1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

What’s up with SDHQ??!!

Discussion in 'SDHQ Offroad' started by FERGIEYOTA, Jan 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan 25, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    FERGIEYOTA

FERGIEYOTA [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    So I ordered sliders from sdhq on Black Friday. I was told 6-8 weeks. Called two weeks ago to check status, told two more weeks. Called today I was told two more weeks. Guy in the phone had no care in the world nor was he attempting to solve the issue. Has anyone else experienced the same thing or am I solo on this?

Lucas7154350 and Rica25 like this.
  2. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:07 PM
    Mountains49

Mountains49 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Platinum
    Sorry to hear that. I’ve only had great experiences with @sdhq_offroad
    They’re an exceptional shop.

Erichudgins likes this.
  3. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:10 PM
    FERGIEYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    That’s what I heard that’s why I went with them over the other companies didn’t seem like they wanted to sell me some sliders though.

jeremyd and Rica25 like this.
  4. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:13 PM
    Pudge

Pudge Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
  5. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:31 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Icon, UCAs, Method, SSO, KB VOODOO, Skids and Sliders
    @FERGIEYOTA - This is unacceptable from one of the most reputable shops on our forums and in our Tundra community. @sdhq_offroad - I do hope you chime in, but from what it sounds like, if they were not interested in your business or fixing their promised time, even after you allowed them to go past the new negotiated time, they may be having issues with fulfillment? Could you elaborate on what transpired with a little more detail, I think keeping us informed of possible issues will help prevent another Pelfrey disaster.. Thanks! I do hope they come through with customer service and make the situation right, as I love their products - especially their sliders!

tinman10101 likes this.
  6. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:38 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Their service has always been great. I sent them a quick email.

7. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:48 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Sounds more like a staff issue. They are always very helpful around here. The guy on the phone probably needs a talking to. I’m willing to bet they’ll get you taken care of soon.

TRD15559 and Krezz like this.
  8. Jan 25, 2019 at 5:50 PM
    nishibot

nishibot Just2havnfun

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Perris, CA.
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra CM 4x4 TRD Off Road MGM
    :popcorn:

papasmurf and Newm like this.
  9. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:07 PM
    olsin6

olsin6 New Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DCSB Tundra
    35" Toyo MT w/ 17" Method Standards Body Mount Chop SDHQ Sliders
    We did have a few delays and it sounds like one of our employees just didn’t have the current information on why there were delays or was just having a bad day. My apologies on that. We were having issues with getting materials as we only use American steel on all of our products. Once we got materials, we got rolling on our largest production run of these. 50 sets so that we can keep these on the shelf. Once we got to the final fixturing, we found some issues with our fixture and the fitment wasn’t how it should of been. We lost two weeks (which was the most recent delay) making the new fixture parts. We are rolling on getting these welded up as fast as possible as you aren’t the only one waiting on these.

My apologies that we weren’t able to reach out prior to you having to call. The customer service is unacceptable on our end and I will definitely have a talk with my sales staff. You can always contact me for ETA updates via the SDHQ account on here. I am rarely on my personal account here. Feel free to PM me on the @sdhq_offroad account as I would like to see how we can still get you the best sliders on the market!

equin, fundratss, papasmurf and 34 others like this.
  10. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:16 PM
    easleycrawler

easleycrawler TOYOTA ADDICT- SSEM #78

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra SR5 DC Black 5.7

Wow. This is the way customer service should be. Way to go.

:thumbsup::oldglory:

11. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:19 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    :micdrop:

papasmurf, TRON, Black Wolf and 7 others like this.
  12. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:20 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Thanks for the update and explanation.

I would rather have a solid product that is up to the SDHQ standards of fit and finish than the "eh, good enough" attitude some companies live by.

13. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:24 PM
    Krezz

Krezz Doesn't want to be new member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Southern Ontario, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2022 Tundra Crewmax Hybrid TRD Pro
    :fistbump:

15whtrd likes this.
  14. Jan 25, 2019 at 6:27 PM
    easleycrawler

easleycrawler TOYOTA ADDICT- SSEM #78

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Easley, South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra SR5 DC Black 5.7
    The main thing about this, that most people look for in customer service is. An explanation for a delay, not some random bullshit blow smoke up your ass excuse.

If I ever decide put any type of these parts on my truck, this right here has sold me on @sdhq_offroad

15. Jan 25, 2019 at 7:09 PM
    FERGIEYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    I’m happy to hear the responses. I originally ordered some white knuckle sliders but they pulled the same thing. No communication. Then I saw sdhq and thought those are perfect. Spoke to a friend who is running them and he raved about their quality and customer service. When I called to order I was told they would honor discount from Black Friday. Figure “awesome” I’m so excited my plan was to add to my order a switch pro and some of sdhq’s accessories for the switch pro.

Since the order I have called twice and got told it was be an additional two weeks from the promise deadline. Therefore an additional 4 weeks. Never once was I told about the delays in materials or an update on fitment. Today the sales associate didn’t try to keep me as a customer. It was like he could care less if i bought from him or not. I was told sale manager would call to process refund.

Over guys I want my sliders and a switch pro from sdhq. So I’d like for someone to call and make this happen.

16. Jan 25, 2019 at 8:10 PM
    olsin6

olsin6 New Member Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Mesa, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2010 White DCSB Tundra
    35" Toyo MT w/ 17" Method Standards Body Mount Chop SDHQ Sliders
    I will be calling you personally on Monday when I am back in the office

17. Jan 28, 2019 at 10:55 AM
    FERGIEYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    Sounds good let me know if you need my number.

Rica25 likes this.
  18. Jan 28, 2019 at 11:12 AM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Any update?

Rica25 likes this.
  19. Jan 28, 2019 at 11:28 AM
    FERGIEYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    Nope still waiting.

Rica25 and Sunnier like this.
  20. Jan 28, 2019 at 11:37 AM
    mcroyo

mcroyo New Member

Member:
    COS
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM SR5 Crewmax
    A customer shouldn't have to reach out, delays should be related to the customer. Sounds like they're in the dark yet again...

21. Jan 28, 2019 at 11:48 AM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    I keep looking at sdhq products, but this has me considering other options. Olsin6 came in with an excuse and everyone started high fives with no real resolution. The original customer still has no real answer almost 10 weeks later.

Backslider, TheGibbster and sdde4n like this.
  22. Jan 28, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    FERGIEYOTA

Member:
    First Name:
    Aj
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD CREWMAX
    Just got off the phone. Issue not solved. I’ll break it down when I get home and have time to go into details. Really sucks I was ready to order my switch pro. Sdhq mount for switch pro.

Rica25 and ColoradoTJ like this.
  23. Jan 28, 2019 at 1:10 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Not going to argue that. Your are right.

Rica25, Bob and Sunnier like this.
  24. Jan 28, 2019 at 1:26 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    To be continued for sure. Love the products, but honestly, market has a lot of competition again. These same types of posts became all-to-often in my FJ and 4Runner forums. Sooner or later the masses know that the breaking factor is price WITH customer service. @sdhq_offroad charges a premium for very well made, functional products. I am a supporter of their products, and pushed everyone I could to them.

If you become reliant on the masses based upon your brand, but don’t back it with training your employees to have a customer first mindset, soon, when the masses have all bought the product, you are stuck trying to sell based on reputation and product. The more people who have similar CS issues, and post about it, the more people look at other options. In this case, @sdhq_offroad may be in a paradigm shift. They are not the only players on many of their products anymore, people now have options. It sounds like they think they are, but we haven’t heard the rest of the story. Great dialogue and info to help educate the forum masses. SDHQ, please show us you value us, the little guys, to help keep your business healthy...

tinman10101 and Sunnier like this.
  25. Jan 28, 2019 at 1:31 PM
    roypark

roypark Semi-pro High Fiver

Member:
    First Name:
    Roy
    Orange County
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    A little of this and a little of that. Its pretty run of the mill.
    I ordered my WKOR sliders on Black Friday and got them on time. No need for follow up. Maybe they use Chinese steel.

Black Wolf, 831Tun and joonbug like this.
  26. Jan 28, 2019 at 1:36 PM
    sdhq_offroad

sdhq_offroad New Member Vendor

Member:
    GILBERT, AZ
    Offered a discount for the inconvenience and informed him his would be the first to ship off the finished welding table next week. He informed me with the issues that he had and it is something that I will take back to our sales staff. I apologized. But it wasn't good enough for him. Not much more to really discuss.

We never really have the issue of customers waiting for our products because it is all stuff that we stock on the shelf as we do not rely on backlogged orders, group buys, etc to build our product. But sometimes we get hit with unforeseen delays. We show much appreciation to our customers and have given back to our forum community with a forum discount on products, but we cannot pay people to take product.

Hope to help anyone out in the future and if anybody ever has any questions, wants advice, or needs an order status update, you can guys always PM me as many of you guys already do.

27. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Just PM’d back and forth with @FERGIEYOTA -
    More to the story-
    From what I am told
    Day after cyber Monday deal, he ordered sliders and cyber Monday discount was given ~$1275
    He ordered with a $$ deposit and the expectation of 8 weeks as given. This worked well as in 10 weeks friend could PICK UP sliders saving him shipping of $250

8 weeks nothing... called ... took man on phone a lot of time to find his order info, seemed out of sorts, jumbled. No apologies, no updated info, just “we are two weeks out” - cool deal as his buddy was still able to make the shipping run in two weeks.

Two weeks go by (10 total)
    No call
    No email
    No update
    @FERGIEYOTA calls. Once again, couldn’t find info on him, no updates, supply chain issues, apologies. Two more weeks out as they are still in fabrication. Not acceptable. Two more weeks will miss his shipping opportunity. Will they help on shipping.. NO.. will you help discount the Switch-Pros and mount, no. Ok cancel order, and refund deposit.. no empathy, no offer for help. More or less, they don’t care. Man on phone cannot issue refund, sales manager will issue Monday when he is in office.

Fast forward to forum post and offer for @sdhq_offroad to make right.

Phone call today consisted on no help for shipping, and offering discount already agreed upon for cyber Monday deal.

Sorry, but I fail as a third party onlooker, to understand how you offering a discount, that customer was already receiving, as a olive branch.. no offer for any help on shipping that @FERGIEYOTA wpukd now incur because of @sdhq_offroad 4+ week delay over the original timeframe. No offer to split shipping, discount product further, t shirt, sorry, or “hey you want more of our products, let’s see what we can do to make this happen and help you out!”

Nothing

My view.. SDHQ has plenty of business, and one order means nothing in the grand scheme, when the demand is so high.

Bad business model and customer service outlook.

28. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:27 PM
    Rextinkleton93

Rextinkleton93 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kyle
    Chandler, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Superwhite 4x4
    Fabrication takes time. There have been tariffs on steel, they probably WERE working with their suppliers to get a better deal on their material. They had to fix their fixture (to make the sliders even better) to give you a better product.

There is no promise on time on things like these. They QUOTED you 8 weeks. That doesn’t mean 8 weeks.

If you don’t want to wait for quality, then don’t. Some customers aren’t worth trying to make happy and you seem like one. Just the way that I see it. Wanting an additional discount for something that was never promised in the first place is just dumb.

Just cancel your order. 99% of people are happy with their service. Joey will always answer questions and everyone here respects him.

You can’t make everyone happy. I’m sure there are things that are missing from your story (there are always 2 sides).

Erichudgins, Krezz, Quebec and 9 others like this.
  29. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:35 PM
    sdde4n

sdde4n New Member

Member:
    People's Republic of California
    Vehicle:
    2018 CrewMax - Sierra Romeo Cinco
    Leitner Designs ACS
    :popcorn: 13 Viewing thread as we speak.

Rica25 likes this.
  30. Jan 28, 2019 at 7:36 PM
    itsdchz

itsdchz 50statesoverland

Member:
    Clovis, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 SR5 CM Cement 4x4
    Did you even read what I wrote... NOTHING was offered other than 1st set of the run... now he has to incur shipping that he never intended to wait for or pay for..

Sunnier and Rica25 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
To Top