1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Used crewmax price check

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Mejarrett9, May 5, 2017.

1. May 5, 2017 at 10:07 AM
    Mejarrett9

Mejarrett9 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    16 Crewmax 1794 super white
    More on the way
    Hey guys, I'm new to this forum and would like to ask yall a question. I am considering buying a Tundra crewmax and would like your opinion on two that I've stumbled across. Both trucks are 4wd and I have a current budget of 35-40k and would like to get the nicest truck I can.

1. 2015 white Crewmax 1794 with no real "extras" other than what comes stock on the 1794 - The dealership said the will let it go for 40k - the truck has less than 8k miles on it - Pros are I really like the inside and the overall interior woodgrain trim and features (got a suit and tie job and sometimes have to take clients to upscale events)... Cons - I know I will want to add aftermarket wheels, tires, and fender flares and other color matched goodies

2. 2014 Crewmax Limited is blue (which I really like cause its different)that is loaded and has aftermarket wheels, tires, fender flares, etc. That truck has 30k miles on it and the are wanting 37k for it. Pros - Love the color and the goodies are basically already on there. Cons - its a year older with more miles and doesn't have the 1794 trim or ventilated seats.

First question - Do these seem like good deals or are they over priced? Does one deal seem better than another?

Are there other pros and cons that I have missed with these two models?

Thanks in advance for your input.
    Matt

2. May 5, 2017 at 10:32 AM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Matt, I personally don't like the leather color of the 1794 edition, but it sounds like a decent deal. If you like it and since your job is what it is maybe you should go for that one. Have you really negotiated the price down or are you just in the looking phase? I'll bet you can get another 1-2k off the $40k you mentioned.

I have a limited '16 and love it. Since you like all the extras on it, I know how this can be. I would go for the lower milage vehicle personally (If I liked the leather color).

Mejarrett9[OP] likes this.
  3. May 5, 2017 at 10:34 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    both seem like good deals.....

honestly, I would be damn impressed if my account manager or whoever took me to an upscale event in a slightly lifted tundy with aftermarket wheels and tires.....just me though....definitely would establish yourself as an "alpha" that takes care of business.

definitely impress the ladies! LOL

However, I love the blue tundras.... 30k miles on a tundy isn't even broken in yet! And it has the additions you want....tough call.

Both have their perks....entirely up to you brother.

Mejarrett9[OP] likes this.
  4. May 5, 2017 at 10:36 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    In my experience you'll probably have more negotiation power with the 14. It also has the aftermarket goodies which, depending on your liking, might be a nice "already done" piece not to have to spend money on.

In my opinion the Limited has prettier interior. I'm not a fan of the woodgrain trim. 37k doesn't seem unreasonable for a 14 if there aren't many/any cosmetic or engine issues, although I think you can get them down a bit from that.

The 15 is basically brand new with only 8k miles. I'm at 7700 in only 3 months but I drive the crap out of it.

As for payments if you're not putting much down the difference in payments won't be too much and 30,000 miles on a Tundra is basically nothing. They last.

Lastly, if you're going to pay 40k for a 15 I would jump up a few thousand and buy exactly what you want new. But that's just me.

Not sure if that answers any questions but those were my initial thoughts

T-Rex266, Mejarrett9[OP] and Law323 like this.
  5. May 5, 2017 at 10:39 AM
    Mejarrett9

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    More on the way
    Damn it guys....You all have the same exact opinions I do...LOL .. Thats not helping me decide... and by the way those prices are after I've beaten up on the dealer for about a month... I think I have him as low as I can get him on both

Eclipsed & Floating likes this.
  6. May 5, 2017 at 10:44 AM
    khunk

khunk Tundra Fan

Member:
    First Name:
    Marty
    Leland, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM Limited 4x4
    You Win no matter what you pick.....It's a Tundra......:thumbsup:

7. May 5, 2017 at 10:45 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    What would they do on a new Limited Crewmax that's been sitting on the lot for 3 months? I bet you could get them down around 43 if you tried hard enough and had some patience.

Personally, that's what I would do if in your shoes....although I didnt;)

Law323 likes this.
  8. May 5, 2017 at 10:49 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    What can we say Matt? You're getting a tundra...that alone suggests great minds think alike!

9. May 5, 2017 at 10:54 AM
    nowayout

nowayout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    With a $40,000 budget buy a new truck. With proper negotiating you should be able to swing it. If not then a 2016 with the larger fuel tank.

RatPatrol and Backslider like this.
  10. May 5, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    Backslider

Backslider Thirsty...

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Tooele, UT
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra AT4 L5P - 2017 4runner SR5P - 2023 Tesla Model 3 LR
    My personal opinion would be the 1794, but you can't go wrong either way. I'm not a fan of used vehicles either, so I agree with others that would just go the extra $2-$3k to buy a new TRD.

Hope you share with us what you decided and stick around. Lots of bad influences here but it's a lot of fun too!

11. May 5, 2017 at 1:34 PM
    Mejarrett9

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Charlotte, NC
    Vehicle:
    More on the way
    I definitely understand what you guys are thinking by saying to spend a little more and just buy new.....but what does a new 1794 cost? they seem to be stickered much higher.

12. May 5, 2017 at 4:23 PM
    3RsDad

3RsDad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Roger
    Vehicle:
    17 Tundra TRD OR
    37k on the 1794. It's about to get another year older. Walk off

13. May 5, 2017 at 4:28 PM
    BlueFalconActual

BlueFalconActual Field Day Inspector Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    29 Palms, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra-less
    The 1794 is the top of the line trim along with the platinum. They share the same leather that is used in Lexus. My personal opinion is if you like the styling of the 1794, I would go for it. It's newer, less miles and higher quality materials. This is all what I would do though. You know what they say about opinions...

MakMurph likes this.
  14. May 5, 2017 at 4:39 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    Either one of those you're getting the small gas tank. I hate mine. For like $30k maybe. But at $40k, I'd just pay a little more and get new. Mmmmmmm..... new car smell.

MakMurph and Eclipsed & Floating like this.
  15. May 5, 2017 at 4:48 PM
    M.K709

M.K709 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    '17 5.7 Crewmax limited
    Borla cat back, Pro grill, MGM hood bulge, mirrors, front bumper caps ect.
    I will give you my .02
    I traded my MGM '14 TRD off road crew with 23k miles (looked like it did they day I drove it off the lot)-I just used the truck to tow the boat.
    The dealer paid $24k for my truck-that was the residual-I could have bought it for that amount and sold it, traded it or kept it. (I got a '17 limited crew)
    They listed the '14 for $31990 certified

Eclipsed & Floating likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top