1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Weird universe phenomenons

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Wahayes, Jul 3, 2022.

1. Jul 3, 2022 at 1:37 PM
    Wahayes

Wahayes [OP] Older I get the wiser I realize my dad was

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited
    325/60r20 falken at3w, 2.25 dobinsons ,20x9 +20 fuel torque wheels, leer xr100, bmc
    Let me start out by saying this before I explain my post. I am fine. Don't feel obligated to post condolences, as I'm a few close friends kind of guy than distant friend of many. If you want to you can though it doesn't bother me.

My dad passed on yesterday. It was a long time coming and expected. I experienced something weird when it happened. Was leaving to go check out a truck for my son who is almost 16. I was in my dad's c10. It's fully restored ls swapped. Never a lick of problems ever with this truck. No quirks no issues , as turnkey as they come. I'm driving it.out to see this truck, and I go to pass. 420hp it's usually a quick affair. Got out to pass and mash it and it was surprisingly sluggish. I thought maybe the transmission was slipping. Anyway didn't think much of it. As I went on a couple more stutters and oddities. Nothing major but progressive. Then I get the call, my dad had passed on. I turn around and immediately the truck is bucking and choking for fuel, cel is on and anytime I got in the throttle just choked. Limped all the way back to the nursing home, and then back to my house. I thought about it and it was my dad telling me through that truck he was leaving me. The timing coincided with him letting go. The fuel pump decided to leave with my dad. Something similar happened with my moms death..

Just thought I'd share that the universe and God have a way of letting us know things. I'm sure I'm not the only one this kind of thing happens to.

RIP Pops

Scanned_1630075648821~2 (3).jpg

2. Jul 3, 2022 at 1:49 PM
    Bprose

Bprose Old member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra CM TRD
    Sorry to hear that. Even though it was expected it still is very hard when it happens. You’re right about the universe having a weird way of letting us know things. My condolences to you.

Tundrastruck91 and YardBird like this.
  3. Jul 3, 2022 at 2:06 PM
    Fitzf15E

Fitzf15E New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 Limited DC TRD OR Cement
    Sorry to hear that.
    I know how these things go. Was driving from NC to NY when my Dad was under hospice care. Dog went from being asleep in the back seat of the pickup to leaping across the top of the center console almost to the windshield before recoiling back and looking at me as if to say "tell me you saw that?". It was 8:12 PM (looked at the clock just because it was so odd). I thought dog had lost his mind.
    Stayed in mid-PA that night and the dog refused to go to his bed, instead sitting on the edge of the motel bed looking at the door. My cell phone rang about five minutes after I'd turned out the light. It was Mom, Dad had passed earlier in the evening, she delayed calling knowing I'd be on the road. When I asked what time her response was " a little after 8:00pm, somewhere between 8:10 and 8:15". After the call I "invited" Dad in and talked to him a bit. Once I was done dog got off the bed and laid down in his own to go to sleep. There are forces we have no idea about (but apparently the dog does....).

4. Jul 3, 2022 at 2:26 PM
    Wahayes

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited
    325/60r20 falken at3w, 2.25 dobinsons ,20x9 +20 fuel torque wheels, leer xr100, bmc
    Also I think I should have put this in offtopic discussion If one of the mods want to move it . @ColoradoTJ

T-Rex266 likes this.
  5. Jul 3, 2022 at 2:35 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    My dad also passed about a year and a half ago, and it too was expected after years of battling cancer. I knew immediately when my phone rang at 5:00 that morning that he was gone. Thankfully no weird vehicle issues since his car was in storage at the time. :)

So I offer my condolences, not because I feel obligated, but because I know first-hand that it’s a tough time. Time does take the sting out of it though, and the good memories start to replace the pain. Doesn’t mean we won’t still miss them, and there might be something stuck in my eye as I’m typing this…

Hang in there man. And thanks for posting that story.

6. Jul 3, 2022 at 3:23 PM
    Black@Blue19

Black@Blue19 Old Salt

Member:
    First Name:
    Ken
    SE Texas
    Vehicle:
    21 SR5 TSS Onroad, 24 Camaro 2SS 6.2 L
    To much to list:)
    Great picture…. :)

ps: a couple (few) C10s yesterday in Vegas with Barrett Jackson commanded high value!! They were very nice!:)

Last edited: Jul 3, 2022
    Wahayes[OP] likes this.
  7. Jul 3, 2022 at 3:40 PM
    Wahayes

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited
    Mom was similar when she went. I got a phone call at 3am from her nursing home saying they were transporting her to the hospital for oxygen issues. It was routine and a precaution. 9am that morning I get a call from a Dr saying she had a heart attack over night and was stable but I should start thinking about coming down. I got on a flight and called before I boarded , she was in icu and they said just come when you get here. 330pm we left for Dallas, with a layover before lubbock. We had turbulence out of SLC and the pilot said it would stay until we got to 10k feet. It ended up lasting all but the last 30 min of the flight and was some of the worst turbulence I had felt that I can remember. The pilots kept coming on and apologizing for the flight and that the forecast said nothing about having this much turbulence. When it smoothed out it was the smoothest flight I'd ever been on. When we landed in Dallas I called to check in and they told me she had just passed. They said she had been restless the entire afternoon physically squirming around and about 30 min earlier she just became super calm which is when the flight smoothed out and and then passed on. That's how my mom let me know she was passing. I experienced her discomfort with her the whole flight and her calm as well.

Leo's first, snivilous, ATV25 and 4 others like this.
  8. Jul 3, 2022 at 8:19 PM
    YardBird

YardBird Native San Diegan

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonesy
    Vehicle:
    2005 RCLB
    American Thunder Cat Back ~ Retrax Pro ~ Toyota Bed Mat ~ OEM Split Spoke Wheels
    I've lived in this neighborhood for 30 years and never had a friendly relationship with the gal (Jill) on the one side of my home.
    We once had wet beach towels hanging to dry on a shared fence ~ Jill returned home and within minutes came banging on my door.

"Could you please remove those towels from our fence," she says?

"Certainly, I'll take them down right now," was my reply.

Well, I had a diseased Canary Island Palm tree in my front yard that needed to be removed. The crew was here on Monday morning to take it down, shred the debris and grind the stump.
    Boom truck, shredder, chain saw and stump grinder ~ the whole bit were running most of the day.
    The crew dropped the crown of the palm and it crashed through a fence I share with a different neighbor (Kim) on the other side of my home. Punched a big hole in our shared stucco wall. Not good.

Edit.jpg

Kim was okay with it as this was an accident, and nobody got hurt in the process. This was a huge relief to me and the crew performing the work.

Later Kim told me that my neighbor Jill had passed that Monday evening. Jill's last day on earth was accompanied by all that noise from my tree crew.
    I felt really badly about the whole ordeal once I got the news of Jill's passing.
    Later Kim said this was Jill's parting shot for the grief she'd suffered from living next door to me.

20220702_105022.jpg

At any rate, the tree outfit made good on fixing this shared wall and it looks better now than it did before the incident so all's well in the end.
    And now may Jill rest in peace.

Leo's first, GODZILLA and RainMan_PNW like this.
  9. Jul 3, 2022 at 8:34 PM
    RainMan_PNW

RainMan_PNW SSEM #82 RGBA #4 “That Guy” Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Casey
    Clark County, WA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Lunar Rock TRD Pro CM
    Check the build link in my signature.
    My condolences
    I haven’t lost my parents, but lost my FIL in July of ‘15.
    The memory and the missing him never goes away, just the pain of it. So many times I still expect to look up and see him grinning and walking through the door.

Leo's first and YardBird like this.
  10. Jul 3, 2022 at 8:59 PM
    blackdemon_tt

blackdemon_tt Battery Slayer

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 5.7l Tundra DC SR5 long bed 2wd
    TRD Sway Bar, Roll covers USA bed cover
    My consolences as well.....

My grandma passed away about 5 years ago... I was going through a rough patch at work....Eitherway, I was sitting on the throne at home and an electrical disturbance started on the light bulb over my head....
    So I asked the fam if anyone had experienced electrical disturbance... I also asked the landlord to send an electrician to check the house.. That evening I was in the hallway on the otherside of the house and had the same electrical disturbance situation as the restroom....
    The next day the electrician came by checked the house and it appeared it was all good, even changed the bulbs... That afternoon and evening same thing happen, with static or electrical disturbances just where I stood.... Late that evening I got a call that my grandma had passed away.. After this everything returned to normal.....

Leo's first, GODZILLA and Wahayes[OP] like this.
  11. Jul 3, 2022 at 9:15 PM
    Wahayes

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited
    Yea I lost my mom Nov 30th last year , and my pops yesterday. Both were relatively young in today's standards, 69 and 72 respectively. I miss them both but both had significant health issues. Ironically the post I made in scenic tundras thread of my dad's c10 was a few hours before the fuel pump gave out. It had been cruising around no problem before he passed. This is the picture from that drive

20220702_102157.jpg

12. Jul 4, 2022 at 5:21 AM
    Coastboater

Coastboater New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 1794
    Wheels & Tires, Power Running Boards
    Godspeed to your Dad. I lost mine in 2005 and miss him every day.
    That truck has a nice stance. Safe to assume you’re keeping it?

Wahayes[OP] likes this.
  13. Jul 4, 2022 at 6:06 AM
    Wahayes

Member:
    First Name:
    Will
    Vehicle:
    2017 tundra limited

Products Discussed in

To Top