1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 2.5 gen Tundra today?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by T-Rex266, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Nov 11, 2017 at 8:17 PM
    mallen88

mallen88 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Crewmax
    Window Tint 15% Stubby antenna LED headlights LED fog lights LED taillights LED drl/park/turn lights LED interior lights LED light strip in hood bulge Plasma Glow Firestorm tailgate light strip Tailgate letter inserts 8" BAMuffler Bedrug Tyger Star Armor steps White vinyl wrapped front grille and hood bulge White vinyl wrapped rear bumper ends White vinyl wrapped front bumper ends White vinyl wrapped mirror caps Icon Six Speed 17” wheels 315/70r17 Falken Wildpeaks Fog light mod (on with parking lights, low & high beams) Eibach Pro lift 3” w/coachbuilder .5” spacers Proform Fabrication 1.5” rear shackles ESP under seat storage Cali Raised ditch light brackets w/ double 4" amazon led lights Flush mount rear led lights in rear bumper Platinum/1794 headlight assemblies Off-road town rgb rock lights Proclip phone mount
    It was a fun day! Can’t wait for the next time now.

2. Nov 11, 2017 at 8:32 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Yup southern style off-road slimline hybrid oem bumper paired with warn platinum Xeon 10s winch and Baja designs s8 lightbar. Lovex3 this combo. Looks great, the bumper hides it all and secures it. The lightbar throws stupid light very far also high and wide. It basically literally turns night into day. The winch is awesome. It's fast, it's strong, and it's very easy to use. The remote clutch is beyond convenient. I got a video but having trouble being able to show here bc mp4 file. Basically hit a button on wireless remote and pull out winch rope, hook up shackle to prolink then to whatever ie chain, tree saver, tow strap, ect. Then just hit button on remote to start pulling in. Repeat process. I was able to pull about 5 rounds to my splitter in less than 5 minutes with 1 hand while recording video on cell. It's crazy convenient.
    20170820_095916.jpg 20170820_095924.jpg 20170820_095935.jpg 20170820_150732.jpg

3. Nov 11, 2017 at 9:22 PM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    Wow! That sounds awesome!! Enjoy that new toy. Glad to see you're making work fun. Keep us posted. (I want one.)

4. Nov 11, 2017 at 9:32 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Tnx. Yeah any winch is cool, but this 1 is a special little snowflake lol. Speaking of snow I plan to get creative to get my money's worth out this thing. After my boys take their sleds down the hill I'm going to save myself from having to walk down and help them back up. I'm going to have them shackle the rope on sled and hit the button from the top as they sit on the sled and catch a ride up. Can't wait. This bad boy was expensive, gotta find ways to get ur money's worth.
    20171104_215115.jpg

5. Nov 11, 2017 at 9:43 PM
    BakNBlk2014

BakNBlk2014 So Impossibly Black

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Virginia Beach VA
    Vehicle:
    2014 limited cm attitude black 4x
    BDS 4 1/2 Nitto Terra Grappler 35x12.5/18 BW Fender Flares Moto Metal 970 Wheels Leer Tonneau Bed Cover Black Plastidip Grill CF Wrap Interior AJT Shift Knob 35% Tint Weather Tech Mats Toyota Bed Mat AFE Intake
    Hey Chris. Plan on doing fatmat under hood soundproof and rattle trap 80 on the doors in Dec. Will have to wait for vaca to do cab floor and roof. I may hit you up for some advice/tips right before I start. Like the way you started with the back half there. Give us an update in cabin noise diff when you're finished. Did you do a before decibal reading? I used an android app in mine and it was 1 or 2 db off from car/driver revival review for 2014 at idle and hwy. Thanks.

htw_hawaii likes this.
  6. Nov 11, 2017 at 9:44 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Hahaha! Awesome. And they'll probably love this.

mgm16trdpro[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Nov 12, 2017 at 3:45 AM
    CM-LENNY

CM-LENNY No Complaints

Member:
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 4x4 CrewMax SR5
    PRO shocks, 37's Nitto G2's 4:88 diffs, few other mods
    Looks like a great time Aaron and perfect weather. From that 1st pic, it's hard to tell who's truck is who's. Kinda jealous. Enjoy..........

8. Nov 12, 2017 at 4:10 AM
    MonzTris

MonzTris Tundra down under

Member:
    First Name:
    Tristan
    Perth, Western Australia
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Platinum Crewmax
    ARE CX Canopy
    Looks like an awesome day! All great looking trucks too - something about white tundras... :D

9. Nov 12, 2017 at 6:23 AM
    Cfincke

Cfincke Mall Crawler but capable

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794 CM 5.7 4x4 sunset bronze
    5.29s, Auburn LSD, 37x12.50R18, Icon coilovers and shocks, SPC UCA's, Tech 12 Volts sound system, Enve Grill
    Not a problem, I watched several YouTube videos to learn how to disassemble the door panels without breaking anything. You will need a set of plastic panel removal tools as some of the clips will stay in the door and not come off with the panel. Just take your time and keep track of where pieces came from. For the rear seats in a gen 3, one of the bolts is a different thread pitch than the rest - rear center bolt of the larger bench.
    I did not do and DB tests before. Once I finish the flooring I will be able to give an update on road noise. By just doing the doors, so far the factory speakers sound a lot better and there are less rattles

BakNBlk2014[QUOTED] likes this.
  10. Nov 12, 2017 at 6:48 AM
    birdman076

birdman076 Bird, bird, bird...bird is the word

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2015 Brown Tundra Crew Max Limited
    Airbox with K&N Filter, 2" lift on 33's, Alpine iLX-F309 head unit, Pull out bed tool boxes, brown with black trim, rims, etc, black leather interior, matching topper. Muffler delete (too loud..) 62k miles!!!
    Wash, Wax, exterior Detail. Interior next weekend.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  11. Nov 12, 2017 at 7:51 AM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.

It was a blast! You can't tell from the pics but a couple of those turns were a little hairy. I had to reverse out of two of the turns just to get through. Yes it's hard to tell us apart. There's only one pic of my truck, it's the first one in the line up. The other pics were Anthony and Eric. And their trucks were even hard for me to tell which was who from afar. And you're right the weather was perfect!

Thank you!

12. Nov 12, 2017 at 9:03 AM
    EduardMusatov

EduardMusatov New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduard Musatov
    Lynden, WA.
    Vehicle:
    2017 toyota tundra crewmax
    Trd exhaust, Trd intake, sway bar, amp running boards, tunnel cover, paint match handles and mirror caps, aftermarket remote start, 2018 head light,
    Got new head light instaled finally I am really loving the new mean look of the truck now and they are much brighter at night
    Got the harness from iHacker Thx fullsizeoutput_ea.jpg

13. Nov 12, 2017 at 9:06 AM
    EduardMusatov

EduardMusatov New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduard Musatov
    Lynden, WA.
    Vehicle:
    Trd exhaust, Trd intake, sway bar, amp running boards, tunnel cover, paint match handles and mirror caps, aftermarket remote start, 2018 head light,
  14. Nov 12, 2017 at 9:20 AM
    raysmith925

raysmith925 New Member

Member:
    I'm really impressed with the high beam brightness.

EduardMusatov[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Nov 12, 2017 at 2:02 PM
    Backslider

Backslider Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 L5P - 2017 4runner SR5P - 2023 Tesla Model 3 LR
    Wash and a wax!

TundraPostWax1.jpg TundraPostWax2.jpg TundraPostWax3.jpg

16. Nov 12, 2017 at 2:28 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Looks great, when I was debating keeping pro wheels vs methods vs warlords I was wondering how they would look. I figured that would look great on a mgm and I was right. Doing the opposite of what everyone else is doing on the headlight retro looks surprisingmy good too. Taking chances I like it.

Sunnier and Backslider[QUOTED] like this.
  17. Nov 12, 2017 at 2:46 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADIN',RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet

16TRD[QUOTED] likes this.
  18. Nov 12, 2017 at 3:23 PM
    Backslider

Backslider Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    Actually they are Spyders, smoked with chrome housings. I got them before I decided to delete all the chrome on my truck. They are the only remaining chrome unless you count light bars and pods...

They don't look terrible but I'd prefer to have black. If anyone out there wants to swap my smoked chrome for your black.. ;)

I was going to do a retrofit but the company I went through did a terrible job. I just recovered a portion of what I spent on them, they still owe me upwards of $400 though.

19. Nov 12, 2017 at 3:38 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    @Backslider , your truck looks great!

When I finally connected "backslider" with your truck being registered in Utah, I had a good laugh. Perfect.
    IMG_2703.jpg

NewImprovedRon and Backslider like this.
  20. Nov 12, 2017 at 3:40 PM
    Backslider

Backslider Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    It's great that SOMEONE gets it!

Sunnier[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Nov 12, 2017 at 4:01 PM
    Brimaster

Brimaster New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray Metallic DC TRD
    Nothing huge like most of you do but installed the Toyota Bed Rail Kit today.

geno0506, blue16, mgm16trdpro and 5 others like this.
  22. Nov 12, 2017 at 7:41 PM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.

Great addition. Love my bed rails!!

23. Nov 12, 2017 at 7:53 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    If u use the bed rails and tie downs as much as I do that is HUGE. Sometimes it's a little addition that makes a big impact. Nothing to be ashamed of.

24. Nov 12, 2017 at 8:33 PM
    Achuop

Achuop Stormtrooper 5.7

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    Orange County, CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra Crew Max TRD 4x4
    TRD Pro grill, Magna Flow Exhaust, 3/2 leveling kit, TRD sway bar, black out emblems, Bakflip G2 cover, 20” ProComp wheels and Tires and lots of love and affection.
    Thanks Aaron. Just imagine if I had better suspension. No mercy! Asians that knows how to drive. Lol

040Tundra[QUOTED] and mallen88 like this.
  25. Nov 12, 2017 at 8:37 PM
    mallen88

mallen88 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Henderson, NV
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super White Toyota Tundra SR5 TRD Crewmax
    Window Tint 15% Stubby antenna LED headlights LED fog lights LED taillights LED drl/park/turn lights LED interior lights LED light strip in hood bulge Plasma Glow Firestorm tailgate light strip Tailgate letter inserts 8" BAMuffler Bedrug Tyger Star Armor steps White vinyl wrapped front grille and hood bulge White vinyl wrapped rear bumper ends White vinyl wrapped front bumper ends White vinyl wrapped mirror caps Icon Six Speed 17” wheels 315/70r17 Falken Wildpeaks Fog light mod (on with parking lights, low & high beams) Eibach Pro lift 3” w/coachbuilder .5” spacers Proform Fabrication 1.5” rear shackles ESP under seat storage Cali Raised ditch light brackets w/ double 4" amazon led lights Flush mount rear led lights in rear bumper Platinum/1794 headlight assemblies Off-road town rgb rock lights Proclip phone mount
    My kids are still talking about your driving! They enjoyed watching you and waiting to see what you were going to next.

26. Nov 12, 2017 at 8:43 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    What is this driving of which you speak? Come on, what did you do that was special!?? We live vicariously....

htw_hawaii and TXMiamiFan like this.
  27. Nov 12, 2017 at 8:43 PM
    da_jeep_luva

da_jeep_luva New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM and 2008 RCSB
    TRD Pro suspension, powder coated bumpers, wheels, tires, lowered, coated, list keeps going.
    D3096835-8E93-4DB7-BD67-D243E55B7D42.jpg
    Added some ucas, an extra cb shim, and a diff drop.

28. Nov 12, 2017 at 8:46 PM
    da_jeep_luva

da_jeep_luva New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM and 2008 RCSB
    TRD Pro suspension, powder coated bumpers, wheels, tires, lowered, coated, list keeps going.
    On a side note, the diff drop install is more of a pain than the suspension stuff lol

Not-required and Sunnier like this.
  29. Nov 12, 2017 at 9:48 PM
    EduardMusatov

EduardMusatov New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduard Musatov
    Lynden, WA.
    Vehicle:
    Yes you are not kidding about high beam really impresed

30. Nov 12, 2017 at 10:31 PM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    Me and wifezilla was cleaning the garage and she said "whats that?" pointing to my front sway bar I removed, she said "is it safe?". Im proud of her for knowing what it does by saying that but then again I had to suffer through the "you took it off because of some youtube video?", blah blah she's worried yada ya. teeeheehee, i knew I was gonna hear it but hey its my truck, she has her own vehicle.

Products Discussed in

To Top