1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What have you done to your 2.5 gen Tundra today?

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by T-Rex266, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Jul 12, 2017 at 4:21 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Sweet. Do you know if it will work on windows 10?

2. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:17 PM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l New Member

Member:
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    2016 Double Cab SR5 Blazing Blue Pearl
    BOSS Suspension, DB Customz Grill, 35's, Spyder, Tint, Color matched corners
    Really struggling between deciding on my next mod....

********* upgrade (I constantly drive around w my radio volume maxed out)
    Dirty Deeds Exhaust Upgrade
    Bakflip Tonneau Cover

*sigh* HELP ME!!

3. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:20 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    Bamuffler since you won't need to listen to radio instead you'll be listening to your exhaust note lol.

4. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:38 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Tough choice, having pro I was lucky enough to have trd dual exhaust already. For me the bed cover was most important since didn't have. The ability to secure free from theft plus being able to put my quad on it was added bonus, plus imo the linex diamond plate looks sick. I already paid for bumper, lightbar, n winch just waiting to get delivered. After that I think a retro on heads, dap tune, and I totally agree our oem radio sux and needs upgrade. Imo I'd put an emphasis on doing first adding things u don't already have, after that then mod upgrades to things to make better. Ie lights, radio, ect. Since u don't have bed cover but do have a working exhaust n radio maybe add that 1st then upgrade other. Just my 2 cents and kinda way I try to go about.

5. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:42 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    ^ plus it always easier to justify to wifey u didn't have it already and needed it. When u upgrade things that u have and work fine already they be like wtf? Mine does anyway, like u have brand new perfectly working headlights, why u need retro, I then respond with wanting to make it safer for when i have her and kids in truck at night. Lol

6. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:44 PM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l New Member

Member:
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    lol. problem is, I do have a bed cover. Its not even a year old but its not as low profile as I'd like...

7. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:47 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    RCI was working on some little lower shock mount skids. I haven't heard any updates but this is a good reminder of why I want them

Flyinryank[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Congrats!!! This is probably the most important thing to happen in your whole life!

1UPPER and Patriot like this.
  9. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:50 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Oh ohhhh. Good luck on justifying that 1. Ur on ur own there. Lol. Maybe sell that 1 1st and make something up like it was no good leaking or doesn't secure ur valuables as safe as you'd like. Idk, that or u heard u would get better gas mpg with muffler, even though we all that have already know any possible gains are always cancelled from our heavy foot needing to hear it roar. Lol

10. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:54 PM
    joem1cha3l

joem1cha3l New Member

Member:
    Albany, NY
    Vehicle:
    This seems cliche but given the fact I'm living/experiencing it right now, I feel like I can speak to it. You're literally going to fall more and more in love with that child every single day. The first few months can be tough, but man it gets fun. My daughter just turned 7 months yesterday and she's developing quite the personality. She makes my face light up, even on the worst of worst days at work. Its unreal. Enjoy bro.

TXMiamiFan, Medic and gosolo like this.
  11. Jul 12, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    Flyinryank

Flyinryank New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 CM 4x4
    AFE Dry S Drop-In Filter TRD Air Accelerator TRD Radiator Cap TRD Fuel Cap TRD Pro Grill/Hood Body Mount Chop Bilstein 6112s CB Shim on Driver Side Bilstein 5160s ICON Rear Spring Pack Factory Painted Door Handles BFG KO2s 305/65R18 Method NV 18x9 +25 NFAB RKR Rails SDHQ ABS Guards SDHQ Ditch Light Brackets Baja Designs Squadron Pros
    I'd be in for those and that rear diff skid everyone is also waiting for :thumbsup:

12. Jul 12, 2017 at 6:09 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I'm sorry must have missed ur post about newborn. Congrats! If you haven't done this mod yet u will soon. Little advice, don't go cheap, NO price u can put on safety. Make sure you secure it correctly, if not sure how, most police depts will for you. Like said already, I got 2, 8&3, the sleepless nights, messes, ect they cause pales in comparison to the joy they bring. For me, it changed my life for the better, I found purpose, and although Im still far from perfect, the joy they bring and purpose they have given me in life I wouldn't trade it in for the world. U can be having the worst day then they'll say something funny or give u a hug that melts the bad away. For me, they were a life changer, life saver in ways. Good luck and wish u both happy healthy lives.20170712_205849.jpg

13. Jul 12, 2017 at 6:24 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I don't but if you call vled and tell them u want to add front and rear footwell kit they will send u what u need. It's plug and play, very simple, it starts by plugging into your stock under driver wheel by removing bulb. It plugs into there once u remove bulb then u simply stick under and each led strip has a place to plug into continuing around. I hid mine under center console all way around, others have put under side kick plates. That part up to u. If u get it and get stuck, just reach out and I'll try to help get u thru.

Watt maker likes this.
  14. Jul 12, 2017 at 6:27 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    20170621_165410.jpg If u get just the 2 footwell kits it will look like the packages of wires on top and the 4 led strips on right. The 1st top left is what plugs into replacing stock bulb then u just stick your strips underneath and connect the wires supplied around. Good luck

15. Jul 12, 2017 at 8:29 PM
    Cfincke

Cfincke Mall Crawler but capable

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    San Antonio
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794 CM 5.7 4x4 sunset bronze
    5.29s, Auburn LSD, 37x12.50R18, Icon coilovers and shocks, SPC UCA's, Tech 12 Volts sound system, Enve Grill
    Installed a Rago Fab flag pole holder. Had to use their mount for non rail trucks, but mounted it to the rail. Had to offset the pole holder enough to clear the retrax bed cover rails. Also was given 4 rail cleats that I put on.
    20170712_202203.jpg

20170712_202247.jpg

T500 and PaulROahu like this.
  16. Jul 12, 2017 at 9:11 PM
    Darth Tundra

Darth Tundra I AM....YOUR FATHER

Member:
    First Name:
    Curt
    Vehicle:
    17 CM TRD Black
    Revtek 2.5 level kit, 295/70/18 on stock rims..no rear mods
    I drove mine ..

757TUNDRA, Medic and SouthBoundSteve like this.
  17. Jul 13, 2017 at 6:06 AM
    PMG

PMG New Member

Member:
    It should. Just follow the directions.

18. Jul 13, 2017 at 8:21 AM
    TTU19

TTU19 Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    If you buy the front and rear kits, do they come with enough wire to run it from the front to back or do you have to buy additional wire? And did you have to take much of your dash apart to run it under, or is there room? I haven't been under there, ha.

19. Jul 13, 2017 at 10:52 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    No they supply u with all needed wire. I opted to go driver to rear driver under along center console, then to rear passenger same, then up to front passenger under along center again. I had them exchange for me 2 supplied 36" wires for 2 48" which they sent no cost and prepaid return envelope. They were great to deal with. Others I know went driver to passenger and along kickplate to rear and across. I found it easier just tucking all way around center console. Any more ques no worries to ask.

Watt maker, 1UPPER and TTU19[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Jul 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    I got the front and back kits from VLEDs. No dash removal at all. As said above, the adapter they provide plugs into the light plug in drivers side, attach/plug into first LED and stick under dash panel (once you look, you can easily find a flat mounting point - doesn't have to be large), extension to next area connects/plugs into other end of 1st LED. I ran this extension behind my console and under the glove box. Plugged into 2nd LED, mounted/stuck under glove box. Then, I connected/plugged next extension into other end of LED and ran the wire in the kick panel to carpet under passenger seat and up through hole in carpet where passenger seat motor wires were run to the passenger seat frame. Mounted 3rd LED under passenger seat, plugged in, etc. You will see a flat part of the passenger seat that the LED can mount to easily and there is enough slack in the wire for seat to move. Last step was to run the 4th extension under console (used a plastic dash removal tool to gently push wire between console plastic and carpet) to underneath drivers seat. Again ran wire to opening in carpet where other wires emerge and attach to seat frame. Mounted LED on flat spot on frame. Total time for all of this was about 20 minutes, including removal/reinstall of kick panel. I hope this helps. They provide everything and made it real easy to get 'er done!

Watt maker and TTU19[QUOTED] like this.
  21. Jul 13, 2017 at 10:58 AM
    TTU19

TTU19 Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Cool! So you didn't have to take any of the center console apart, you just tucked it under the plastic and carpet edge?

22. Jul 13, 2017 at 11:00 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yup, just tucked under

23. Jul 13, 2017 at 11:01 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I just pushed the wire up along the side of center console. Had nuff tension to keep it up there.

TTU19 likes this.
  24. Jul 13, 2017 at 11:03 AM
    TTU19

TTU19 Wreck 'Em

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    Tx
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD Sport
    Cool, I may have to buy this kit then. Always looking for small easy things to do, ha. Thanks for all the info!

25. Jul 13, 2017 at 11:11 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    No prob, def worth it. Little pricey for vled led bulbs but they are high quality and I'm believer u get what u pay for

ChucklesToy and TTU19[QUOTED] like this.
  26. Jul 13, 2017 at 12:50 PM
    14tundra

14tundra On Wisconsin!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    WI
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Crewmax 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    Just went on VLEDs to order this kit. drop down box for color choice says "blue" is this a true blue or are they talking about the 6000k color-LED White with a tint of blue? I might just call to confirm.

27. Jul 13, 2017 at 12:53 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Best bet call, that's what I did, they knowledgeable, nice, and will make sure u get what u want.

Watt maker and ChucklesToy like this.
  28. Jul 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM
    ChucklesToy

ChucklesToy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Round Rock, TX
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra Limited 4X4 Nightshade Blueprint
    BAK MX4, window tint, TRD skid plate
    Agree. Call to make sure. I ordered all my interior LEDs at the same time and got the 5000 version. Mine are white vs blue.

29. Jul 13, 2017 at 1:47 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I think 5k were on back order and good amount time out, like 5 weeks. Think mine are 6k. White but any higher would start getting blue. Gotta say since I have pro black interior the 6k look great. If it wasn't black think I'd have to wait for 5k. Be careful bc they make actual colored, ie red blue, ect. I think I'd be happy with 5k n was what originally ordering. But since it was a mod b/t mods for me to satisfy my mod addiction took chance on 6k n think I'm happier than would been with 5k. U can straighten all this out over phone, hitting a button on computer u might not know if on backorder or imo have better chance getting wrong. Just imo

30. Jul 13, 2017 at 1:53 PM
    14tundra

14tundra On Wisconsin!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    WI
    Vehicle:
    2014 Platinum Crewmax 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    agree. thanks gents

KrazieZ likes this.

Products Discussed in