1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Vasectomy anyone?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by RollTide82, Jul 23, 2020.

1. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:14 PM
    RollTide82

RollTide82 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    Thinking about getting clipped in the near future.....just looking for a little insight.....anyone?

ZappBrannigan and ARMYGREEN like this.
  2. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:16 PM
    palehorse

palehorse @grey_ghost_trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Mount Pleasant, SC
    Vehicle:
    2020 TRD PRO
    I was snipped a few years ago. Not bad. Felt pretty normal the next day. Almost passed out from the smell of burning flesh though:(

RTR

ekinnee, Vic4x4 and Elduder like this.
  3. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:18 PM
    RollTide82

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    I actually work in surgery a lot so the burning flesh no biggie....even have 3 urologists laughing their ass off to clip mine...lol

4. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:23 PM
    daays

daays New Member

Member:
    The surgery didn't take very long, but the feeling the initial shot of numbing agent was unsettling. I didn't smell anything but I did make the mistake of looking forward and seeing smoke rising from my crotch so that was cool. The recovery took a week or two, only the first day or so sucked. You'll have to check your count every so often for the first year probably just to make sure you're good to go. I had mine done 2 years ago and haven't had any major concerns, though sometimes I'll get phantom groin pain. Other than that it's great for...you know.

Darkness, docfnky, TheBeast and 2 others like this.
  5. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:25 PM
    RollTide82

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    Yeah I joke with the doctors that I will bring my sample in a 5 gallon bucket...they have an in house lab...lol

Darkness likes this.
  6. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:31 PM
    Bakershack

Bakershack Critical of Noncritical Thinkers

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Spanish Fort, AL
    Vehicle:
    2020 SSM 1794 4x4
    Just make sure you stay on your back for the full 72 hours afterward. That was the hardest part for me. Since then, no issues at all, no difference in sensations, no pain, and NO MORE BABIES! I have the best of both worlds, one boy and one girl, both amazing kids (I married a good wife :yay:).

7. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:33 PM
    P-Factor

P-Factor New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Double Cab
    TRD Sway Bar, TRD Exhaust, TRD Cold Air Intake
    A simple procedure with an audible crunch. :sawzall:
    [​IMG]

8. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:34 PM
    RollTide82

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    Lol

P-Factor[QUOTED] likes this.
  9. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:39 PM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    I need to do this as well. Been putting it off but need to get serious about it. Not looking forward to it.

10. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:42 PM
    RollTide82

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    Just gonna miss biking for a while

11. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:48 PM
    NCSkeeter

NCSkeeter New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Silver Tundra Crewmax 4x4 1794
    TRD Rear Sway Bar, Truxedo X15 Tonneau Cover, Toyota OEM Bed Mat
    Not bad, I’ve had two. I did have some phantom groin pain in the beginning. I’d be doing something like presenting in a meeting at work and it would feel like someone kicked me where the sun don’t shine. That mostly subsided over time.

That said, get tested until your count is 0. My first didn’t work. Interestingly the phantom pain was after the first. I’ve always wondered if it was related to the healing.

12. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:49 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Had mine in 2013 after kid 2. It’s just the thought of it. It’s not too bad
    They say no sex for whatever time. Well, to hell with that. Same day I was ready to roll. Back in the gym a few days later.

Edit; I had the wife being in the test to the lab lol. Confirmed zero

13. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:50 PM
    Doctor Flex

Doctor Flex Just browsing...

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2020 White 1794 TRD
    TRD Pro skid, Line-X, Tonneau, drivers grab handle, wireless charger, RB 20's, TRD Pro wheels, Gator Liners.
  14. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:52 PM
    Elduder

Elduder New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    I had it done and dont regret it. It was really crazy when I think back about it though. Not the surgery, just the way doctors are. My wife tried for a few years to get fixed and they would never agree to it. Then I schedule a primary care apt with the wife. The doctors was like, what this about you are interested in a more permanent birth control? I said, yeah I want to get snipped. Theyre like, oh you dont need to visit me, just call this number. Called it and a month later Im all done, only cost me $15 (copay).

The surgery was fine, some minor issues though. Yeah the smell is not great, the pain is more like someone just pinching on your balls. The assistant nurse was pretty, which was a little odd at first but ok after a bit. I was surprised that she refused to help me once the doctor was out of the room. Probably just worried about being "behind closed doors" in that situation, maybe she was just paranoid. :confused:

Get a jock strap.

I wore mine for the next couple days, then tried boxer briefs. My balls felt like they weighed 1000 lbs and looked like they were half a foot long, lol. The first couple showers were tough, I had to hold them, so I showered one handed. Any free hanging was like having a child attached to them. Only other issue I had was once I was up and walking, which was too soon (after 2 days), I pushed my luck. I didnt figure it out till later, but I noticed that in all my walking around that my pants would feel tight and I was walking kind of bow legged. Like I had to swing my legs around my junk. If you guessed that my balls were growing you'd be right. They swelled up nicely. So I was back to the couch for another couple days.

Here's my pointers and things you should ask:

Take a week off from work, if you are ready to go back sooner, go. If you're not and you take a couple days, you'll be walking like a cowboy.

Get a couple jock straps.

Ask if the doctor is using stitches. Some don't use them, and you have a small hole in your balls. Mine did, but one stitch fell out. I had a hole and freaked, but the doctor was like "its fine, some docs dont even sew them up". I guess the hole doesn't go all the way through.

Don't freak out if they hang lower than normal for a bit, its not uncommon.

The pain can last a few days or a few months. Mine were good after a week, but the tube was very sensitive for a month. Now they feel normal.

The first time you, uh, "release", lol, do it alone. If theres any residual blood, I dont think your wife will want to see it. Just a disclaimer, I didnt have that issue.

Well, now you all know me a bit too much. :anonymous:
    Good luck OP.

15. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:53 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    I told my nurse, as she was washing it with disinfectant (?)
    “How are you doing?”
    “Well, I’ve never had someone was my balls before”
    “Sir, I am not washing them, I am applying xxxxx”

16. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:54 PM
    Elduder

Elduder New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    That was a fun part for sure, the nurse that did mine was full of jokes. Odd, but fun.

GODZILLA likes this.
  17. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:55 PM
    T-Rex266

Member:
    U need humor in such an awkward moment. I’m the king of that lol

GODZILLA and Elduder like this.
  18. Jul 23, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    Grizzly660

Grizzly660 21 Army Green Sport

Member:
    North Dakota
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Sport
    20 inch XD Hoss wheels with Nitto EXO Grappler Wetokole seat covers
    Just had it done almost 2 weeks ago, proceedure took about 20 min. Had it done on a Friday and the recliner and soft ice packs will be your best friend for 2 days at least. I was back to work on Monday with lifting restrictions of 10 lbs for a week. Still a little tender at times but to be expected. Simple easy process. Post-op just take er' easy as possible for the next week. I've heard stories of family friends going fishing the next day and their junk became the size of a softball...

MotoTundra and Elduder like this.
  19. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:06 PM
    RollTide82

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra 4x4
    Thanks great info!

20. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:12 PM
    shackleford rusty

shackleford rusty New Member

Member:
    TEXAS!
    had it done about 5 years ago.

doc walks in, sets radio on counter, turns up the volume and blasts skynyrd. says, "i hope what i am about to do to you doesn't ruin skynyrd for ya, but it'll help keep your mind busy"

thought that was pretty kick ass.

shots hurt like hell. but afterwards, you do not feel a thing.

MAKE SURE TO WEAR WHITEY-TIGHTY'S FOR AT LEAST AS LONG AS YOUR DOC RECOMMENDS.

felt pretty good after a day of ice packs on my crotch. so good in fact, i threw on some boxers and jeans and took the harley out for a rip. BIG MISTAKE.

DID I MENTION TO WEAR WHITEY-TIGHTY'S FOR AT LEAST AS LONG AS YOUR DOC RECOMMENDS?

other than that, no biggie.

side note: i do get tested about once a yr to make sure i'm still shooting blanks. so far so good.

my buddy had one performed and several years later, he and wifey got pregnant. it WAS HIS, and his doc confirmed that his body 'healed itself' and his rounds were in fact live again.

his boy is nicknamed champ.

Joss1799, GODZILLA, WFD473 and 4 others like this.
  21. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:33 PM
    AK Tundra

AK Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Anchorage
    Vehicle:
    2014 1794 Blue
    Westin Bull Bar, hood scoop led, cross bed tookbox
    Had it done back in '98. No regrets and no worries. The big snipping time of year is when March Madness starts. Unfortunately March madness never stopped this year.

Elduder likes this.
  22. Jul 23, 2020 at 6:46 PM
    ekinnee

ekinnee New Member

Member:
    North Central Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Quicksand SR5 TSS
    "Hey that's a might big needle for down there, what are you planning on poking with that? OOOOOOH, DIRECTLY INTO THE TESTICLE!"

daays[QUOTED] and AK Tundra like this.
  23. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:01 PM
    SuperWhite20

SuperWhite20 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Crewmax SR5 4X4
    TRD Sway bar. Deck Rails, Maxliner rear floor mat, Driver side grab handle. Dee Zee bed mat
    I lost use of them about 32 years ago after my daughter was born. Already had a son. Nothing to it. A little shaving, a couple of quick shots, a little smoke a couple of sutures, all done. I was out raking leaves that afternoon. No complications. First wife left a few years later. Remarried and all sorts of good times. Thirty two years later still good. Go for it! Best decision you will ever make! Seriously!

24. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:04 PM
    MICKs18yota

MICKs18yota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra SR
    When I had it done no problems keep a bunch of Bags of frozen peas in the freezer and keep em iced. You’ll be ok. Now on the other hand a buddy of mine didn’t listen to his doctor one swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe the other a grapefruit. He was off work a little over a week and had em iced 24/7 until all the swelling went down.
    Good luck and listen to your doctor.

25. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:06 PM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    I huddled over in pain just reading this post.

Emartin, rhaliuk, GODZILLA and 5 others like this.
  26. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:09 PM
    SuperWhite20

SuperWhite20 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sway bar. Deck Rails, Maxliner rear floor mat, Driver side grab handle. Dee Zee bed mat
    It’s not bad. It’s the Prostate surgery that will make you huddle over in pain. They shove a telephone pole up your junk!

AK Tundra and TheBeast like this.
  27. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:10 PM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    Dude....

28. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:14 PM
    SuperWhite20

SuperWhite20 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Georgetown TX
    Vehicle:
    Ever see Braveheart when theY pull the arrow out of the old man and cotterize it with a hot iron and he gets up a punches the nearest person - like that with a prostate scope!

Tundyfundy likes this.
  29. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:16 PM
    MTRock

MTRock 1889

Member:
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior DC
    DC rear fold down seats, decals removed, blacked out badges, complete stereo, ceramic coating, ToyTec Boss 3/1.5, RidgeGrappler 305/70r17, blacked out rock rings and center caps, smoked tail lights, BAMUFFLER Alpharex Pro headlights, TRD PRO Sequoia Grille, DAPtune
    You have Options?

897FD6DF-CFC7-411E-9AC5-D287A65F0CD9.jpg

Snaz, ekinnee, purplenova and 3 others like this.
  30. Jul 23, 2020 at 7:16 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    X2
    I'll just pull out.:D

Products Discussed in