1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Waterport under a shell, mod for spacing.

Discussion in 'Outdoors' started by NoRcptn, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Jun 27, 2019 at 8:59 AM
    NoRcptn

NoRcptn [OP] Better than mediocre poster

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    GFC, Dobinsons IMS, RW's 285/75/17
    Just installed my Waterport after getting my new shell and RTT. I wasn't expecting this bed rail track to be a problem. So here is my quick fix.
    As you can see the Waterport frame attaches to the rail track but the shell sits out farther creating a space that will not allow you to slide the Waterport onto it's frame.

So a quick trip to the hardware store and I was able to find aluminum spacers and longer hex head bolts to space it out. I was worried about it being flimsy and kinda still am. It would be perfect to find a spacer for the bottom to tie it in to my decked system to limit swing and bounce when full of water.

Aluminum Spacer.

goal of spacer

worked out perfect

2. Aug 26, 2019 at 10:49 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I’m building a drop bracket it for mine right now. Sitting mine underneath my bed cover. My idea to help with the flimsiness is adding a 4 inch piece of 2 x 8 at the bottom of the bracket in an L shape to support against the inner bed side. Then gluing a little piece of rubber to the edge of the wood so it’s got a little cushion.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    TheBeast and NoRcptn[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  3. Aug 26, 2019 at 12:09 PM
    NoRcptn

NoRcptn [OP] Better than mediocre poster

Member:
    NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum
    GFC, Dobinsons IMS, RW's 285/75/17
    Awesome. Please post pics when your done fabricating and installing. I need to do something about bracing the flex flex parts also.

15whtrd likes this.
  4. Aug 26, 2019 at 2:06 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    there is a market for a drop in mount for the waterport imo. I have a tonneau cover and I can't fit it anymore..

15whtrd likes this.
  5. Aug 27, 2019 at 12:27 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/waterport-on-sale-at-costco.44944/#post-1353405
    Post number 21 and 29. Obviously I could’ve done things differently but the general idea is really solid now that it’s finished in my truck.
    I guess they do make a drop-down bracket but without having it in my hand it’s hard to tell if it would do what I wanted it to do.

Products Discussed in

To Top