1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Virginia Beach YSC pig and oyster roast on Saturday 4-30-16 from 1pm-6 pm

Discussion in 'South East U.S.' started by driverdog, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Mar 20, 2016 at 10:48 PM
    driverdog

driverdog [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    Nerf step bars spray in bed liners window tint integrated brake controller
    Hello fellow Tundra owners,

Want to meet up?

I wanted to invite you to a really great bbq at a very desirable location. It is held at Camp Pendleton, a local base in Virginia Beach which is off of General Booth Builivard at Birdneck Road. It will be held Saturday 4-30-16 from 1-6 pm. 21 and older. Rain or shine!

The setting is perfect...large grass area surrounded by trees on three sides with a stream off to one side. A natural wind break and picturesque. Vehicles parked within walking distance but also on grass.

The tickets have to be purchased in advance and they typically sell out early, it's that good.

I think it would be a good way for a meet up if anyone is interested. The parking and event highly organized, it's on grass with plenty of room. The people are friendly, food and beer trucks well staged placed in a large circle and the people make up the hub. The music is performed by two Bands. See brochure. In the event of bad weather the club will provide a huge circus sized tent. Lots of clean porta johns so there won't be any issues with the many ladies who come.

Money goes to charities.

I was fortunate enough to get introduced to this BBq over a decade ago and have not missed their event since. Never disappointed. I liked it so much that a few months ago I joined the YSC club to help out. I'll be helping out either the night before with the pig cooking or during the event. If I get the overnight duty which I want then I get to nap early Saturday morning. I can then enjoy the event with my wife and friends as I have done in the past. Either way I'll be there along with a lot of other people all having fun.

There will be a lot of Bbq from several whole pigs, raw oysters already shucked on the 1/2 shell ready to eat with crackers and choice of sauces, grilled chicken breasts, legs and thighs, beans, slaw, chowder, beer trucks and more. The party is fun and easy to strike up a conversation, there seems to be no strangers. You will not feel bored. It's also cool to sit. We do both. The best of all worlds. Bring your own bag chairs though. People can also bring their own pop up tents to stake out a patch of territory or to shield either the sun or in some cases rain. Not necessary to bring one though just giving you the image and scale of this.

Here is a link to write up done by our local newspaper back in 2011:

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/04/ready-party-40th-pig-oyster-bash-saturday

This year it's their 45th annual event will be held at the same location, Camp Pendleton Virginia Beach

Please let me know if you can make it and I'll make sure to steer you to where we will be.

Thank you,

Jim aka driverdog
    YSC Spring 2016 Roast-2.pdf

Attached Files:
    YouTube video:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F8WMGcqbzfI

Last edited: Mar 20, 2016
    matluth, rons23 and dandailey like this.
  2. Mar 22, 2016 at 6:55 PM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    *Bump*

Update:

FYI,

I went to our club meeting tonight...tickets are selling well, online sales are way up this time over last year. Club sold 2,000 out of 3,500 total so far, in just a few weeks of posting.

I learned I will be on the overnight crew helping cook 14 pigs. YAY!

Anyone thinking of going? If yes consider ordering tickets online sooner than later. I sold 8 out of the 10 tickets that I asked for a few weeks ago. They took our unsold tickets back. They are on track with selling out.

3. Mar 22, 2016 at 7:15 PM
    matluth

matluth Fish On!

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2007 Slate Metallic 5.7L Tundra DC SR5 4X4
    18"X9" FN BFD's rims, 295/70R/18E Cooper Discoverer STT Pro's, upgraded to Old Man EMU coil-overs/shocks. Toytec shackles Next: true dual exhaust, new UCA's.
    I would be there if I could. Please post some after pics.

driverdog likes this.
  4. Mar 23, 2016 at 2:10 AM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    Thanks matluth,

I wish you could be here too! Always fun to meet the people behind the posts. Hopefully others closer will come.

Great way to shake off winter.

I'll take pictures for sure.

5. Mar 23, 2016 at 3:53 AM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    MannyFresh likes this.
  6. Apr 29, 2016 at 1:22 PM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    Tickets for the pig and oyster roast sold out. Here are a few pictures of the site and getting things set up for tomorrow.
    "pigzilla" brand new cooker and will fit 7 of the 14 pigs which will be cooked tonight.
    IMG_0557.jpg
    IMG_0602.jpg

IMG_0581.jpg

IMG_0569.jpgIMG_0598.jpg

rons23, Sean266 and MannyFresh like this.
  7. May 1, 2016 at 3:53 PM
    driverdog

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2015 Inferno pro
    This was the other half of the pigs being loaded from the refrigerated truck into the PRO.

IMG_0663.jpgMany people bring their own tents to stake out some real estate and to get out of the sun.

Beautiful day and great people.
    IMG_0703.jpg IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0691.jpgMy honey IMG_0697.jpgIMG_0687.jpg

The bands playing were great with a lot of people dancing. After an all night of cooking I was able to get 3 hours sleep before returning to spend some time with my wife and our friends.

The lines for food moved very quickly. There was still pork bbq to be had at the end of the day. From the comments I overheard it was a big success and I heard no complaints only compliments on food, venue, weather! Parking is at the site and is well choreographed. Easy in and out.

This is a very laid back event and I hope next year to see some Tundras.com people show.

rons23 likes this.
  8. May 1, 2016 at 4:23 PM
    rons23

rons23 Next Round is on me! Live OBX

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Looks like a good day, I will definitely mark my calendar for next one.

To Top