1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Upgraded My Exhaust!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by kenomouth64, Jun 23, 2017.

1. Jun 23, 2017 at 5:40 PM
    kenomouth64

kenomouth64 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    2007 Toyota Tundra Sr5 4x4 (TRD Off Road) Crewmax 5.7L
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    I ended up going with the following setup because a high school friend of mine is just starting his shop up and needed some business.

2.5 Inch Stainless Steel "Straight Pipe" from the catalytic converters back.

"True" Dual exhaust setup with rear exit at a 45° angle with the rear tire flaps.

16 Inch Length Stainless Steel Magnaflow 4 Inch Outlet Exhaust tips.

At Idle, the truck is very quiet with no noise inside the cabin. When under acceleration, 1200-3000 RPM range, the noise is very distinguishable from within the cab. Once the truck finds a gear to "sit at" and stays at a specific RPM, it makes little to no drone, unless you are going over 75MPH.

However if you go over 3000 RPMs, expect car alarms to go off and tickets, lol.

Luckily I very rarely ever need to exceed 2800 RPMs (Only every now and then when I am towing).

I am waiting to see how I like the setup, I may end up putting a dual in/dual out Magnaflow muffler in later.

I will be making a video soon and posting it to Youtube as well as here.

Shoutout to @dirtydeeds Industries, I am sorry I did not go with your system. I just could not pass on the opportunity to help my buddy out.

GNTundra, dirtydeeds and walter93 like this.
  2. Jun 23, 2017 at 5:58 PM
    walter93

walter93 a Newbie: speak slowly and use small words

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4 5.7
    TRD air filter TRD air maximizer TRD dual exhaust Gatortraxx MX rolling tonneau cover
    Let me know if you do the dual in/out setup. I am also considering that after I install an x pipe on my setup. I want it quieter but still want better than stock performance

3. Jun 23, 2017 at 6:04 PM
    kenomouth64

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    Hold the Line! If you are not holding the line, abandon your ship. Destruction is inevitable without more to hold the line!
    I sure will! I considered an x-pipe for performance as well but decided against it. I will likely have them weld a "H-Pipe" in between the "dual exhausts". I know the X-Pipe offers better performance than a H pipe, but I like the deeper, throatier sound that a H-pipe produces. I am currently happy with my setup now... It is the first day though, only time will tell.

I have noticed that it seems like the engine is "more willing to rev into the Higher RPMs" with the straight pipe setup I have currently.

GNTundra likes this.
  4. Jun 23, 2017 at 6:10 PM
    kenomouth64

Member:
    First Name:
    Tetrus
    Vehicle:
    I have definitely got some "looks" from people and even a few head-shakes, lol. It is just the first day! Too much attention! I need to go Incognito... Well at least this may help me with the problem I have of people not seeing me and trying to merge into the side of my truck.

Just on the way to work a few hours ago, I had some Chevrolet 1500 work truck, try to "Ride me" after I passed him, I guess the noise offended him. Too much fun!

GNTundra likes this.
  5. Jun 23, 2017 at 11:08 PM
    dirtydeeds

dirtydeeds Exhaust Fabricator Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Keith
    USA
    Vehicle:
    2003 and 2013 tundra
    more than I can list here
    All good man:) If I can help with anything feel free to give a call. 760-877-4234

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
    walter93 and NewImprovedRon like this.
  6. Jun 24, 2017 at 1:32 PM
    walter93

walter93 a Newbie: speak slowly and use small words

Member:
    First Name:
    Walter
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5 crewmax 4x4 5.7
    TRD air filter TRD air maximizer TRD dual exhaust Gatortraxx MX rolling tonneau cover
    Well, if I read that correctly you are running straight pipes with no mufflers. That would tend to turn some heads IMHO. I used to travel to Tulsa for work, but no longer. It would be good to hear it in person. Sound clips just don't do justice to exhaust tones.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2018
  7. Jun 24, 2017 at 1:35 PM
    Bl@ckBea$t

Bl@ckBea$t New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    12 Blk Dbl cab
    Dual 12x6 BaMuffler's, Rear-cat Delete, TRD Sway Bar
    Dude, go with an H pipe. I love the deeper and cleaned up sound it gave my dual straight pipes when i had em. It gave back some low end torque too.

Products Discussed in

To Top