1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What’s up with SDHQ??!!

Discussion in 'SDHQ Offroad' started by FERGIEYOTA, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 29, 2019 at 9:32 AM
    Mwray8909

Mwray8909 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Chino Valley
    Vehicle:
    18 TRD offroad cement CM
    Sounds to me we weren't getting the full picture. So a week or so past the approximate date really isn't bad. And it seems like SDHQ had a reasonable offer to help him with his troubles.

2. Jan 29, 2019 at 9:39 AM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite 4x4
    Pretty sure this guy was also the one who comments on SDHQ’s post about expanding the shop saying “how about you fill some Black Friday orders”. That was posted on January 15th, well inside his QUOTED time frame.

Of course that comment has been deleted but I remember seeing it and that SDHQ commented back and asked him to call the shop to discuss.

This OP just seems like a PITA and wants to complain even when there is nothing wrong.

Props to Joey and the team at SDHQ for handling this and shedding light to the real situation. Sometimes there are issues, but at least they take the time to post here and explain what happened.

I’m guessing that OP didn’t exactly talk to the sales staff in a respectful way that warrants them wanting to help him out, but that’s just a hunch of mine ;)

white_sherpa, Krezz and jlee like this.
  3. Jan 29, 2019 at 10:46 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. Hard to please everyone and sometimes things happen. I work in a customer service based business and things happen. You seem to have been reasonable and recognized the communication issue. Thanks for the whole picture. :thumbsup:

4. Jan 29, 2019 at 10:59 AM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Icon, UCAs, Method, SSO, KB VOODOO, Skids and Sliders
    Thank you for the info and for the responses. I think ultimately this helps out the forums and people on it in a positive way.

I hope the takeaways regarding open communication, transparency regarding delays, and customer support, appreciation and philosophy, will bring better service to our community from SDHQ.

I do not think anyone was questioning your motives regarding sympathy. The delays were present, the forthcoming of info was not.
    You rely on customers, and in this case BF customers to be virtual. You owe it to the customers and online community to either honor quoted time frames, or be open and honest regarding the delays. You admitted you have not, and we can move on. Lesson learned, and a valuable one at that. No matter what - the customer first mantra should be the ultimate driver for any business, ESPECIALLY ones that rely on marketing to online forums and specific like-minded groups.

CHEERS to you as a company trying to meet the demand of our forum, and make the tundra community grow by offering cool, new and exciting products. I cannot speak for @FERGIEYOTA regarding the info you presented, but I can say, he is a customer who was willing to shell out some $$ for a product he felt was superior, and functional for his intended use. Whether or not the pissing match back and forth had correct info, or all the info, is on him and SDHQ. The value that this experience has created for the entire community, and SDHQ as a supporting vendor, is necessary to sustain lasting relationships, and superior customer service. I am sure, in the long run, this thread will serve a great purpose for everyone.

5. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:08 AM
    kparrow

kparrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Nampa, ID
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra DC 4x4 5.7l V8 Blue Streak Metallic
    Goodyear UltraTerrain AT 275/70/r18, Stoptech Cryo Slotted Rotors/Hawk LTS Pads, DECKED, and lots more!

Win some, loose some, can't make everyone happy. Sounds reasonable to me. I realize I'm not the only person on the planet nor the only customer that orders products from companies when I place orders. Stuff happens, delays occur, communication gets messed up. We're all only human and make mistakes. Cut everyone some slack. Practicing more tolerance with people/companies/timelines/etc should be what we all work towards. I'm all for calling someone out when they aren't doing what they said, but when effort is indeed being made...what does it hurt to just be more patient? Too much of the "I've got to have it RIGHT NOW!!!" mentality in society today. You aren't the center of their world, you aren't their only customer, stuff happens. Patience. I say good job SDHQ for attempting to make it work. Good job as well OP for moving on from something that was not meeting your expectations.

5.7TRDProm and Rextinkleton93 like this.
  6. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    roypark

roypark Semi-pro High Fiver

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    A little of this and a little of that. Its pretty run of the mill.
    I once had a "delay" in shipping from SDHQ. I texted Joey and he said it showed that it was delivered. Then I remembered that I had it delivered to my office so my wife wouldn't see it and I hadn't been to the office in weeks. And lo and behold, there were all my parts. I've also had many different fab shops work directly on my two trucks and I can count on one finger how many times things got done in the time I was quoted. I wish I got a discount every time things were late. A lot of companies would owe me money.

7. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:11 AM
    Sunnier

Sunnier Pity the warrior that slays all his foes

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Inferno Tundra DC TRD & Longtravel 1st Gen, Banner/ HulkSmash build
    I think it's appropriate this get shared on this forum. The reason I joined is to get info on good Tundra mods, and warnings about possible pitfalls.

I love my SDHQ sliders (except where they rust because they made holes for attaching the SDHQ cut-out add-on... I'm worried they'll eventually rust from the inside, out) but I was not impressed by their customer service. I called 3 times during posted business hours, when trying to order and the phone wasn't answered, and never got calls back.

The shipping costs are not shared before the PayPal payment for shipping posts (previously covered in a different thread).

Finally, when I called for installation help a half hour before closing on a Saturday... again, no answer and no call back. Having worked in a family business for years, I cannot imagine not clearing voicemails before closing for the week. Especially if I were running a fabrication shop, knowing most customers would do installs during days we are closed.

I know I'm dog-piling here but, no matter how awesome SDHQ products are (!), there really is a trend of inconsistent or poor customer service. When a member brings up specific problems factually on here, s/he should not get shut down. That is one of the benefits of this forum-- a last ditch effort to get vendors to address problems, or for other members to have a fair warning before making purchasing decisions.

One of the reasons site vendors get our business is because of the implication that, because of association with the forum, we can trust them to treat us well.

8. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:14 AM
    dcsleeper408

dcsleeper408 BASTRDS

Member:
    First Name:
    mark
    San Jose CA
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD PRO
  9. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:28 AM
    boloson

boloson New Member

Member:
    Worse comes to worse I have some oem sliders from my 2014 crew max if you're interested OP?

10. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    Erichudgins

Erichudgins New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super white Limited DC
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/the-un-limited-build.25949/
    I'd like to throw my 2 cents in the bucket as well.. I can't get over the discount thing... as @Rextinkleton93 said, fab work is an ESTIMATED time.. is it frustrating? Sure. Do we want our parts now? Of course. @sdhq_offroad usually keepsnthese things in stock. So you know if they dont have them, something has happened. All they can do is relay the same info that they get when it comes to materials... for all we know they were being told 2 weeks as well.. but you agreed to pay the shipping originally, so why should they take the hit of something that you originally agreed to? Just because you had a buddy that could pick something up?? They cant whip up something with material they dont have to meet YOUR timeline. We forget that they deal with so much more than just TUNDRA parts. Hence their expansion. Yes they charge more for their product.. have you held anything they have made in your hands?? ITS NOT JUNK. I couldn't imagine the amount of calls they get everyday from people wanting wine at a beer price. If they gave you 50% off youd be ok with waiting?? That's ridiculous. It's not poor customer service. Its putting unrealistic demands on a purchase that was agreed upon. And to find out you placed your order AFTER the deadline.. and they still honored your price?? Thsts enough for me to keep my mouth shut and just suck it up and wait. It took me a bit to learn all this about fab work. I went through something similar with another company. But bashing and demanding discounts doesnt get it done faster. I live 2k miles away and 99% of everything i buy comes from them. I pay more because I respect the quality and service theyve always offered me. Just find it hard to believe that they were this dismissive to you. But that's my 2 cents. Either way I hope it got sorted out.

11. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:32 AM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro

also in sales and I've enjoyed the openness of this conversation and we all know, you can't win them all, no matter what we try to do.
    Things have to be handled within reason, and it sounds like you guys tried just that.

switch pro's are still on the future list!!

12. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    You do not have OEM sliders! There is no such thing LOL. Maybe you have steps? Toyota never offered sliders. Unless of course they were added by the dealer.

Marty McFly, Krezz and Black Wolf like this.
  13. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:50 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    :spy:

14. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:52 AM
    boloson

boloson New Member

Member:
    U can still slide em :bananadance:

Black Wolf, Newm, Sunnier and 2 others like this.
  15. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:53 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:You sure can! I retract my statement!

Sunnier likes this.
  16. Jan 29, 2019 at 11:55 AM
    sdhq_offroad

sdhq_offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    GILBERT, AZ
    Sorry to hear that you couldn't get through to us. We strive to pick up every phone call but even with a receptionist and 5 sales staff, its tough. If you are still having issues shoot me a PM and we can get it figured out. We have changed up the way the badging has been installed slightly in the last couple runs. But the little bit of surface rust will not harm the sliders dexterity in any foreseeable future.

T-Rex266 and Black Wolf like this.
  17. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the response. I just want you (and potential customers) to have the feedback about possibly not being able to get install support even during posted open hours. In my case, I finally figured out that the rear bolts not fitting is a typical thing for DC's and just left mine off; I figure I need sliders to support the truck's weight when I set it on rocks-- but figure the other bolts can hold my weight when I stand on the back of the slider briefly to reach into the bed(?).

As for the holes in the slider already allowed water inside to rust-- any ideas for remedy? I'm thinking of shooting in some hardening silicone but don't know if rust already started inside will progress- :notsure:. If you have thoughts on a preventative/ fix, I'll appreciateit.

18. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:08 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    How about drilling a drain hole in the bottom and then dousing the inside of the slider with fluid film or any other rust preventative?

Sunnier[QUOTED] likes this.
  19. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    5.7TRDProm

5.7TRDProm What's bothering you?

Member:
    First Name:
    Dara
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cement Tundra SR5
    All stock-ish. Powdercoated blue suspension.
    :popcorn::popcorn: Thanks Joey for your help and assist with all of what you do! I usually always make sure my orders go through you and nothing have ever went sour well besides the forum discount thing, but it always get taken care of asap and usually isnt a bother to me. Cant wait for the goodies to come in from that latest order.:spending: take it all :spending:

sdhq_offroad and Erichudgins like this.
  20. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:23 PM
    sdhq_offroad

sdhq_offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    GILBERT, AZ
    I'll shoot you a PM with the few options I would recommend. Give me about 20-30 minutes or so to get it typed out and sent over.

Rica25 and T-Rex266 like this.
  21. Jan 29, 2019 at 12:37 PM
    Sunnier

Member:
    First Name:
    Sunny
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Thanks; I appreciate it!

Rica25 likes this.
  22. Jan 29, 2019 at 1:37 PM
    papasmurf

papasmurf Savage Fabrication

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 Tundra
    07 Silver Sky 4x4 | Total Chaos LT | 2.5 King Coil overs & Bypasses | Camburg Bed Cage | 3.0 King Bypasses | 2.0 King Bumps | Custom Deavers | Nitro 4.88's | ARB Locker | Demello Sliders | 17" Double Standards | BFGKO2 37's |
    wow this thread is full of LULz

first, stop crying about your problems online this isn't Amazon prime where you get custom made parts next day, fabrication of parts and the offroad biz world, these issues happen and things sometimes take longer than expected. You dont honestly think this shop is sitting around just making parts for tundras do you? Or just building stuff to sell to one forum online.....

You think I wanted to take 3 months to build my own truck.. nope but shit happens. Parts delays, changes, and fab issues. And I was the one building it, still at the mercy of other companies. I had to wait 11 weeks for my rear shocks. 8 weeks for a fuel tank skid plate. These type of delays happen.

Joey offered to help fix the problem, gave you information and you came back immediately with more bitching.

ok so your time table didnt work to your liking, you know what, thats called life.

coming on here and sounding like a spoiled child about it all doesnt make you look very good.

@sdhq_offroad has done a lot for the tundra community with parts development. I can understand the issue of bad customer service, and that was addressed. However, if you are unwilling to accept the explanation and continue to bitch about it, i have no sympathy

either wait like all the other good boys and girls or take your biz elsewhere. But like someone else said, airing out your dirty laundry on a public forum isnt going to end how you think it will.. do your self a favor, be kind, work with them and they will work with you, if the customer service is bad with one person take it to the next level. I think you came at this whole thing with the wrong attitude OP. Mod's, other vendors and members who are well respected and who have been here a long time all have had good experiences with this vendor.

Take a deep breath and learn some patience

23. Jan 29, 2019 at 1:47 PM
    TheGibbster

TheGibbster Kumite Express leaves in five minutes

Member:
    SF Bay
    I like @sdhq as much as the next guy on this forum, it's where I bought my Icon rebounds, and I had no issues with them. But the amount of vendor dick riding on here is off the charts sometimes. Taking things online to get a solution is the only way to expedite shit in some cases. Just because you didn't have any problems with a particular vendor, doesn't mean someone else hasn't. It sounds like sdhq tried to make things right, but it wasn't agreeable to the op. That doesn't make either of them wrong, sometimes things just don't work out. The OP was just trying to get what he payed for.

24. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:08 PM
    Erichudgins

Erichudgins New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 Super white Limited DC
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/the-un-limited-build.25949/
    Vendor dick riding lol.. no. Its defending the people that take good care of us with quality parts and top notch r&d, from guys that have all of 13 posts on this forum.

25. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:08 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Vendor dick riding?! LMFAO!

26. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:10 PM
    papasmurf

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 Tundra
    07 Silver Sky 4x4 | Total Chaos LT | 2.5 King Coil overs & Bypasses | Camburg Bed Cage | 3.0 King Bypasses | 2.0 King Bumps | Custom Deavers | Nitro 4.88's | ARB Locker | Demello Sliders | 17" Double Standards | BFGKO2 37's |
    combined.....

27. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:15 PM
    Newm

Newm New Member

Member:
    KC
    upload_2019-1-29_16-14-58.jpg

Sunnier likes this.
  28. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:16 PM
    TheGibbster

TheGibbster Kumite Express leaves in five minutes

Member:
    SF Bay
    Call it whatever if it helps you sleep at night. Fact remains the dude was just trying to get what he paid for. But please, feel to grease your shit up and let that dick riding continue.:hattip:

Rica25, Newm and derkks like this.
  29. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:18 PM
    papasmurf

Member:
    First Name:
    Bruce
    San Diego
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 Tundra
    [​IMG]

30. Jan 29, 2019 at 2:21 PM
    derkks

derkks New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    FWIW I value the opinions of people with 13 posts as much as I value the opinions of dick riders with 1094.

Just because someone doesn’t spend a lot of time posting on the forum doesn’t mean they don’t have any experience with a product or vendor.

mtntop, itsdchz, Newm and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top