1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

V6 Radiator fitment, to short

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by ionstorm66, Aug 31, 2018.

1. Aug 31, 2018 at 7:48 AM
    ionstorm66

ionstorm66 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I have a 2005 Tundra 4.0 V6, and the radiator cracked yesterday. I went to advanced and got a radiator, which ended up being an inch shorter than the factory one. I took it back and they double checked it on the computer, and it is the size it should be 21 5/8". The guy checked and the v8 was 22 5/8", but when we pulled it the inlet/outlet are on opposite sides. Well next I called the dealer and a radiator was $600 bucks, which is ridiculous for a plastic tanked unit. That is almost custom all aluminium money. So I was on rockauto and looked at all the radiators, and the CSF 3235 is 22 5/8, which is exactly what the stock one measures. Ordered that and it should be here monday.

Anyone else had the same issue? I hope this one fits, as I'd rather not cut the shroud/pay $600 for the toyota one.

2. Aug 31, 2018 at 7:54 AM
    Casper421

Casper421 Toyota RidgeTrac driver!

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    In the woods
    Vehicle:
    06 DC
    Haven’t experienced this but was going to recommend rock auto before you mentioned it. Hope it works fo you, keep us posted.

3. Aug 31, 2018 at 3:52 PM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    Yes. Keep us posted. I had mine replaced about 5 years ago and can’t remember the total cost at the shop. Don’t remember it being too bad, but then again I can’t remember.

I do recall a few people say that the full aluminum rads don’t last any longer than the plastic fantastics we all have. Let us know how it works out.

Products Discussed in

To Top