.
  24. Jul 24, 2018 at 3:13 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Sorry been away for a bit n just catching up now. Not sure because I sold that setup. I've moved onto a gen y hitch and will revisit lighting for rear soon. Will post when I do it.

25. Jul 24, 2018 at 3:35 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    Don't you make the awesome bigger decals like on BlueBottle's? These look sick!

Thread: https://www.tundras.com/threads/vinyl-graphics-by-decalsbydesign.24405/

[​IMG]

Honestly, I didn't choose by vendor name, I happened to see letter inserts and ring covers on ebay... which is another store presence you could explore if you're not there. I think you make a fantastic different product :cheers:

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  26. Jul 24, 2018 at 3:50 PM
    Masher59

Masher59 New Member

Member:
    Ponchatoula, La
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Tundra
  27. Jul 24, 2018 at 4:37 PM
    JoshuaA

JoshuaA Canuck Member

Member:
    Southern Ontario
    Vehicle:
    Blaaack 2.5G
    Which RTT Mike?

Re: the blackout rings, I did it by accident. I followed the TVD instructions to do the inlays, did those first, which is to dip it in soapy water first. I thought it was the same method for the rings (it's not).

I removed the backing, dropped the square in the bowl of soapy water, painter's tape couldn't peel it away from the 2nd backing which I thought was odd so I carefully used my fingers and pulled the ring off which stretched it out slightly. I re-dipped the naked ring in the soapy water and I could basically slide it exactly where I wanted. The ring looks like it's not going to lie flat but gently push out all the bubbles and creases, let it dry a bit, repeat. When the ring is tacky enough where it's sticking all the way around flat, I start working the inside and outside. It started getting dark and I stopped at one.

When I went in and looked up the instructions, it states it's a dry transfer tape application, I thought I f'd up the first one and it wouldn't stay. The next day I put the second one on the proper way and I could see the chrome around the outside, didn't like it. To my surprise, the first one was fine. I decided to do the other 3 the wet way. Worked out great, how it looks right now, I don't know if these pics are any clearer than previous.

Inside of ring:

IMG_7902-2.jpg

Outside of ring, camera angle where my head is basically at the windshield looking down, so normally you can't see any chrome but you can see a sliver of it here:

IMG_7904-2.jpg

28. Jul 24, 2018 at 4:45 PM
    belanger9

belanger9 New Member

Member:
    Edmonton, AB
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road Inferno
    A bunch
    I got the matte black ones. And I have the sliver of chrome still showing too but my solution is to put some orange trim pieces - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07DNDR21P/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 - around the edge to hopefully cover that up. As much as I like blacking out all the silver/chrome trim it's getting a little too monotone in colour so hopefully these orange trim pieces stick on nicely and are the right size to add a little colour to the black.

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. Jul 24, 2018 at 5:25 PM
    DecalsByDesign

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Eagle, CO
    Vehicle:
    Hey thanks!! I appreciate that! I know I have explored it just struggle to put out a bunch of smaller orders together while I’m working on one huge project locally. Most of my income comes from wraps and vehicle graphics for fleets.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  30. Jul 24, 2018 at 7:14 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx for info on ac rings. For the rtt could it support something like the cvt?

Products Discussed in

To Top