1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Used 2017 Pro or New 2019 Limited

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by Electron_si, Mar 18, 2019.

1. Mar 18, 2019 at 4:00 AM
    Electron_si

Electron_si [OP] New Member

Member:
    New member to this forum but I’ve been researching Tundra’s for several months. I really like the TRD pro but don’t want to fork out 51k+ for new. I’ve seen a few 17 certifieds in good condition that are in my area.

I’m not a fan of chrome which is why I love the Pro but I also wanted heated seats and leather wheel. I’m looking around 42-44k for either truck just wanted to see if the Pro is worth the extra money. I will probably not take it anywhere other than gravel roads and out on farm land to shoot.

Thanks for the help, I’m leaning towards new but the Pro has me thinking hard

2. Mar 18, 2019 at 4:09 AM
    ZappBrannigan

ZappBrannigan The mind is willing but the flesh is weak

Member:
    Canada, by way of Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    2018 1794 MGM
    NVS light bar
    The pro is essentially a shock package on an sr5. It is also is harder to get a deal on one.

I went with a 1794 because I like the interior; which costs a lot more to change than some shocks. I bought my 2018 1794 for 47k new in December last year. I know people on here have negotiated a better price than that. So you may be able to pick one up at the top of your price range or just a tad more.

With The 2019s you get active cruise control and LED lights on the higher trim levels. The 2017s have no such accoutrements.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2020
    JimboSlice413 likes this.
  3. Mar 18, 2019 at 4:13 AM
    RetiredK9

RetiredK9 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ricky
    North Idaho
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra Limited / TRD Off-Road / Black
    TRD intake, TRD Exhaust, ICON Stage 5, Level8 MK6 18x9 +12, 295/70R18 Nitto Ridge Grappler
    I kind of had the same dilemma... I was going to buy a 2019 TRD PRO, but ended up with the Limited/Off-Road package. I really loved the Pro, but I live in Idaho and I'm old, so heated seat, side sensors, etc... were luxuries that I really wanted. If I was younger, I would have went atheistic and got the Pro, but my old man sensibility said get the limited, because when I lift it later, I'll be removing the TRD Suspension anyway. :)

I know I'm not helping in your decision, but I feel your pain.

Aggieddad02 likes this.
  4. Mar 18, 2019 at 4:18 AM
    Electron_si

Electron_si [OP] New Member

Member:
    Yeah the TSS is a big bonus for me too which the 17 doesn’t have. My wife’s 2017 pilot elit has all the safety package items and it’s so nice to drive on the highway

5. Mar 18, 2019 at 4:22 AM
    Danman34

Danman34 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra TRD Sport
    I was in same position 7 months ago. Used 17’ Pro for 42k or new 18’ TRD Sport for 43k? Aesthetically, the Sport is the same as the Pro minus the bed stamp and black wheels. I planned on replacing suspension anyway, so Pro suspension was not a deal breaker. I opted for the new Sport. Better financing. LED lighting. More options. I just replaced suspension with 6112/5160. So I’m just as equipped as the Pro, minus the bed stamp and the price tag. Lol.

6. Mar 18, 2019 at 5:26 AM
    Aggieddad02

Aggieddad02 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2019 Limited CM TRD Off Road
    There are two things that I have heard repeatedly when thinking about buying something used -

1. Never buy a used atv, and
    2. Never buy a used 4 wheel drive vehicle

I have been told you never know how hard the previous owned dogged that item knowing he was getting rid of it. Not always true but if you have issues the doubt is always there. Good luck

7. Feb 22, 2020 at 7:48 PM
    100cruiserfan

100cruiserfan New Member

Member:
    I am looking at a 17 TRD PRO cement. 30k miles. No heated seats, no climate control. Dealership put new highway tires on. Asking $40k.
    I drive a 00 landcruiser about to hit 200k miles and have a 17 Silverado. The Silverado is a nice vehicle with a lot more features. I just prefer a Toyota. But man do I want to spend more money on a truck with more miles and less features. Idk it’s a tough decision. I am trying to find a nice 1794

8. Feb 22, 2020 at 8:21 PM
    johnnyskullface

johnnyskullface New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Beaverton, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Tundra Limited Crewmax
    I went with an 18 over a 16 because I wanted TSS. I am super happy with it. The radar cruise is amazing. I haven’t needed the smart stop technology, but whenever I do I’m sure I will appreciate it too. I tried to consider what things I wanted that would be incredibly difficult to upgrade in the future. For instance I wanted leather seats and knew there was no way I was going to make that change from cloth seats. I also wanted the pro grill, but I knew if I got a limited I could upgrade the grill later on. Good luck with your purchase!

Products Discussed in

To Top