1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

***UPDATE***Tech12volts door and/or dash speaker group buy.-valid through 2/28/19

Discussion in 'Deals & Group Buys' started by Pudge, Jan 30, 2019.

1. Jan 30, 2019 at 11:36 AM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    ****UPDATE*****James went through the trouble to actually make us a page to order from his website. You can go right here https://www.shop.tech12volts.com/category.sc?categoryId=136 and order what you want at our group buy prices. Huge shout out to him for this. This guy is so great to deal with, I can not recommend buying all your audio upgrades through tech12volts enough, its a great company.
    These speakers will work in ALL 2007-2019 Tundras, JBL and Non-JBL.
    We need 24 buyers to qualify.

**Door speakers included are 2 sets of Hertz k170 components for front and rear doors, brackets and harnesses, that's 4 midrange woofers and 4 tweeters with inline crossovers. GB price is $210 for all 4 doors, its a crazy good deal for what you're getting.

**Optional purchase of dash speakers.
    The dash speakers consists of 2, Infinity reference 3022 cfx 3.5. You will need to cut or splice your factory connector and add one screw for installation. Screw will be included.
    Center channel is a custom made tech12volts bolt in bracket that houses a pair of included JL Audio C1 tweeters. This bracket bolts right up in the factory holes.
    Set of 3 dash speakers will be $110 if purchased along with the Hertz door kits.

Shipping on all items will be fast and FREE! get in on this now.
    So for $320 you will be able to
    replace all your speakers with high quality components that will really bring you OEM stereo to life, and are perfectly suited to be left in place if you ever change your headunit or add an amp or two.
    You will not find better pieces or a better guy to deal with.
    These speakers will improve the sound immensely, and kill off any distortion that had before and have you have since adding his amazing JBL subwoofer and box.
    This is for tundras.com members only!!!!!!!
    PM me with questions.
    Order here!!!!
    https://www.shop.tech12volts.com/category.sc?categoryId=136
    Thank you @james@tech12volts and thanks to all the members that make this possible.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2019
  2. Jan 30, 2019 at 11:39 AM
    tbrown

tbrown 2017 CM FFV

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Blazing Blue
    Magnuson Supercharger Kooks long tube headers King 3.0 remote reservoir w/ clockers front King 3.0 triple bypass remote reservoir rear Deaver Custom leaf Method 312 Corsa Exhaust w/ custom stainless bro’s resonator tip Custom HP tune Viair 400c Dual Onboard Headlight Revolution Stealth Bar Baja design XL 80 ditch lights on SDHQ Ditch brackets Victory 4x4 sliders and bed Molle RCI Skids C4 fabrication overland front bumper Smittybilt x2o 12k winch Toyo Open Country RT 37’s Icon Billet Delta UCA’s Nitro 5.29’s ARB Air locker front and rear Switch Pros Leitner Designs Bed Rack ICS Fab Dash Mount Expedition One Dual Swing Rear Bumper Viper remote start Rosen in headrest DVD players
    Killing me...

In.

D3Tundra, ninjajay and Pudge[OP] like this.
  3. Jan 30, 2019 at 11:40 AM
    tbrown

tbrown 2017 CM FFV

Member:
    Nashville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Blazing Blue
    Magnuson Supercharger Kooks long tube headers King 3.0 remote reservoir w/ clockers front King 3.0 triple bypass remote reservoir rear Deaver Custom leaf Method 312 Corsa Exhaust w/ custom stainless bro’s resonator tip Custom HP tune Viair 400c Dual Onboard Headlight Revolution Stealth Bar Baja design XL 80 ditch lights on SDHQ Ditch brackets Victory 4x4 sliders and bed Molle RCI Skids C4 fabrication overland front bumper Smittybilt x2o 12k winch Toyo Open Country RT 37’s Icon Billet Delta UCA’s Nitro 5.29’s ARB Air locker front and rear Switch Pros Leitner Designs Bed Rack ICS Fab Dash Mount Expedition One Dual Swing Rear Bumper Viper remote start Rosen in headrest DVD players
    Pudge[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 30, 2019 at 11:49 AM
    doggiecareman

doggiecareman YOLO / Best to do it with a Toyota

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Central CT
    Vehicle:
    Tundra Army Green Limited Double Cab TRD Off Road 2021
    TRD dual exhaust/Factory running boards/center console safe/Truxedo X15 Tonneau/ceramic coated/ceramic window tint/BFG KO2's/swing cases/debadged
    What if you just have the regular Entune/Nav HU that comes in the TRD Pro's? Will they swap out the same as they would with the JBL systems?

one4x4dad and Pudge[OP] like this.
  5. Jan 30, 2019 at 12:01 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I believe you may need an extra harness which he has for $9.99 on his website. I'd reach out to @james@tech12volts first to be sure.
    Eric, this may be the cheapest way to get all your speakers you need for a headunit replacement down the road. Like we talked about Sunday.

doggiecareman[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Jan 30, 2019 at 12:05 PM
    doggiecareman

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Central CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD dual exhaust/Factory running boards/center console safe/Truxedo X15 Tonneau/ceramic coated/ceramic window tint/BFG KO2's/swing cases/debadged
    :thumbsup:

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  7. Jan 30, 2019 at 12:10 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I'm sure a good headunit would drive the speakers fine, then you'd just need a mono amp and sub. Or you could always get a 5 channel amp and run everything from that. You're on your way to a bad ass system.

doggiecareman[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Jan 30, 2019 at 12:19 PM
    KnuckleHD

KnuckleHD New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra CM Limited- Cement
    Timeline for this group buy? I just got my sub and haven’t even had a chance to install haha

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  9. Jan 30, 2019 at 12:52 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I think we can run it the month of February

G2G, D3Tundra, doggiecareman and 2 others like this.
  10. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:13 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Hertz k170 info below, just click the link. Remember that this group buy will include a custom adapter to fit the new speaker in the stock location and a harness to make it plug in without splicing any wires. The adapter and harness alone usually got for $30-50
    https://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/car-audio-systems-uno-k170/

rebmo and doggiecareman like this.
  11. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:17 PM
    FoghornTX

FoghornTX Proud American and Infidel since 1968

Member:
    Ft Worth, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2022 Camry XSE (Black w/blackout package)
    *following*

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  12. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:23 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Custom tech12volts center channel bracket with a pair of JL audio c1 tweeters. Harness included. Shows how it installs into the center speaker location.
    He also makes custom brackets that hold a single tweeter for the right and left dash speakers. He sells those on his website cor $75. They are not part of this group buy, bit you could probably ask to go with the full dash tweeters and brackets, in addition to you door speaker order. It will cost a bit more though

Screenshot_20190130-171900_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-171748_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20190130-172321_Samsung Experience Home.jpg

JoshuaA, D3Tundra and doggiecareman like this.
  13. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:33 PM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    upload_2019-1-30_16-32-28.jpg

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  14. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:46 PM
    tubal

tubal New Member

Member:
    SLC, UT
    Would you not want any midrange in your center dash speaker? Isn't this where your bluetooth phone comes out of?

D3Tundra and Pudge[OP] like this.
  15. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:50 PM
    doggiecareman

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    North Central CT
    Vehicle:
    Definitely count me in.

16. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:52 PM
    Danimal86

Danimal86 Looks clean even when its dirty!

Member:
    First Name:
    Daniel
    Sacramento, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Tundra SR5
    What's the price for the dash speakers without buying the door speakers?

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  17. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:54 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I'm not sure. There must be a good reason he makes these brackets for tweeter for the center channel. Otherwise a 3.5 would probably fit in there with some tweaking. My guess is there is no need for it. I actually had my center channel unplugged for several months and didnt notice any sound changes , if anything it's better. and my bluetooth still worked fine.

18. Jan 30, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    That I do not know. My guess is full price on his website. If you get right,left, center all with brackets and JL audio tweeters its $150. That center channel tweeter set up he made is $75 , then 75 more for right and left which each have 1 tweeter.

phogallen likes this.
  19. Jan 30, 2019 at 4:07 PM
    Puba

Puba Not New Anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Blue Bell, PA
    Vehicle:
    MGM 2019 Crewmax LTD OffRoad
    RCI skid plates Curtis front hitch TracRac Ladder racks Truxedo Tonneau Cover BedRug bed liner Console Vault Tech 12volts complete audio system upgrade Bilstein 6112/5100 Coachbuilder Shackles Fuel Vector 18x9 Falkan Wildpeak 295/70/18 DirtyDeeds 8" Standard Husky XAct floor liners Color matched Bumper Shellz fronts Pop and Lock Tailgate SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount Smittybilt X20 Comp 12K RCI Rock Sliders Harrop SC - Stage 1
    Just joined the forum. Read every post on the subwoofer group buy. I would certainly be in on the upgraded speakers. I did pay regular price for the subwoofer, haven't installed yet. Looking forward once temps here get above freezing.

Thanks to everyone who posted the installation tips and commentary.

Black Wolf, TomC843 and Pudge[OP] like this.
  20. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:03 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Welcome aboard Chris, and stick around it's a great group we have here, tons of ideas and helpful information and not loads of BS like many other truck forums. I will PM you the info for this speaker buy

T-Rex266 likes this.
  21. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:19 PM
    Puba

Puba Not New Anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Blue Bell, PA
    Vehicle:
    RCI skid plates Curtis front hitch TracRac Ladder racks Truxedo Tonneau Cover BedRug bed liner Console Vault Tech 12volts complete audio system upgrade Bilstein 6112/5100 Coachbuilder Shackles Fuel Vector 18x9 Falkan Wildpeak 295/70/18 DirtyDeeds 8" Standard Husky XAct floor liners Color matched Bumper Shellz fronts Pop and Lock Tailgate SDHQ Hidden Winch Mount Smittybilt X20 Comp 12K RCI Rock Sliders Harrop SC - Stage 1
    Thanks kindly. I am an ex F150 owner, recently separated......forever. No more BS is welcome relief. Tundra is what it is.....Ford was like a box of chocolates. Near the end of the relationship, I never knew what the next day was going to surprise me with. A truck that actually starts every morning is a step in the right direction.

22. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:23 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Our trucks definitely lack in tech and some creature comforts but makes up for it with quality, reliability and value. Having all those fancy gadgets and add ons don't do you any good if your truck is in the repair garage more than your own garage. I love my tundra and have had 2 previous Toyota trucks, I can't see myself switching brands unless I needed an HD truck and who knows maybe Toyota will make one by then

DalTee and D3Tundra like this.
  23. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:27 PM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    I’m in for the full set of door speakers. I’m a sucker. Thanks James!

HBdirtbag and Pudge[OP] like this.
  24. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:30 PM
    00Tyler10

00Tyler10 WETT Expeditions

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Plat 4x4
    PTM Mirror Caps Spray in Bed Liner Window Tint XD Buck 20x9 Wheels 275/65/20 BFG K02s Bamf 10" exhaust
    I'm in for door and dash

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  25. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    Puba

Puba Not New Anymore

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Blue Bell, PA
    Vehicle:
    My new Tundra will tow or carry everything I need it to at this stage in life. MY HD days are waning.....so now it's updgrading the Tundra to get it "long road trip ready". I honestly didn't think the JBL 12 speaker system was that horrible until I started reading this damn forum.

26. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:34 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I'm contemplating dash speakers too. The extra $110 isn't much and I know I'll regret not doing them if I skimp out. Damn to I wish I didn't have that freaking bathtub disaster this week, its messing with my head.

27. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:36 PM
    00Tyler10

00Tyler10 WETT Expeditions

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Plat 4x4
    PTM Mirror Caps Spray in Bed Liner Window Tint XD Buck 20x9 Wheels 275/65/20 BFG K02s Bamf 10" exhaust
    Do it Pudge! Think Nike

BlueBottle and Pudge[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  28. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:38 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    You're gonna love how much better it sounds once you get all these speakers installed.
    I have grown to hate the head unit but will likely stick with it til I win the lotto lol

phogallen and BlueBottle like this.
  29. Jan 30, 2019 at 5:53 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Ya got me Sean, @Pudge, I'm in.

BlueBottle, GodlessPro and Pudge[OP] like this.
  30. Jan 30, 2019 at 6:11 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    What's everyone thinking about doing? Just doors? Dash too? I know I hear a lot from my dash speakers as they are now, but are the really needed? I wonder if I can just do the doors and disconnect the dash all together. For the extra $110 which in the tundra mod world is peanuts, its probably worth going all out right?

doggiecareman and 831Tun like this.
To Top